I followed all the steps in "BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS)" but when I get to step 4, where it says:

"You'll then see a dialogue box that tells you it's searching for device application updates and a few seconds later another box will appear asking if you want to install the available upgrades."

the box that's supposed to pop-up asking if you want to install the available upgrades doesn't pop-up. Any help?

PS: I'm using Desktop Manager v4.6 without Media Manager.
    07-20-10 07:40 PM
    Don't worry about the dialog box, just click application loader and "next" your way
    through to the end. That will trigger the update.
    07-20-10 11:21 PM
    So when I get to the Application Loader, I don't need to browse for anything, just click next?
    07-21-10 03:57 PM
    Any help?? This thing is getting annoying! I keep re-downloading and uninstalling both the OS and Desktop Manager, I even tried deleting Vendor.xml file and it's still not working. I tried just going to Application Loader but it says that nothing was done. Help!! D:
    07-21-10 11:04 PM
    Don't worry about doing it through the desktop manager. Just use the loader.exe file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 11:13 PM
    Okay. So how would I load the OS on that? When I just click Next it just says "No actions are required."
    07-21-10 11:20 PM
    When you click next on the loader.exe file it says no action required? And are you sure you download and installed the newest OS and uninstalled the old one?

07-21-10 11:29 PM
    How would I uninstall the old one? And I'm sure it's the newest one cause it's from CrackBerry.
    07-21-10 11:52 PM
    You can uninstall the old one by going into your control panel and then going to add/uninstall programs. I'm pretty sure that's what its called, and then look for the old OS and uninstall it.

07-22-10 12:15 AM
    Hmm so it seems that I don't have the OS oin my PC. But I'm sure I've installed the newest one. I keep reinstalling and uninstalling, seeing if I would get lucky. Man this is really confusing me.

07-23-10 11:35 AM
    You don't have which OS, the one your trying to install or your old one?
    07-23-10 03:33 PM
    Alright I've kinda token a break from it, but I'm back. I'm gonna try this again. Uninstall the new OS, and I don't have the old one installed. Then I'll try reinstalling, deleting the vendor.xml file, and loading up Loader. I'll see if that works.
    07-26-10 11:44 AM
    Well if the update is from your company then you won't have to delete the vendor.xml file. Also if your company doesn't provide that OS then it won't show up on the Desktop Manager.
    07-26-10 06:51 PM
    Okay thanks for the help dude! Really hard, a lot of patience, but I got the OS updated after downloading BB DM 6
    07-28-10 01:44 AM
    Oh the leaked one? What's the difference between that one and DM 5.0?

07-28-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD