Exactly like what the title says, Ok so... WTF?!?!?!?!

This post is kind of long and goes on for a bit.. just lettin ya know..

I just got my replacement S2 9550 today, dropped the other one in a glass of water and it is pretty dead as of now. (there is a different thread about that) I went to restore what mem I had backed up onto the replacement S2. Opened up BB desktop manager, plugged the repl. S2 in, using the data cable. Went through all the crap to restore the phone. I did what desktop manager said to do. I did not disconnect or even touch the phone while this was happening. I do have BB desktop manager 5.0.1 which is the latest version.

So... WTF!!!!!

After that was all done, everything seemed fine with the phone. I used it for a bit no problems. I went to SMS someone, who is in my contact list. I opened up SMS, and went to type their name in. Usually there is a drop down menu that you can choose a contact from. The menu was there but there were no contacts to choose from. So I opened my contacts, highlight the contact, clicked BB button, choose SMS Robert. This opens a SMS but the contact name is not there, just their number.... ok.... other than that sending/receiving SMS is fine. I also received a SMS from one of my contacts and only the number showed.

Later on, I tried to make a call from my contact list. I opened contacts, chose a contact, and hit the "answer" key to start the call. Normally, the screen will show the call duration, connected/disconnected, contacts name, number, and where the number is from, right?. Now it literally just says [No Info], and after that, the number.... but their name is in my contact list, and I called from my contact list so WTF!!!!

So eventually I noticed that for some reason, the phone decided to revert back to the original version of BBM... but there was nothing in the application center for BBM, even after I updated app list. Ok... so I went to BB App World to install the latest version of BBM.... this is when I noticed that BBAW was nowhere to be found on the phone. I go back into App Center to install BBAW. This required a reboot after it was finished installing, and the phone prompted me for that, so I chose "reboot now".

Now there is the latest version of BBM, and BBAW.... but now my whole contact list has disappeared..... ok sooooo...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-02-10 04:41 PM
    Otherwise the phone operates fine...
    04-02-10 05:01 PM
    Wtf!!!!!!!
    04-02-10 05:39 PM
    yea wtf!!!!!!
    04-02-10 05:42 PM
    In the Address Book, press Menu and select Filter. Ensure no boxes are checked. If boxes are checked, unchecking them will solve the problem. If no boxes are checked, try restoring your backup again. Apps aren't included in a backup, so restoring won't affect your BBMessenger or App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 05:55 PM
    Yea neither box was checked, but I just noticed my phone decided to put my own name as a contact with one of my emails....

So will BB DM remove the mem that is currently on the phone and replace it with the back up file? Or do I have to wipe the mem and set the phone back to stock/default somehow before I do the backup restore?

Thanks!

Nicholas
    04-02-10 06:11 PM
    Restoring a backup will completely replace the databases that are on the phone now. You don't have to wipe or delete anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 06:22 PM
    This is happening more and more after each update on my phone to I only have 7 contacts left out of 163. All my contacts are there but any time I use add contact only 7 show up.
    04-02-10 06:34 PM
    Awesome! Thank you very much for the advice!
    Last edited by KleeneFotze; 04-02-10 at 06:37 PM. Reason: NVM I found it!
    04-02-10 06:36 PM
    This is happening more and more after each update on my phone to I only have 7 contacts left out of 163. All my contacts are there but any time I use add contact only 7 show up.
    Im going to start using Google Sync, or maybe Verizon's contact backup on their website.
    04-02-10 06:39 PM
    Awesome! Thank you very much for the advice!
    Your edit line says "NVM, I found it." What was the answer? Someone else may have the exact same problem and can learn from you. That's the power of the forum.
    04-02-10 08:57 PM
    Your edit line says "NVM, I found it." What was the answer? Someone else may have the exact same problem and can learn from you. That's the power of the forum.
    Oh haha I was wondering where to post questions about these forums. I found it at the bottom of the main forum page under "CrackBerry.com Site Related Talk"
    04-03-10 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD