Hi, I'm having a problem synching my BB with my laptop.

The Synchronize button in DM is grayed out, and the title bar says Disconnected. But I can add applications if I like, but it's doing something strange it didn't before - when I click on Application Loader and Start on the Add/Remove Applications section, I get the Device connection popup with the USB-PIN: number and blank password field. I click on OK, and it reads my device and gives me my list of installed apps.

It never used to popup the Device connection request before, and I can synchronize perfectly on my desktop PC.

How can I get it to connect properly on my laptop?

(I'm using DM 4.6)

Any help would be vastly appreciated.
    01-24-09 03:30 PM
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling DM on your laptop. It's not recognizing the BlackBerry when you first plug it in.
    01-24-09 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. Unfortunately, I just uninstalled and then reinstalled DM but the situation is still the same.
    01-24-09 04:59 PM
    Has it ever worked on your laptop? Have you tried a different USB port? Is your laptop running XP or Vista? If XP, was the BlackBerry disconnected from the laptop while you uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Manager? Windows XP does not include a BlackBerry USB driver. The driver is installed when you install Desktop Manager. If a BlackBerry is plugged into the USB port before you install Desktop Manager, XP will load a generic driver that will prevent the BlackBerry USB driver from being loaded. Vista has a BlackBerry driver and does not have this problem.
    01-24-09 06:14 PM
    Has it ever worked on your laptop? Have you tried a different USB port? Is your laptop running XP or Vista? If XP, was the BlackBerry disconnected from the laptop while you uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Manager? Windows XP does not include a BlackBerry USB driver. The driver is installed when you install Desktop Manager. If a BlackBerry is plugged into the USB port before you install Desktop Manager, XP will load a generic driver that will prevent the BlackBerry USB driver from being loaded. Vista has a BlackBerry driver and does not have this problem.
    It did work on my laptop. It's running Vista. I had the BB unconnected while installing. When I reconnected, windows installed the drivers.

I just tried another USB port and it worked!!

Thanks for the suggestion - I had all but given up.

Then, out of curiosity, I put it back in the other USB port - and now it works on that one also. I've no idea why it worked/didn't work, but I'm so glad it's working again.

Thanks for your help
    01-24-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD