I use Vista and both my wife and I use the DM after logging on with our own logon and password. I set my Blackberry 8530 up first and the PC recognized it correctly (as did DM) and DM synced Outlook just fine.

I then logged on with her logon and it did just as described above, no problems. I then went to connect my Blackberry to the PC again. The PC recognized the phone but DM does not recognize the phone is connected so all the functionality is gone. Any advice for a new two week Blackberry owner?
    01-18-10 11:29 AM
    restart the computer??
    01-18-10 01:40 PM
    Yes, I'm sorry I left that out. Also, turned the Blackberry off and removed the battery.
    01-18-10 02:16 PM
    I'm having this same issue, except I've never had it working. Computer recognizes BB but Device Connected PIN shows as none in Desktop Manager.

If I click on none, it allows me to edit some settings, none of which seem to make any difference whatsoever. If I click on detect under those settings it warns me to make sure the device is connected, then says device not found. Windows recognizes its connected fine.

I've tried this using DM from the supplied disc, and with an upgraded version.
    Seems to be a problem with the drivers to me, they don't seem to install with DM, and when I connect the BB and try to find them using windows, it fails.

I'm using Vista Ultimate edition. Will manually installing the BB drivers fix this problem? If thats not the issue, any other insight?

Edit: I've tried battery pulls and PC restarts after every install of BB DM.

Thanks
    01-22-10 05:03 PM
    I'm having this same issue, except I've never had it working. Computer recognizes BB but Device Connected PIN shows as none in Desktop Manager.

If I click on none, it allows me to edit some settings, none of which seem to make any difference whatsoever. If I click on detect under those settings it warns me to make sure the device is connected, then says device not found. Windows recognizes its connected fine.

I've tried this using DM from the supplied disc, and with an upgraded version.
    Seems to be a problem with the drivers to me, they don't seem to install with DM, and when I connect the BB and try to find them using windows, it fails.

I'm using Vista Ultimate edition. Will manually installing the BB drivers fix this problem? If thats not the issue, any other insight?

Edit: I've tried battery pulls and PC restarts after every install of BB DM.

Thanks
    I'm convinced this does not work like we want it to work. The workaround is to close desktop manager for all uses and only open it if you want to sync. Then make sure to close it again after you are done. It can only be opened by one user at a time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD