I am new to the forums and before posting this I looked around for threads explaining the following:

1. Where can I get PocketMac?
    2. Once I get the program, how do I sync iCal, add music, etc.

Again, if I missed the thread where this is all explained I apologize.

Thanks in advance.
    02-11-09 11:04 AM
    You can download PocketMac from the RIM website and make sure you download the drivers too. After you install it syncing is as easy as plugging it in via USB and running the program basically.
    02-11-09 11:21 AM
    Whoa. Hold on there. Downloading pocket mac is easy enough, sure. But we should really mention that the install is a lot like a swarm of federal agents swarming over your Mac killing processes so THE ALMIGHTY INSTALL can run, afterwards you are treated to a mandatory reboot. But the best part is yet to come! Calendar entries will multiply like bunnies in heat every time you sync. Phone numbers can turn into email addresses and vice versa. Pocket Mac can be a very ugly thing. But wait. Blackberry on Mac can be a very ugly thing as Mark/Space Missing Sync doesn't work all that well either. MS just launched version 2.0 and there are issues with it as well. I wish I knew what I know now about BB and OS X before I made the decision not to go with vmware/windows for sync. BB support on OSX is so awful that it's really worth thinking about installing Windows on your Mac to support your Blackberry. Really. I just wish somebody had been this up front with me back when I was asking these questions.

I should also mention that your mileage may vary. If you have a small amount of data to sync, you might never find out about these warts. But with my 1000+ calendar entries and 4000+ contacts, I am underwhelmed with the ability to sync my BB 8830 to my Macbook.
    02-11-09 11:46 AM
    Whoa. Hold on there. Downloading pocket mac is easy enough, sure. But we should really mention that the install is a lot like a swarm of federal agents swarming over your Mac killing processes so THE ALMIGHTY INSTALL can run, afterwards you are treated to a mandatory reboot. But the best part is yet to come! Calendar entries will multiply like bunnies in heat every time you sync. Phone numbers can turn into email addresses and vice versa. Pocket Mac can be a very ugly thing. But wait. Blackberry on Mac can be a very ugly thing as Mark/Space Missing Sync doesn't work all that well either. MS just launched version 2.0 and there are issues with it as well. I wish I knew what I know now about BB and OS X before I made the decision not to go with vmware/windows for sync. BB support on OSX is so awful that it's really worth thinking about installing Windows on your Mac to support your Blackberry. Really. I just wish somebody had been this up front with me back when I was asking these questions.

I should also mention that your mileage may vary. If you have a small amount of data to sync, you might never find out about these warts. But with my 1000+ calendar entries and 4000+ contacts, I am underwhelmed with the ability to sync my BB 8830 to my Macbook.
    i could not agree with u more...
    BB with mac i hope there will be a solution to this as soon as possible.. coz this is killing me also.. i tried using pocket mac and missing sync... neither both of that helps to crack the problem...

maybe it is easier if you just install a vmware/parallel desktop on your mac just to sync your bb.
    02-15-09 01:59 AM
    What the heck man! Blackberry and Mac are supposed to be the cream of the crop not the crap. This is really frustrating. can anyone make this thing work on a mac? Is there no hope? Am i sentenced to PC **** the rest of my life???
    02-16-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD