hello, i recently purchased the blackberry 8900 and love the phone, i love the fact that i can transfer multimedia files to my phone from my pc... the only problem is the blackberry desktop 5.0 slows down my computer badly. I dont understand because my computer is not to old. i am running windows xp, 2gb ram etc... what could be causing this... all i really want to do is transfer movies from my computer to my phone. Also for some odd reason even when i do not open up the program it still seems that my computer is slightly slow, but when i uninstall the program my computer performs well.. help????!!!!
    09-06-09 04:13 PM
    I suspect you have installed the version that contains Roxio Media Manager, with the default settings.

On startup, it launches three threads that search out media files. That brings everything to a crawl.

There are two way around it, the simplest is a reinstall with launch at startup de-selected.

Alternatly, you can do the default install, then use MSCONFIG to disable the indexing feature.

It seems to work just fine without it.
    09-06-09 04:17 PM
    I would uninstall and reinstall, make sure you read each window and uncheck any "optional" applications that want to be installed.
    09-06-09 04:26 PM
    Only issue is that with 5.0 you need roxio to do a lot of the things. I'd suggest going to a lower version, anything but 5.0 :P

Roxio is most likely the reason for the issue.
    09-06-09 04:31 PM
    ok im not that computer literate so please bare with me, I already reinstalled so it doesnt startup when the computer starts and it still seems to close down, how do i transport movies to my device from my computer without using the roxio media manager ??
    09-06-09 04:37 PM
    OP here's what i would do. Uninstall that joke of a multimedia program called Roxio. Instead of using that you can use mass storage
    mode on your pc. Connect your phone to your pc and on your BB screen you'll have the option to turn it on. Now you can access your phones memory and media card as a flash drive through "my computer"
    09-06-09 05:02 PM
    ok i figuired it out, i downloaded 4.6 version and deleted the roxio media program, it seems as if the problem stopped,
    thanks a lot!!!
    09-06-09 06:07 PM
    btw thanks for the tip forever 29 so i guess i could jus transfer the files manually instead of using roxio
    09-06-09 06:08 PM
    btw thanks for the tip forever 29 so i guess i could jus transfer the files manually instead of using roxio
    Yup. Much easier to just explore everything through a flash drive than to slow
    down your PC.
    09-06-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD