So I'm a new MacBook user. Just got my nice, white, shiny plastic laptop on Thursday. I love it, but I don't understand it very much.

I did manage to do a few things like sync my facebook calendar with iCal and also download DM for Mac. So I guess I'm not completely hopeless!!

In addition I did do a search in this forum about my question but I seem to be getting a lot of answers for Missing Sync and PocketMac, which I'm not looking to use.

My question, however, may seem very dumb (or it could not, since I really know nothing about macs). If I sync my address book on BB with the one on Mac by pressing that button, is it going to clear all my BB contacts? I have none in the address book on the macbook right now and I'm afraid syncing them will delete the contacts I have now.

Because the button says it's a "two way sync" and that is what is making me very nervous. I guess same question could apply for the calendar as well, but I doubt I'll be syncing them because I don't need more clutter on my BB calendar.

Thanks so much in advance. I appreciate you helping me out.
    10-19-09 09:37 AM
    No. A 2 way sync will not erase your contacts on your bb. Unless you have the button clicked that says something like replace device contacts. Don't remember exactly what it says. I'm at work. And my Macs are at home.
    10-19-09 10:24 AM
    I am offering my help. I've had my macbook for almost a year now, msg me on aim dcy4pres or [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:38 AM
    OK, first thing you do is a Back UP (click on the folder in the right hand corner) This will back-up your contacts on your device just in case the sync deletes them. Then go to sync>contacts (select: two-way next to Sync Contacts, All contacts and groups and make sure under Advanced Settings you do not check the box. Click on the green sync button on the top right.
    10-19-09 11:16 AM
    Okay, I backed everything up. The only thing it said it couldn't back up was the MMS (any particular reason for that??)

I'll be backing up my contacts! I'm so nervous, but I appreciate your help guys!! Thanks for helping out a mac newbie :P
    10-19-09 09:10 PM
    Navy. I've been using Macs for ten years. Done tech support for HP in a Mac envrionment for years. Did tech support for Apple. And was also a Mac Sys Admin years ago. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need help. I love helping Mac Newbies learn the joys of Mac Ownership.
    10-20-09 09:51 AM
    I have a new IMAC which I love. I have a Blackberry 8330 also. I have always synced my Blackberry to outlook on my pc desktop. I am running windows on my IMAC with Parallels as well because the program that runs my business requires windows. I have tried to sync both using windows and the IMAC unsuccessfully. So far, my "notes" and "tasks" have ended up in my email program but titled correctly. My contacts seem OK on my BB, but my calendar has been completely deleted!!!! Any help is appreciated.
    10-22-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD