Hey

I am new to alll of this. But not to computers or smartphones, so hopefully you will be able to make my setup sing.

I've just switched from WP7 to a 9900 and I've also jumped from Windows to Mac.

I use Google to manage my calendar/contacts/email and obviously BB-Gmail works like a dream. I'm trying to stay with native Mac apps (what the point of going mac if you dont go mac) so I am using iMail iCal and iContacts -- I'm finding that I nee to keep pressing sync on the bar at the top of my mac to keep everything working together, and sometimes I get duplicate entries.

What's the dealio?

g
    Last edited by guycross; 09-20-12 at 08:52 AM.
    09-20-12 08:49 AM
    You can sync mail and calendars with google, without any issue. You can sync your contacts too. But you won't be able to sync the birthdays and anniversaries stored in your contacts with google. Or you can use Blackberry Desktop manager to sync your contacts with mac and from mac to google. (It doesn't work for me. As, syncing with desktop manager changes the dates(birthdays etc) by one day)

Sent from my  9900 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 09:12 AM
    Yeah I had this problem with mac and my bb, you get duplicates in your contacts, calendar . Mac desktop manager is a bit dodgy, doesn't really give you enough sync configs like on windoze. I just stick to making my bb the primary device for contacts and calendar. Calendar syncs well with your Gmail calendar. For the contacts I just backup with bb protect which is done daily automatically, to get it into icontacts, I delete all contacts in icontacts and sync afresh from time to time since my bb is the primary device. You could also sync your contacts to Gmail once in a while as well. Mac and bb dm not best of friends
    09-20-12 09:31 AM
    Yeah okay gents, I figure that there isnt a simple work around here - my BB is becoming the weak link in the chain... which is sad... I guess we are all waiting for BB10 but I'm not sure I'm gonna take the risk on something that new
    09-20-12 08:03 PM
    FYI my master contact list, calendar (and email obviously) is google... I just want all of my devices to be the same all of the time.

Google and mac talk well to each other.
    BB and Google sync "okay" to each other.

but I am not sure I can make all 3 play nicely together....
    09-20-12 08:05 PM
    There is an app called SyncMate that syncs data between Mac and Blackberry, contacts and calendars are synced with Mac applications for free - you can check out its free version and decide if this is exactly what you were looking for.
    I'll give it a try. But, I think the problem is with the blackberry phone. I have tried various online sync services. And result is the same every where.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-24-12 05:08 AM
    There is an app called SyncMate that syncs data between Mac and Blackberry, contacts and calendars are synced with Mac applications for free - you can check out its free version and decide if this is exactly what you were looking for.
    Thanks mobilefan. It does the job, partly.
    I am able to sync/transfer the contacts from bb to mac ( without anniversary dates). But it does not do Mac <-> BB or Mac -> BB sync. Maybe It is not fully supporting mountain lion. Also, it works only after uninstalling Blackberry desktop manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-24-12 06:31 AM
    Before I used to be on office365 (exchange online plan with free BB Cloud Services) with my new Bold 9900, I utilised google mail, calender and contacts to sync my Mac, Cloud and BlackBerry Bold 9700.

It worked just fine with google sync, which was a bit tricky to set up but - once activated in the well hidden menu - provided seamless sync in both directions (Mac to/from BB) for calenders and contacts.

I experienced the aforementioned birthday date issue, however. To my recollection, it had something to do with time zone mismatches - so be sure to check that.

On the Mac I ran Lion, on the Bold 9700 OS 6.something

- sent via mobile device.
    Last edited by MKDS; 09-24-12 at 05:03 PM.
    09-24-12 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD