New Link (1.1.1.26 for windows) has 2 WAY SYNC!-linksync.jpgFor those who have been waiting, the Link posted tonight has 2 way sync. Just checked settings. Haven't tested it because I don't use it, but the settings for 2 way sync with Outlook over USB are all there.
    06-05-13 11:54 PM
    For those who have been waiting, the Link posted tonight has 2 way sync. Just checked settings. Haven't tested it because I don't use it, but the settings for 2 way sync with Outlook over USB are all there.
    Sweet! Thanks Jonty!!!
    06-05-13 11:58 PM
    Added bonus... the "reload software" button works again. No more having to soft-brick your phone to get back to factory defaults.
    ESCON likes this.
    06-06-13 12:04 AM
    Here's the link, in case!
    BlackBerry
    06-06-13 01:14 AM
    Has this solved the problem people were having with wired Outlook desktop sync? Anyone try it?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:22 AM
    Has anyone tried syncing with outlook bothways? it was long waited feature since launch of Z10.
    06-06-13 07:48 AM
    Works for my desktop/usb Outlook setup! Yea!

It does not sync Tasks though...
    06-06-13 08:37 AM
    Deleted all contacts/calendar entries from Outlook, Did a one way from device. Contact sync worked fine. Refuses to copy calendar entries into Outlook. It's not a google calendar, it's just a local calendar on BB Z10
    06-06-13 09:46 AM
    I just downloaded Blackberry Link 1.1.1.26 and there is no 2 way sync. I think I need the 10.1 software update on my device. Hope T Mobile offers it soon.
    06-06-13 09:49 AM
    Yes, there is when you click on configure beside contacts or calendar.
    06-06-13 09:51 AM
    Yes, definitely update OS. Let me know if your calendar syncs

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:02 AM
    Still can't do it...
    06-06-13 10:03 AM
    Will do...Waiting on T Mobile
    06-06-13 10:47 AM
    Can it two-way sync over Bluetooth, like the old phones could?
    06-06-13 10:50 AM
    Many thanks for this update!! I will follow this thread and others closely to see what transpires over the next couple of days. I can't pick up my 9810 until after the 18th anyway, so by then any bugs should be known. Again, from all of us Outlook users, Thank You!
    06-06-13 10:50 AM
    Question, I've read on another link that this version of Link (1.1.1.26 Windows) does not play well with BBDM. I don't have a need to install Link for another two weeks (when my upgrade is available for the Q10) but would like to keep BBDM on my PC as well, as I use a 9810 as well.
    I tried installing an earlier version of Link last month to play around with it, and the install hijacked my PC causing multiple problems. As soon as I deleted it, everything was back to normal. Has anyone had a problem with this that they are aware of. Thanks for any info you can shed and thanks to the devs for getting this update up and running!!
    06-06-13 01:24 PM
    Works for my desktop/usb Outlook setup! Yea!

It does not sync Tasks though...
    Hey Saxxman! Hope you are doing well! Do you still have BBDM on your pc as well? If so, are there any issues with them playing well together or problems opening Outlook on your pc after installing Link while still having BBDM on your PC? Thanks!
    06-06-13 03:06 PM
    Hi, I just downloaded the updated BB Link version 1.1.1.26 that has the two way sync capabilities with outlook 7, and I just tried to sync my Z10 to outlook in my computer.....it goes through the motions, but it didn't sync any of my contacts or calendar from my Z10 to Outlook. I have the most up updated Version 10.1.0.273 on my Z10. I am only doing a One Way Sync from Z10 to Outlook on my computer, I didn't want to do a two way as I didn't want any duplication of my contacts. But it is not transferring any new contacts or updating in Outlook, and same goes for the calendar. Am I missing something, or doing something wrong?
    06-06-13 03:17 PM
    Not using bbdm here.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:37 PM
    Well, in my case, the new version of LINK does EXPOSE the 2-way synch feature. I DLd Link, set it up, and I have been pi$$ing around with it for a few hours, and, well, like a previous poster indicated, the calendar will CLEARLY not synch, even though link indicates that it did.

On the contacts side, I am fairly certain that they aren't synching either, but I can't be 100% sure yet.

Here's why I say this:

I set up one way synching between the device and outlook (as has been my habit with legacy devices and DM). I send the synching on its way. I had set up a few "dummy" meetings/calendar entries, on my device, that I would recognize had they synched. They didn't.

On the contacts end, I was expecting the customary MS outlook message that indicates "xxx is attempting to access your contacts... allow for (dropdown menu) 2min, 5min, etc.". That message never popped up.

Now, my device contacts and outlook contacts were last synched via my bold 9780 in early April. I have, admittedly, not ADDED many, if any, contacts to my device since then. Thus, the contacts thing is not verified for me yet. I am going to create a dummy contact on my device that I KNOW is not on my outlook, sync, and see if it pops up in Outlook, and report back.

here are particulars:

Win7x64 Pro
    MS Office 2010 Pro
    I am on a 10.1 leak (see my sig for all that).

I'll report back on the contacts attempt here in a few.

The fact that calendar isn't working at all, is, again, one of those "come on BB, wtf" moments. But, I guess we're all getting used to that now. However, a step in the right direction for sure (not complaining).

Last curiosity: I was expecting LINK to report on the software update. It isn't yet. DLd manually from BB site and installed over the top of the existing link installation.

Everything else in link appears to be working fine. In fact, if I didn't know any better, the backup I did prior to playing with sync appeared to whizz by a little faster than I remember...
    06-06-13 06:14 PM
    OK, contacts are, indeed, synching... calendar entries are NOT....

???
    06-06-13 06:44 PM
    Using bb 10.1 273 and outlook 2010 with multiple profiles and numerous accounts. I try to select one email account, and the sync fails. It simply tells me the sync was unsuccessful. No details. I've tried to sync with the default settings and still no success. New version, new frustrations.
    06-06-13 07:16 PM
    Using bb 10.1 273 and outlook 2010 with multiple profiles and numerous accounts. I try to select one email account, and the sync fails. It simply tells me the sync was unsuccessful. No details. I've tried to sync with the default settings and still no success. New version, new frustrations.
    hmmm... plink around. There is an option that allows you to specify the actual FOLDER to do syncing with on the OL side (from within Link that is)..... Did you look there? Maybe that would help?

Well, this version of syncing certainly seems clunky....at the moment
    06-06-13 07:25 PM
    Well, in my case, the new version of LINK does EXPOSE the 2-way synch feature. I DLd Link, set it up, and I have been pi$$ing around with it for a few hours, and, well, like a previous poster indicated, the calendar will CLEARLY not synch, even though link indicates that it did.

On the contacts side, I am fairly certain that they aren't synching either, but I can't be 100% sure yet.

Here's why I say this:

I set up one way synching between the device and outlook (as has been my habit with legacy devices and DM). I send the synching on its way. I had set up a few "dummy" meetings/calendar entries, on my device, that I would recognize had they synched. They didn't.

On the contacts end, I was expecting the customary MS outlook message that indicates "xxx is attempting to access your contacts... allow for (dropdown menu) 2min, 5min, etc.". That message never popped up.

Now, my device contacts and outlook contacts were last synched via my bold 9780 in early April. I have, admittedly, not ADDED many, if any, contacts to my device since then. Thus, the contacts thing is not verified for me yet. I am going to create a dummy contact on my device that I KNOW is not on my outlook, sync, and see if it pops up in Outlook, and report back.

here are particulars:

Win7x64 Pro
    MS Office 2010 Pro
    I am on a 10.1 leak (see my sig for all that).

I'll report back on the contacts attempt here in a few.

The fact that calendar isn't working at all, is, again, one of those "come on BB, wtf" moments. But, I guess we're all getting used to that now. However, a step in the right direction for sure (not complaining).

Last curiosity: I was expecting LINK to report on the software update. It isn't yet. DLd manually from BB site and installed over the top of the existing link installation.

Everything else in link appears to be working fine. In fact, if I didn't know any better, the backup I did prior to playing with sync appeared to whizz by a little faster than I remember...
    100% same behavior on me.
    Thanks for covering all the cons and pros so elaborately.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:22 PM
    I also deleted one contact from Outlook and it never came back.
    There seems to be something weird with the "conflict handling option" but I am still trying to figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:24 PM
76 123 ...