It's not in Link, it's on the phone.
    OK, well if that's the case it's not syncing anything, it's keeping it separate and just copying it to the device.

As for why to have more than 1 calendar, has nothing to do with "being in more than one place at the same time", many people have multiple calendars for different purposes, ie work calendar, personal calendar, exercise calendar, friend/spouse/kid's calendar, etc.
    06-09-13 01:03 PM
    OK, well if that's the case it's not syncing anything, it's keeping it separate and just copying it to the device.

As for why to have more than 1 calendar, has nothing to do with "being in more than one place at the same time", many people have multiple calendars for different purposes, ie work calendar, personal calendar, exercise calendar, friend/spouse/kid's calendar, etc.
    Which is pointless, because again - you can't be in more than one place at the same time. Maintaining multiple calendars just increases the chance that you'll double-book a time slot.
    06-09-13 01:28 PM
    Which is pointless, because again - you can't be in more than one place at the same time. Maintaining multiple calendars just increases the chance that you'll double-book a time slot.

As we've discovered on many occasions, many people do not share your way of looking at it.
    06-09-13 07:31 PM
    As we've discovered on many occasions, many people do not share your way of looking at it.
    Ok, so you have the phone sync'd with the desktop, Google calendar and Outlook.com.

You set up an appointment in your Google calendar on the phone, but then you go to Outlook.com using your computer and inadvertantly double-book because the Google calendar on the phone hasn't sync'd to Outlook.com.

I'd really like to know what the point of that is. If you can only be in one place at one time, having multiple calendars that don't sync seems like a good way to mix things up.
    06-09-13 09:45 PM
    Ok, so you have the phone sync'd with the desktop, Google calendar and Outlook.com.

You set up an appointment in your Google calendar on the phone, but then you go to Outlook.com using your computer and inadvertantly double-book because the Google calendar on the phone hasn't sync'd to Outlook.com.

I'd really like to know what the point of that is. If you can only be in one place at one time, having multiple calendars that don't sync seems like a good way to mix things up.

Like I said, different people have different ways of looking at it.

I'm not disputing YOUR point, but then again, other people have THEIR reasons too.

Personally I don't use synced calendars at all. I just want someplace to backup the on-device calendar. Historically I have done that on a desktop computer, but I haven't been using the on-device calendar much in recent years anyway so I don't really care much one way or the other.

Right now I can't really use several of the device features until I can get useful notifications from it. At the present time with the limited APIs available and the self-reboot issue (which kills off 3rd-party notification apps which rely on being open in an active frame in order to fire notifications), notifications are broken so I can't rely on features that rely on them. (Like the calendar)

Once Verizon gets off their *ss and releases a firmware update that doesn't have reboot issues, that will start to change. Then I'm just stuck with the lack of custom profiles and 3rd-party notification APIs.
    06-10-13 04:18 AM

Like I said, different people have different ways of looking at it.

I'm not disputing YOUR point, but then again, other people have THEIR reasons too.

Personally I don't use synced calendars at all. I just want someplace to backup the on-device calendar. Historically I have done that on a desktop computer, but I haven't been using the on-device calendar much in recent years anyway so I don't really care much one way or the other.

Right now I can't really use several of the device features until I can get useful notifications from it. At the present time with the limited APIs available and the self-reboot issue (which kills off 3rd-party notification apps which rely on being open in an active frame in order to fire notifications), notifications are broken so I can't rely on features that rely on them. (Like the calendar)

Once Verizon gets off their *ss and releases a firmware update that doesn't have reboot issues, that will start to change. Then I'm just stuck with the lack of custom profiles and 3rd-party notification APIs.
    06-10-13 04:35 AM
    Problem is getting Local calendar on device to copy to Outlook. That is where all my entries are. Dump this stupid bb link calendar.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 06:02 PM
    Problem is getting Local calendar on device to copy to Outlook. That is where all my entries are. Dump this stupid bb link calendar.

Based on what people have written here, my understanding is that that "Link calendar" is in fact the synced Outlook calendar.
    06-10-13 06:17 PM
    Based on what people have written here, my understanding is that that "Link calendar" is in fact the synced Outlook calendar.
    I think he realizes that. What he (and I) would like is a way to sync the "default" local phone calendar with Office Outlook.

On there phone there is:

Home (Local Calendar) (Default)
    BBLink (PC_Name)

If you have several entries in the "Home" calendar, you can't sync that to the desktop. They have to be in the "BBLink" calendar.

There's also no way in the phone to move entries from one calendar to another. You can however make the "BBLink" calendar the default calendar on the phone like I did. Keep in mind however if you use any calendars in the cloud you won't be able to sync "BBLink" calendar entries to the cloud.

Would you like some kibble with your morning newspaper?
    06-10-13 06:46 PM
    Exactly :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 06:51 PM
    It also won't allow me to assign an email address to bb link calendar for invites. I set it and it won't save

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 06:52 PM
    Same issue, cannot associate an email address to the BBLink calendar...why would one create a calendar without the ability to send an invitation?
    06-11-13 09:53 AM
    It also won't allow me to assign an email address to bb link calendar for invites. I set it and it won't sav
    See below

Posted via CB10
    Same issue, cannot associate an email address to the BBLink calendar...why would one create a calendar without the ability to send an invitation?
    On the other side of the problem, if you receive an invitation via Outlook Calendar (from someone else) and you "accept" in the email reply, will it automatically save to the BBLink Calendar? Or any calendar? That could be an issue especially if you are doing a lot of conference calls like I do from my 9810 using Blackberry Conferencing. BTW, is that available for the BB10 OS?
    06-18-13 06:55 PM
    On the other side of the problem, if you receive an invitation via Outlook Calendar (from someone else) and you "accept" in the email reply, will it automatically save to the BBLink Calendar? Or any calendar? That could be an issue especially if you are doing a lot of conference calls like I do from my 9810 using Blackberry Conferencing. BTW, is that available for the BB10 OS?
    BlackBerry conferencing is now built into BB10. No separate app. "Join" button automagically shows up when there is conference info in an invitation.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:48 PM
    It will save to default calendar. If you save to bb link calendar, you won't be able to send receipt. Bottom line, it's broken.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 09:06 AM
    BlackBerry conferencing is now built into BB10. No separate app. "Join" button automagically shows up when there is conference info in an invitation.

Posted via CB10
    That is cool! great app for on the go people that do a lot of conference calls.

It will save to default calendar. If you save to bb link calendar, you won't be able to send receipt. Bottom line, it's broken.

Posted via CB10
    That does Suck! So you have to accept on the default cable and then-save it to the BBlink Calendar? Correct? There has got to be some dev out there that can simply write the code to 2-way sync from Outlook to the native calendar and contact list. My God, if iOS and Android and BB Legacy OSs could do it, how hard can it be to copy it over. I know there are some cloud systems like Companion Link that do it, but it just can't be that hard without a 3rd party app. I have no need for more than one calendar so the Link calendar would have to be it I guess.
    One additional question: If an invitation is accepted on the native calendar app and then saved to the Link Calendar will it remain on your PC/Outlook 2007 calendar once it is done. I need the sync ability (as I know most of you do) for my business and this is a major concern to me. Is navigation back and forth beween link calendars and the native one easy to do. Hard for me to understand completely as I haven't had a chance to work with this yet--thanks!
    06-19-13 05:01 PM
    That's the problem, BlackBerry Link will only sync the bb link calendar with outlook. If you use bb link calendar on device, you can't assign an email address, therfore you can't send an acknowledgement to the organizer.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 05:18 PM
    That's the problem, BlackBerry Link will only sync the bb link calendar with outlook. If you use bb link calendar on device, you can't assign an email address, therfore you can't send an acknowledgement to the organizer.

Posted via CB10
    Damn, that is an issue! Perhaps the Companion Link is better afterall. Honestly because of this sync issue, which I like a lot of you, absolutely need, and the perks of Outlook like calendar invites, I'm kind of down about my upcoming purchase tomorrow at the local AT&T store. Kind of thinking it may not be for me afterall, though I sure want it and all that it has to offer. Wonder if there is any word on this particular issue from BB or Devs as to a possible solution. For instance, as I am typing this on my pc, I just got an invitation to a conference call next week that I will "accept" on my 9810. If I can't do that anymore, Its a real problem for me at least.
    PS: I'm going to start a new thread to see if there are any devs out there that have any ideas on this issue.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 06-20-13 at 02:55 PM.
    06-20-13 02:42 PM
    My Z10 won't sync at all...very disappointing. I have all the upgrades and latest available. Very disappointing!

OK...spent another hour on the phone with BB technical and they think something within my contact pictures is not allowing the device to sync. I have no idea what they are talking about but will try talking to Blackberry one more time tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bfalcon1; 06-25-13 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Update
    06-25-13 04:15 PM
    Have you had any luck getting more information from BlackBerry yet? Also, do you know if anyone "out there" has ever had BB Link do a 2-way sync flawlessly with Microsoft Outlook (not cloud) desktop using the Z10-Q10? Thanks again!
    06-27-13 09:05 PM
    My contacts work fine, but seeing my BlackBerry Link Calendar is empty, couldn't comment.

Posted via CB10
    tidgejan likes this.
    06-28-13 03:00 PM
    Contacts don't sync now either unless they are BlackBerry Link contacts. This is whacked out

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:06 AM
    I just couldn't wait for this Blackberry Link to work properly as my current Curve needed to be replaced, so I ended up buying a new Bold 9900 (instead of Q10). The Bold works perfect and I have no stress now! Just need to have the Q10 do 2-way sync with Microsoft Outlook on Windows 8 via USB (no cloud service wanted) before I even consider upgrading again.
    07-07-13 04:35 PM
    Added bonus... the "reload software" button works again. No more having to soft-brick your phone to get back to factory defaults.

I still had to soft brick so its still broken.
    07-08-13 08:26 AM
    Have you had any luck getting more information from BlackBerry yet? Also, do you know if anyone "out there" has ever had BB Link do a 2-way sync flawlessly with Microsoft Outlook (not cloud) desktop using the Z10-Q10? Thanks again!
    Contacts syncing has been a constant issue. I can't speak for the Z10 but Link version .26 and .32 both sync flawlessly on my Q10 with Microsoft Outlook 2007 both ways (2-way sync). You have to have 10.1 OS on your PC and the current Link software but once you do, you check the sync boxes that you want to sync (calendar and contact) and configure them (device to PC; PC to Device; both ways) and click on sync.

That said you may have duplicate contacts and calendars depending on how may "sources" of contacts and calendars you have "turned on"--i.e. BBM; Outlook, Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, Outlook.com, etc. If you do experience duplicates or even triplicates on your contacts, open up your contacts, pull down the menu gear on top and touch the "Settings" option--turn all contact sources on, click on the top contact that has duplicates (they will show one under the other) and on menu, hightlight all duplicates and and link together. Here is a link with instructions for linking the duplicates if it is a problem as well. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-824377/

Not sure this is of any help to you all, but just in case I wanted to post it, as many threads/posts have noted this to be the exact problem causing the contacts to not sync both ways or at all. Good Luck!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 07-08-13 at 03:51 PM. Reason: typos
    07-08-13 03:44 PM
76 1234