Yes, I specified the actual folder I wanted to sync. I even went as far as doing a clean reinstall and trying to just sync the folder that bb link suggested by default. In both cases, the end result was an error message that provided no detail to the cause of the problem.

hmmm... plink around. There is an option that allows you to specify the actual FOLDER to do syncing with on the OL side (from within Link that is)..... Did you look there? Maybe that would help?

Well, this version of syncing certainly seems clunky....at the moment

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:52 PM
    Installed today and the calendar synch worked perfectly, although it did set up another account but I just deleted the other (older) accounts and everything synchs just fine on the new BBLink account.

Contacts were a little more problematic. It produced some duplicates but I switched off the BBLink account and then deleted the duplicates and now everything works just fine.
    06-07-13 11:03 AM
    I also deleted one contact from Outlook and it never came back.
    There seems to be something weird with the "conflict handling option" but I am still trying to figure it out.

Posted via CB10
    Solution: delete the contact from the phone and sync. Then add the contact to the phone and done.
    Everything now is working flawlessly.
    The calendar does not sync.
    I will try the same approach later and will report back.
    Settings: 2way sync, on conflicts device wins.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 02:29 PM
    Am I understanding correctly that you need 10.1 on a Z10 in order do 2 way sync to work with Outlook 2010? 10.0 won't work?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:22 PM
    I'm going to offer some advice for those having Link installation problems.
    When I upgrade Link (and when I updated BBDM), I completely uninstalled the old version, then I would run Ccleaner (both the cleaner and the registry cleaner) and then I would restart my computer and install the new version. I don't know if it will help everyone, but I have had zero problems with installs.
    06-07-13 05:19 PM
    Finally!!! A solid BLink. Here's what I have working so far - I'm on a hybrid OS 2354/1917 radio file.

New Link (1.1.1.26 for windows) has 2 WAY SYNC!-img_00000153.png

(switching to desktop...)

Link is closed, and I still have access - running in the background on Win8

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails New Link (1.1.1.26 for windows) has 2 WAY SYNC!-screenshot-8-.jpg  
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 06-07-13 at 06:48 PM. Reason: switched to desktop...
    06-07-13 06:43 PM
    Calendar sync with Outlook isn't working for me.

I also noticed there's no manual conflict resolution in Link - it's either device priority or desktop priority. My 9800 let me decide each time it ran into a conflict.

The Remote File Access also still does not work.

Should have bought a 9810 when I had the chance...
    06-08-13 02:31 PM
    Unfortunately, I still only have device software version 10.0.9.422. Until I get the OS update, I cannot try it. At least it appears that is some movement in the right direction. We shall see.
    06-08-13 11:06 PM
    Seems very hit and miss for me too.

Calendar did sync across from Outlook, but the left duplicates (appointments already on phone received via invites). I was hoping it would leave me with one up to date working calendar.

Am now trying a different sync (one way) and it fails every time. Bit of an issue as it takes 20 minutes for each sync to then tell me it's failed. (DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB).

With regards to the contacts, it didn't resolve any conflicts and left me with multiple copies of the same contact. Too many for even ContactX to sort!
    06-09-13 02:23 AM
    With regards to the contacts, it didn't resolve any conflicts and left me with multiple copies of the same contact. Too many for even ContactX to sort!
    Interesting. I created a test contact in Outlook with a phone number of 1234567890. It sync'd to the phone OK.
    I changed the phone number in the phone to 0987654321. It updated the contact in Outlook. Great.
    I changed the phone number in Outlook and on the phone so that the records were different from eachother and different from previous numbers. The sync ignored the conflict and didn't give me an option to choose which one I wanted to apply.

I then deleted the contact from my phone and sync'd again. The sync stopped and wouldn't proceed unless I OK'd the deletion of the contact from Outlook. There was no way to skip it and proceed with syncing more records.

And of course the calendar didn't sync at all.

Nice going, BB. This is what happens when you abandon the tried, tested and true BIS and proper desktop sync. It turns into a puppy's breakfast with the vast number of poorly and haphazardly implemented sync technologies.
    bmwbarrister likes this.
    06-09-13 02:37 AM
    You need to be aware that the Synch sets up new accounts called 'BBLInk' for both calendar and contacts and hence why you will get duplicates.

I 1st thought it would synch with the 'Home' calendar but it didn't. If you turn off your other accounts you will note that you then only have one set of entries. I have now turned off or deleted the accounts and no longer have any issues (yet).
    06-09-13 03:14 AM
    Added bonus... the "reload software" button works again. No more having to soft-brick your phone to get back to factory defaults.
    Soft brick??

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:41 AM
    Only if you have 10.1.xx firmware installed in your device, and most people in the USA are not privileged enough to receive the updated OS, WTF BB like my Z10 but can not stand the way BB is bring out updates, for me I am constantly adding new contacts either to my phone or Outlook and have had nothing but trouble with trying to get a clean sync with BB for such a long time

Do other platforms have such headaches?
    06-09-13 07:51 AM
    Calendar syncs as long as you choose the calendar item to be a bblink item.
    The problem is that we cannot edit an item and change the calendar origin from "local" to "bblink".

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:40 AM
    Nice going, BB. This is what happens when you abandon the tried, tested and true BIS and proper desktop sync. It turns into a puppy's breakfast with the vast number of poorly and haphazardly implemented sync technologies.

Gawd you are tedious and predictable.

The version of Outlook you are using (last I checked, 2003) is not supported by Link.

And since Windows XP does not support IPv6, the remote file access probably won't work either since IIRC that requires IPv6.
    06-09-13 11:07 AM
    I think the only way around this is to start using BB Link Calendar as default which sucks if you already have a bunch of recurring items in your local calendar

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:22 PM
    Not able to assign email address to BB Link Calendar which is associated with computer, so can't use BB Link as calendar

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:31 PM
    Not able to assign email address to BB Link Calendar which is associated with computer, so can't use BB Link as calendar
    At first I was going to call you out for saying there's a BB Link calendar, but then I checked and there is in fact a BB Link calendar. Why on earth someone needs two calendars I don't know. I can only be in one place at one time.
    06-09-13 12:38 PM

What do you mean "BB Link as a calendar"?

There is no "calendar" on Blackbery Link.

You mean using the Blackberry 10 on-handheld-device calendar as the "default" calendar, I assume, right?
    06-09-13 12:38 PM
    And since Windows XP does not support IPv6, the remote file access probably won't work either since IIRC that requires IPv6.
    Good to know, good thing I'm using Windows 7... or is that not good enough for you? Should I step up to Windows 8?
    06-09-13 12:39 PM
    At first I was going to call you out for saying there's a BB Link calendar, but then I checked and there is in fact a BB Link calendar. Why on earth someone needs two calendars I don't know. I can only be in one place at one time.

This must have been added to the version with the two-way sync, because I certainly don't see it on my (older) version of Link.
    06-09-13 12:39 PM
    What do you mean "BB Link as a calendar"?

There is no "calendar" on Blackbery Link.

You mean using the Blackberry 10 on-handheld-device calendar as the "default" calendar, I assume, right?
    From my quick look, BB Link doesn't sync Outlook to the default calendar, it syncs it to a "BB Link" Calendar. Open the calendar on the phone, swipe down from the top, tap "Manage" and you'll see that there's a different calendar for "BBLink"
    06-09-13 12:40 PM
    This must have been added to the version with the two-way sync, because I certainly don't see it on my (older) version of Link.
    It's not in Link, it's on the phone.
    06-09-13 12:41 PM
    Now its time to update the Mess they call Link on OS X
    06-09-13 12:42 PM
    Omnitech - you'll be happy to know Outlook 2003 works! Wow!

Contact syncing works
    Calendar syncing works

The implementation is pathetic. Link doesn't provide any manual conflict resolution.

Outlook calendar entries are sync'd to the phone - to the BBLink calendar. You have to make sure that the default calendar shows the BBLink calendar entries.

If you add something to the phone's "default" calendar it will not sync back to Outlook. If you add it to the phone's "BBLink" calendar, it will.

So you have to be mindful of where you create appointments. If you're in a rush and add something to the "wrong" calendar, it won't sync back to the desktop. This is also true if you're using hosted calendars such as Hotmail, Outlook.com, or Gmail. This is a consideration, especially if you're BlackBerry's target customer, the hyper-connected, always on the go and usually in a fluster to add stuff to your phone as you rush to catch your next connection so you don't miss giving that presentation at the big social media convention.

Still a puppy's breakfast.
    06-09-13 12:56 PM
76 1234