Credit to 0mie in a twitter post, 5.0.1.28 update for DM. Can anyone else confirm?

Confirmed it myself, it just downloaded
    Last edited by yomonk1; 11-25-09 at 10:02 PM.
    11-25-09 09:58 PM
    I have also downloaded this update. Gonna reboot to check it out real quick.
    11-25-09 11:52 PM
    I was finally able to update my OS with this update of DM last night. For the past few days, my DM would keep on shutting down when I plugged in my BB to it.
    11-26-09 06:35 AM
    Downloaded the new update and see we now have "DESKTOP REDIRECTOR".
    Also E-mail Settings is new.
    11-26-09 12:17 PM
    Downloading just now, hope it detects beta OS installed and updated software...
    11-26-09 02:49 PM
    Whats this email thing? It wont let me do ANYTHING with the email settins and says not connected to server.
    11-26-09 08:40 PM
    Downloaded the new update and see we now have "DESKTOP REDIRECTOR".
    Also E-mail Settings is new.
    Where do you see "desktop redirector"? Also, in the lower left hand corner my status server is down. Anyone elses?
    11-26-09 09:10 PM
    Whats this email thing? It wont let me do ANYTHING with the email settins and says not connected to server.
    I can't do anything with this option either. My DM says same as you. Anyone have any thoughts as how we can use email settings feature?
    11-26-09 09:36 PM
    If you're using Wxp, it comes up when you go to Start, Programs, Blackberry...

The E-mail settings is new to me too, so I think it applies to certain devices. Mine opens for a Storm and describes how to add signatures, use other e-mail accounts, etc...
    11-26-09 11:49 PM
    I'm using Windows Vista. Does that make a diff.?
    11-26-09 11:57 PM
    If you're using Wxp, it comes up when you go to Start, Programs, Blackberry...

The E-mail settings is new to me too, so I think it applies to certain devices. Mine opens for a Storm and describes how to add signatures, use other e-mail accounts, etc...
    Its on my desk top running xp, Where does it describe how to add signatures, use other e-mail accounts, etc...All it says for me when clicking it is that I need a connection to the server, What server?
    11-27-09 01:36 AM
    Wow I cant believe not one other person has any info about this issue..

Whats this email thing? It wont let me do ANYTHING with the email settings and says not connected to server. What server?
    11-27-09 11:01 AM
    I dont see any email settings or DESKTOP REDIRECTOR in my DM 5.0.1 28. How to find it?
    11-27-09 11:05 AM
    I ran the 5.0.1.28 DM update and attached my Storm and was prompted for a profile. I didn't recall seeing that before so I selected the default "Outlook" profile. And that promptly killed my BES activation. Had to get re-activated at work today. I think going forward, I will just cancel that prompt.
    11-27-09 11:37 AM
    When the bb is hooked up server status says not connected and email settings stays dim and not clickable..

11-27-09 11:40 AM
    Yeah, ditto. Trying to connect to email settings and I'm locked out. Odd. Ran a diagnostic test and my Vzw email "not connected", but my Blk. Bry one is? Could this have something to do w/ it?
    11-27-09 12:04 PM
    Why does RIM almost always provide software updates that are dogs?

I connected my Storm 2, and when I click Synchronize, I always get an "Unknown Error Reported" in a pop-up window that says Intellisync on the top left. Do they even test these?
    11-27-09 02:11 PM
    Why does RIM almost always provide software updates that are dogs?

I connected my Storm 2, and when I click Synchronize, I always get an "Unknown Error Reported" in a pop-up window that says Intellisync on the top left. Do they even test these?

Did you delete and reconfig your sync settings?

And as to the main topic here, what happens when you click on email settings?
    11-27-09 02:29 PM
    Did you delete and reconfig your sync settings?

And as to the main topic here, what happens when you click on email settings?
    I can't even reconfig my sync settings because it also started giving me this Unknown Error. I just ended up reinstalling DTM by downloading from BB's website, but after the download, the new E-mail Settings is no longer on the screen. Checking the version using Help, About, it shows I have 5.0.1.28. The download from BB was dated 11/23.
    11-27-09 02:53 PM
    here is what I have to work with.
    Sorry about the paste.
    11-27-09 03:53 PM
    here it is.
    11-27-09 04:01 PM
    So sick and tired of this with BBs...I can never update because of this so called "update bug". What the ****. I've downloaded the latest DM and everytime I connect it to my PC it says new updates available. Shouldn't RIM be doing something about this??? Screw you gala events, screw your new hardware, DM is a pivotal column for your devices. Fix IT!@
    11-27-09 04:22 PM
    So sick and tired of this with BBs...I can never update because of this so called "update bug". What the ****. I've downloaded the latest DM and everytime I connect it to my PC it says new updates available. Shouldn't RIM be doing something about this??? Screw you gala events, screw your new hardware, DM is a pivotal column for your devices. Fix IT!@
    Have you called bb tech support? What did they say?

My question is who is able to connect to the email settings?
    11-27-09 06:47 PM
    Anyone get the Can't read Application Data error? I got this right after the update and now I can't get it to work right. Any suggestions?
    11-27-09 09:23 PM
    I can't get the synchronization started with this version.

Error message:
    Your computer must be connected to the Internet to perform this operation.
    Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet and try again.

Man, my laptop IS connected to the Internet!!!
    I keep retrying & restarting, but it doesn't work.

I think I'll go back down to 4.6... :-(
    11-28-09 12:06 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD