I have the same problem that is all over the forums, web, etc. with synchronization hanging with my BB.

One of the more recent threads (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ssue/td-p/3553...) had all the standard answers, reinstall software, pull battery, upgrade firmware, etc. None of these work for any long period.

None of them work. Well, okay, maybe the first or second time. But don't sync for a few days and then try it and I'm back to the same problem. Then I have to pull the battery, wait 10 minutes for the phone to come back up and then sync and then it will work. Maybe. I've even had it fail between sync operations that were within 10 minutes of each other with the phone never be disconnected or used in any other fashion. This is completely unacceptable.

Can someone from BlackBerry please, please, please address this problem once and for all. None of the workaround solutions work for any length of time. It didn't even out of the box which is when mine first failed after a first time install of everything. I mean every time I try to sync I have to start, fail, pull battery and hope for the best.

What is going on here? Last time I saw problems like this were on a Palm III.

Hopefully someone from BB is monitoring and will chime in.

For the record, I have a Tour (4.1.0.40 platform), on Windows XP-SP2 and Office 2007 (both fully patched) and Desktop Manager 5.0.1.

Thanks in advance and thanks for listening.
    12-30-09 09:44 PM
    I have been thru the same bulls**t and have just about had it with Blackberry. I have wasted thousands of doillars of my own professional time trying to solve this crap -- I should have stayed with the old platform but did the recommended upgrade to the 5.0 and voila -- hours of wasted time, aborted synchs, yada, yada. Becoming all too typical of RIM solutions -- "please waste more of your own time on our ill fitting technology".
    03-09-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD