I need your help. Tonight is the FIRST EVER time I have set up and connected desktop manager. The reason I'm doing it is because tomorrow I am taking my Bold into the ATT store to be replaced, due to the track ball being non functional. All my contacts are on my BB and not saved to the SIM card. The customer service guys at ATT said to download the DM and sync my phone to it and it would save them. I did that, and when I look at the file it created with all of my info, I do not see anything that resembles my contacts. How do I make absolute sure that my contacts have been saved so I can resync the new phone to my DM and transfer it all. I don't care about the pics, files or ringtones because they can be replaced, but the contacts is a big, big deal.

Thanks so much
    01-09-10 12:28 AM
    Connect to the Desktop Manager and backup your blackberry. It will create a backup file (which contains all information currently stored on your blackberry) that you can restore onto your replacement blackberry. Save the backup somewhere you will remember, like to your desktop. When you receive your replacement blackberry, connect it to your computer. Your computer will load drivers for your replacement blackberry. Once it finishes loading the drivers, open the Desktop Manager and click on restore and restore your backup file to your replacement blackberry. Your contacts are included in the information being restored to your blackberry.
    01-09-10 12:36 AM
    Okay, I've already restored and saved the file to a folder in my desktop. Even though I can't for sure see that the contacts are saved in that folder, you are saying they are there, correct??
    01-09-10 12:39 AM
    Yes, I've done it about a thousand times. The contacts are included in the backup file.
    01-09-10 12:41 AM
    Okay, I assumed they were, but when I couldn't see them, it scared me. Thanks so much
    01-09-10 12:42 AM
    If you connect your BB to Desktop Manager, click on Backup and Restore, then click on Advanced. On the right side of DM you will see the information that is in the backup file.
    01-09-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD