Newbie here...first BB also. I would like to put a compose SMS text icon on my desktop.....i looked on internet at various places and found where you toggle your sms email to separate...that was already done by verizon....however it didn't create an icon for SMS on desktop....i have one for messages and the other for my gmail email. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-02-09 07:59 PM
    If they are set separate, the SMS messages will go into your Messages folder, and emails into each respective email folder.

There isn't a separate folder JUST for SMS messages, though, that I know of.
    08-02-09 08:03 PM
    There should be a folder that says "SMS" already on your desktop...
    08-02-09 08:05 PM
    Thanks for your reply danoh. However, what I would like is a shortcut icon on my desktop to initiate a text message, not a folder where I can find my text messages at. Thanks again.
    08-02-09 08:06 PM
    Ohhhh. I don't think you can do that.
    08-02-09 08:06 PM
    QuickLaunch lets you initiate an SMS either from its launcher menu or from a custom shortcut key but like Aetius said, I don't think there's a way to initiate an SMS from the desktop directly via a shortcut icon.
    08-02-09 08:20 PM
    Thanks you guys....I was afraid of that....I might check into some application I can download which would give me some extra abilities I currently don't have.
    08-02-09 08:33 PM
    Quicklaunch is highly recommended. Not just for your SMS situation, but you'll love it for other stuff as well!
    08-02-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD