I have had a problem with the DTM Media sync, where checking the "All Music" box and enabling "Random Music", Sync will only copy about 5GB of music. This happens with both an 8GB card and a 32GB card.

In Device options > Media, I have Windows Media Player selected as the library source.
    Media is stored on Media card (32GB). I have keep 0GB free, though I have tried changing this (used to be 1GB)
    I currently use DTM 7, but I recently upgraded from 6.1 with no effect.

How can I fix this so that the full amount (or almost all) of free space is filled via Music Sync?
    06-14-12 04:46 PM
    Don't know if this will work but when I had a similar thing happen with WMP, I switched to iTunes as my library source and it then worked perfectly. I don't use it much as I downloaded about 400 songs and that was it. They are stored on my media card like yours and honestly, I've added some songs by just dragging them over from another file to my card. Thats not supposed to be a good way to do it, but it works. Even with iTunes, I had to be careful what was checked and what was not to make sure it copied correctly. Good luck and let us know if help you. BTW, I was using 7.0 OS when I did this. I have upgraded to 7.1.378 and haven't synced the media since then as I haven't added any music.
    06-14-12 08:18 PM
    I don't have iTunes even installed, and frankly, would like to keep the iCrap off my PC. I have 200GB+ of music and I want to be able to random fill the sd card every week or so. I know drag+drop works, but its not a random fill.

what was the issue you had previously?
    06-14-12 09:40 PM
    WMP simply didn't play nice with the media sync. At first I never used Media sync--just did the drop and drag deal (not as many songs as you so not that hard) and it workd great. At one time I had around 4GB of songs and just drug them over and it worked fine but never played most of them. Then one day I decided to try the media sync and it started syncing everything I had ever kept in my WMP library, videos, clips, music, downloads, youtube, etc. and promptly froze the phone. I tried to uncheck stuff, delete stuff, etc but it never worked. So I went on here asking for help. Someone told me that there were a lot of problems syncing with WMP and that drop and drag wasn't a good way to do it, but that I could down load iTunes (I hate them too) and copy the songs from my music folder on PC to iTunes and that BB would sync easily with no issues. I did it begrudgingly and it in fact did work smoothly. I haven't re-synced since being on 7.1 (fear) but have added some tracks via the drag and drop method and they work fine. I'll search my archives for the posts regarding this for you and post them as soon as I can. I don't use any Apple product but the iTunes works and does what I need it to do, so I bit the bullet and all is good. I recommend you give it a try. Just download it--copy songs to it--then change the "media sync options" to iTunes instead of WMP and give it a try. You have nothing to lose really. I'll post the other threads as soon as I find them for you. Good luck!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 06-15-12 at 02:00 PM.
    06-15-12 01:58 PM
    PS: After reading the old thread, what started it was the duplicates that WMP was putting on the phone and PC. See my old thread on it and the remarks from some very smart people on here. Please read all of it (2 pages). Good Luck!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-694127/
    06-15-12 02:08 PM
    After trying iTunes, it is doing the same thing, 934 files occupying 5.7gb. Card has 23gb free.
    07-08-12 12:45 PM
    still unresolved
    10-19-12 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD