Hi

I have searched forums and found similar issues but not exact with a solution.

I have 2 emails setup on my BlackBerry 9700 running 5.0.0.442. One email is a Hotmail address that I use to setup personal appointments etc the other email is a work email that I use to setup work meetings and related appointments etc. I also have a Facebook calendar that syncs with my Facebook events.

They all work very well on the BlackBerry calendar, all colour coded etc. However, I have to set a default email and I have made it my Hotmail email calendar. When I sync with Outlook 2007 my calendar only shows this Hotmail calendar and not my work email calendar or Facebook calendar. I understand there are ways you can merge all calendars into the default base calendar, however, I do not want to do this as I want them separate. I would like to view them on Outlook 2007 as all separate and even colour coded if possible. I haven't seen a way to do this as yet. Is it possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    06-16-10 09:56 PM
    I fiddled around trying to do something similar without success, good luck! I think it comes down to the BB native calendar not doing the multi-layer thing well.
    I was impressed with Palm's Web OS native calendar, it's multi-layered and integrates with social apps, like Facebook, with OTA updating (but, maybe that's one of the reasons why battery life sucks on that platform). I think RIM needs to update the native calendar to easily do multi-layers and be able to do OTA updating from different sources (and be able to set the refresh rate to help with battery life). Maybe we'll get a better calendar with OS 6.
    06-18-10 04:14 AM
    I'm not an Office "power user" so I'll try to help, but not sure if it'll fix your issue. I had a similar issue, but I wanted to delete duplicate calendars. Anyways...

I'm not sure how you have your Outlook setup, but I have my window condensed. I'm using 2010, but it should be about the same. When I hit the calendar icon on the bottom left and switch to the actual calendar window, I have to hit "Folders" on the left to open up the directory tree. This is where you can check what shows (in those different colored tabs). I believe the default outlook calendar file is "Calendar".

If you hit the Folder tab on the top, this is where you can create new calendars, etc. If you want to import a calendar, you should be able to do this by hitting the File tab above and going into the Open option. There's options there then to Import or Open Calendar files which should make them available on the Folders tab on left under the "My Calendars" directory.

Hope that helps a little...
    06-18-10 03:13 PM
    I can help you with this as I have had the same dilemma myself, but the news is not good.

The calendar used for ALL synchronisation on the BB is specified in 'Options', 'Advanced', 'Default services'.

To compeltely have two distinct calendars you will need to change this setting each time to the required option before you synchroise.

Personally, I thought I'd forget to do this and ended up with both my personal and work calendars synchronised into two places. All I have to remember to do with this method is to set all my personal items as 'private' - it does mean that all my appointemnts are in both calendars, but only I can see the private items.

It would be great if RIM could allow the specification of a device calendar to synchroise with in BDM 6!

Hope this helps!
    06-21-10 07:08 AM
    samo8906, does your Facebook calendar JUST sync with the Facebook app on your device? or have you got it syncing one of the native BB calendar layers? If so, does Facebook suck all of the calendar entries from all of your calendars?
    06-22-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD