Can multiple OS be installed on the the DM pc so that desktop manager would display choice of OS to load? Instructions Ive read have advised removal of previous OS when installing new ones.
    Thanks
    02-26-10 09:56 AM
    I have always only had one OS installed at a time. I have read that only one should be on pc at a time
    02-26-10 10:18 AM
    As long as the devices are different, you can have a OS installed for each of them.
    02-26-10 10:25 AM
    You can have as many OSs for as many devices as you wish installed on your PC.
    DM will recognize the most current one for each device. If you want it to
    see a specific one (older than the one on your phone) you need to remove the
    ones more recent than that one.

On my PC I have 3 different OSs for the 8100, 2 for the 8310, 2 for the 8320,
    3 for the Bold 9000 and 3 for the 8900 and have zero conflicts.
    02-26-10 02:11 PM
    One important addendum to AG's post: be sure you have the downloaded .exe file before you uninstall any older OS versions you may have installed. Carriers typically only host the latest official release on their site. If you find later you want to roll back to an earlier OS, it can be nearly impossible to find if you don't have the .exe file.
    02-26-10 03:40 PM
    One important addendum to AG's post: be sure you have the downloaded .exe file before you uninstall any older OS versions you may have installed. Carriers typically only host the latest official release on their site. If you find later you want to roll back to an earlier OS, it can be nearly impossible to find if you don't have the .exe file.
    Very good point, Jeff.
    02-26-10 03:43 PM
    Excellent point Jeff. I should have mentioned that but glad you followed through
    02-26-10 04:16 PM
    I've got gigs of harddrive room and what I've taken to doing to just moving the folder the the "soon to be last" OS to another location and then install the new OS I now want to install. That way I've got the OS all rolled out and ready to install by moving folders around once again. This can be helpful in this day and age when hybrids are not as easy to replicate from older, newer, mixed OS releases.
    02-26-10 04:20 PM
    I always make that point because a lot of the guides recommend you remove older OS versions. Sometimes an upgrade isn't a net improvement and having the previous OS available is important.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD