Hey everyone!

I JUST downloaded the v6 of the Desktop Manager and noticed that there's a Mobile Internet option. I clicked on it, chose my provider (Telus CDMA but did not enter any additional info) and I'm automatically connected to the internet on my laptop! I'm actually pretty scared at the moment because I'm not sure if Telus will actually charge me for the usage done on my laptop. Reason I'm scared is that on the home screen of the desktop manager shows my cell #! Will Telus be able to find out that I'm actually tethering?? I've used Tether before (trial only) and I'm in need of it again for just a day. So I would need to know if I will be charged for tethering through desktop manager's Mobile Internet option. Thanks and I hope I can get an answer as soon as possible!

Thanks again.
    09-06-10 12:23 AM
    i was told by telus a couple of weeks ago that tethering is separate and you need to have it added on to your acct. I got the tether app a week ago and im hoping not to be charged that way. anyone know if the tether app that was "deal of the day" 1 week ago will bypass me getting dinged by Telus?
    09-06-10 10:44 AM
    I am not a technical wizard by any stretch of the word, however I do believe that you can tether your BlackBerry with the Tether software and not incurr carrier charges. Just search around on the internet and you should be able to find an explanation of the process.

Hope this helps.
    09-20-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD