If you already have Outlook 2010 installed:

Uninstall BB DM - Reboot
    Uninstall Office 2010 - Reboot
    Remove all of the files / directories / registry entries

Install Outlook 2007 (or earlier) and configure
    Install BB DM and configure - Reboot
    Sync a couple of times

Upgrade to Office 2010.

CCleaner is a good utility to uninstall programs and clean the registry.
    You don't need to uninstall Desktop Manager or 2010... It's been a while since I've installed 2010, but if I remember correctly Office 2007 holds the Outlook PST files in a different directory. I think the reason 2010 can't sync is because those directories and/or some files don't exist.

Anyways... If you leave 2010 in place, just install 2007 and run Outlook 2007 once...those files and directories will be setup so Desktop Manager can see them. Afterwards, just uninstall 2007 and that's it! ...no need to do the extra steps.
    Last edited by PynkFloydd; 06-16-10 at 01:40 PM.
    06-16-10 01:05 PM
    I don't sync my BB with Outlook very often, but I tried the other day after I replaced Office 2007 with Office 2010 x64.

First let me say that I love Office 2010 x64. It's at least three times as fast as Office 2007. And the ribbon has been extended to all applications including Outlook. I am having a ball with Office 2010.

Second, I haven't used Outlook connector in a long time. I dropped all my @hotmail and @msn accounts are converted to pop3 @live accounts and uninstalled Outlook Connector forever. No extra software. Anyway, blackberry does not use Outlook Connector to connect to Outlook - it never did. Blackberry has it's own version of connector.

So OK when I saw that BB Desktop Manager 5.01 could not see Outlook 2010 I opened a case with Blackberry. Apparently the Desktop Manager does need an update to recognize Outlook 2010, and RIM does not have it yet. I got a run-around from RIM tech support when I inquired about the expected date.

I'm particularly angry with RIM right now because they knew this was coming. Microsoft gives out early versions of products like this so that vendors can test and upgrade before the release. There is absolutely not excuse for there not being at least a beta version of the DM to handle Outlook 2010 by now.

So my suggestion is let's all badmouth RIM on Youtube and blogs until they get their act together. If someone on the RIM staff lost his brains in the phone wars, they should replace him and get moving.
    06-17-10 07:31 AM
    By the way, I am skeptical that reinstalling Office 2007 then uninstalling it will work. And even it it does, RIM will not support that kludge. RIM does not depend on Office connectors; RIM has it's own software to connect to the PST files. If those files have been upgraded to work with Outlook 2010, they will not be backward compatible with Office 2007 pst files.
    06-17-10 08:01 AM
    And by the way, Office 2010 x64 and Office 2007 are incompatible. Office 2007 must be completely uninstalled in order to install Office 2010 x64. If you reinstall Office 2007 x32, then you may corrupt Office and you'll have worse problems.
    06-17-10 08:12 AM
    I am having the same problems. I am ready to switch to iPhone. I purchased my Storm 1 well after it was released only to find none of my Bluetooth devices worked. It was the third leaked OS that finally worked. When I upgraded to OS 5 again none of my Bluetooth divices worked. I found another leaked OS 5 on this forum that fixed the bluetooth problems. NOW I cant sync my BlackBerry. It appears that RIM is being run over and left in the dust!!
    06-18-10 07:31 AM
    Pressure keeps building up!! Another week, another seven days without RIM releasing a patch for this!!

I am using the workaround that has been stated several times in this thread... but I�m tired of not been able to modify the synch�s settings!
    I cannot believe this!!

I don�t really care if Nokia purchased the company that develops DM for RIM. By now this should have been solved!
    I have read posts in other sites where whole companies (that rely on their BB synching with Outlook) have migrated to Office 2010 and are having some MAJOR problems with this issue..
    Come on RIM, do something about this.....
    06-18-10 02:08 PM
    By the way, I am skeptical that reinstalling Office 2007 then uninstalling it will work. And even it it does, RIM will not support that kludge. RIM does not depend on Office connectors; RIM has it's own software to connect to the PST files. If those files have been upgraded to work with Outlook 2010, they will not be backward compatible with Office 2007 pst files.
    I pointed out a few posts ago that x64 Outlook will (most likely) not be compatible even while using the work-around. ...especially since there was no x64 Office 2007. This is just my experience from using a 64-bit environment since the Windows Vista beta releases. I have a clean install of Windows 7 x64 with Office 2010 x32 and did the install/uninstall work-around and can 100% confirm that this works (both with the beta Office 2010 and RTM Office 2010). I solely use the RTM Office 2010 now and can sync just fine. Of course, you can choose to be skeptical and just wait for a release from RIM...however long that may be.

Microsoft's own blogs, tech articles and site even points out that users should NOT upgrade to x64 Office unless they really need the access to RAM.

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Microsoft Office - Word - Microsoft Office

The 32-bit version of Office 2010 is the recommended option for most users, because it prevents potential compatibility issues with other 32-bit applications, specifically third-party add-ins that are available only for 32-bit operating systems.
    The final release of Office x32 is speedy itself. It's night and day between the beta Office 2010 release. In actuality, you probably won't notice any difference at all unless you're editing huge files that need >3gb RAM (since x32 maxes about that). If you're having a lot of problems, I'd recommend reinstalling 32-bit (since I believe the key is compatible with x32 and x64; Windows 7 and Vista keys are interchangeable between x32 and x64).
    06-18-10 02:38 PM
    I also do not have the option of trying to add on a version of 2007.

I tried to contact RIM, but to no avail. Trying to contact them is like trying to contact the White House.
    My best advice to you would be to do a search (Google, Bing, etc.) for "Office 2007 trial" and try downloading that, install and run Outlook once. ...then just uninstall. I'm assuming that it'll install the legacy files needed (or config whatever needs to be altered...sorry, haven't looked too much into the issue since it's solved for me and I've been really busy lately).

My assumption is that the introduction of Office 2010 x64 will necessitate a Blackberry Desktop Manager x64. If you remember the Windows Vista x64 fiasco (all 3rd parties taking about 6 months + after release for drivers and programs), then we can also assume it'll take RIM a few months to get a new compatible BBM out.

If you take a look at this link:

Using the Office Migration Planning Manager for the 2007 Office system | TechNet

That tells me that Office 2010 is significantly different enough from 2007 that Microsoft released a video detailing potential upgrade conflicts.

Hope that helps? It's not the best solution, but at least doing the install/uninstall will give you sync capability.
    06-20-10 01:39 PM
    Pressure keeps building up!! Another week, another seven days without RIM releasing a patch for this!!

I am using the workaround that has been stated several times in this thread... but I�m tired of not been able to modify the synch�s settings!
    I cannot believe this!!

I don�t really care if Nokia purchased the company that develops DM for RIM. By now this should have been solved!
    I have read posts in other sites where whole companies (that rely on their BB synching with Outlook) have migrated to Office 2010 and are having some MAJOR problems with this issue..
    Come on RIM, do something about this.....
    We here at CompanionLink are just as surprised as you guys that BBDM is still not compatible with Outlook 2010, especially since Office 2010 has now been released to retail customers.

Until an official solution is available, you can use CompanionLink to sync Blackberry with Outlook 2010. We support both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Outlook 2010, and sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with BlackBerry.

It's free to try, and includes free tech support. Check out www.companionlink.com/outlook
    Last edited by companionlink; 06-21-10 at 01:16 PM. Reason: fixed link
    06-21-10 01:10 PM
    I have been using Outlook w/BCM 2010 64-bit since the beta release in Nov and have tried everything, twice. The only thing that works is Companionlink. I'm not a rep...just an Outlook addict that needed to sync!
    06-21-10 05:55 PM
    I have the same problem (Outlook 2010 32bit + BB Storm) and tried CompanionLink but with no success. After installing the program, setting the configuration parameters and clicking on "synchronize" tab, the program asked me to start the synchronization process directly from the BB Desktop Manager. After doing so, it the BB Desktop Manager again asks to configure the synchronization and finally gets me to the well known error message ("No available memory stores"). Unless I missed something, this program did not work for me. Restarting all programs and even reinstalling them did not help as well...
    06-21-10 06:26 PM
    I have been fighting this Office 2010 for 3 days and spoke with blackberry twice. There is no support for Office 2010 and Desktop manager. This is the final draw BB and being this is the only reason I was staying a loyal blackberry user.
    Hello Droid X. All of you that are getting these errors messages. There is no fix at this time and they do not have any idea as to when.
    Last edited by wise12u123; 06-25-10 at 10:05 AM.
    06-25-10 09:58 AM
    BB has dropped the ball in such a huge way with no support for the new Office 2010. I cannot beleive it!
    BB you are fired. Goodbye.
    Hello Driod.
    Of really "droid" you already sync with 2010. WOW what a suprise. Yes it is true BB fans. I am leaving after 10 loyal years.
    RIM officially cannot play anymore with the big boys.
    Even WebOS has got you beat BB. With third party apps for crying out loud!!!
    BOOOO on you BB.
    Anyone that does not beleive me Call BB and ask them. I did and there reply was "UUUUHHHH well BB does not want to put out something that does ntot work so we are working on it I am sure." ROFL
    06-25-10 10:11 AM
    There is no fix at this time and they do not have any idea as to when.
    There is a work-around and if you read some of the posts, you can find it in this thread. ...it'd save you frustration and us from having to hear multiple posts about people complaining that they can't get 2010 to sync with their BB.
    06-25-10 02:38 PM
    Here's the email I received on 6/24/2010

Hello George,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

Outlook 2010 is not supported for syncing when using BlackBerry Desktop Software 5.0.

Here is the link where you will see the current system requirements and what is compatible with the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software System Requirements

Currently, these are supported: IBM Lotus Notes 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.5 Microsoft Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007 Microsoft Outlook Express 6, Microsoft Windows Contacts (Vista Address Book) Novell� GroupWise� 6.5, 7.0 Yahoo!�

Here is the link that describes that Outlook 2010 is not supported, at this time.
    KB20654 - View Document

I submitted your case for a $49 support call refund that will be processed by RIM within the next 5-7 business days

If you need an update, please call us at one of the numbers below. Press 1 at the greeting, then enter the last eight digits of your incident number (INC000020748873).

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Chico
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com

***Now Available - BlackBerry Training for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software administrators. For information about current course offerings, please visit BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM).
    06-25-10 06:00 PM
    I tried using CompanionLink, 14 day trial, and it "works" sortof ... maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have about 1800 contacts in Outlook and the synch process takes ... are you ready ... 2 hours to complete. If there are any CompanionLink users or employees on this board, I sure would like to find out what the problem is.
    Last edited by homeispv; 06-25-10 at 06:44 PM. Reason: need to add trackback
    06-25-10 06:44 PM
    Just downloaded trial software and configured. Worked great. Using the free trial for 14 days and will see if RIM comes through - not holding my breath.

Just FYI if others go the Companionlink direction, leave DM in place. I removed mine prior to installing Companionlink thinking it might conflict only to find out it's required. Thanks for the link scottr303 - I finally have an updated calendar.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried using CompanionLink, 14 day trial, and it "works" sortof ... maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have about 1800 contacts in Outlook and the synch process takes ... are you ready ... 2 hours to complete. If there are any CompanionLink users or employees on this board, I sure would like to find out what the problem is.
    06-25-10 06:54 PM
    I just spoke with RIM via telephone, and was told they do not support Microsoft Office 2010 at this time. I will for certain be leaving BB. This is UNREAL!
    06-26-10 10:01 AM
    I cannot believe that RIM will not provide support for Outlook 2010.

Consider this; the vast majority of business people use MS Office (according to some surverys, over 93 %). If BB have primarily been aimed at business people, the only reason I can think for DM still not supporting MS latest version of Outlook is some sort of copyright issues in the development of the correct connector for OL2010.

In spite of what many people may think, RIM is certainly a major player in smartphone industry, and has had a growing market share in the last year or so.

Could someone at CB provide us with some NEW info about this problem.
    As days and weeks go by, with no solution in sight, RIM is certainly damaging its own reputation.

Companion Link people... I have tried your trial period software, it still needs DM.. and... I refuse to pay for an application which has to be part of the BB service (since the days of the first Palm devices, synch with your desktop has been included with the device). I�ve had Palm devices, HP Ipaq PDA�s. Windows Mobile devices and for the last couple of years BB. They all include some sort of free synch. application for any major desktop software you may use...

For the time being I am using the workaround repeatdly explained in this same thread... which of course is not a solution... it�s just a "workaround", which I cannot accept as RIM�s final word.

As to the replies that people gto over the phone from the RIM tech support, it�s quite reasonable they tell you that "at present time Outlook 2010 is NOT supported"; it is the plain truth.... but, I am convinced that we will see in the near future an update for DM.
    06-26-10 06:30 PM
    Hey Guys,

I've also have some Problems sync my BB with Outlook 2010 but surprisingly on my Vista machine it all works and on my XP laptop it wont.
    DM and Outlook was installed on both the same way performing an Upgrade from 2007 to 2010 but on my desktop it still sync but on my laptop not.
    I think referring to this that sometimes the upgrade mess p some data and Folder structure in windows so that the DM cant find the pst file any more this is just a wild gues but i will just tell anybody who says syncing is a lie that it will work if you do an upgrade on a vista or a 7 pc and in 32-Bit and sometimes work on a XP but not allways. I will do some more reseaches on my Laptop maybe i can figure out where is the prrobleme. I will keeep you informed on this.

so long happy BlackBerring
    06-27-10 02:00 AM
    I upgraded to the latest and decided to install Office 2010 Professional 64 Bit. I knew of course that this will break and it will take RIM at least another month or so. Knowing this, I only know one solution which is to use Google sync app for Blackberry. I save the Calendar as .ics and import it into Google then use the sync app on the Blackberry to wireless sync. This works for the time being until RIM puts out a fix.
    So far here is the link for what RIM says:
    KB20654 - View Document
    06-27-10 02:02 AM
    I upgraded to the latest and decided to install Office 2010 Professional 64 Bit. I knew of course that this will break and it will take RIM at least another month or so. Knowing this, I only know one solution which is to use Google sync app for Blackberry. I save the Calendar as .ics and import it into Google then use the sync app on the Blackberry to wireless sync. This works for the time being until RIM puts out a fix.
    So far here is the link for what RIM says:
    KB20654 - View Document
    Maxknux, thank for sharing your solution with us. This really works (at least for me). You do not need Google Apps to use Google Sync with Blackberry. You also do not need BB Enterprise Activation for this. There are some limitations, however. First, Google Sync cannot sync all events in the calendar, only 52 weeks ahead and a few weeks before. Second, If you enter an appointment on your BB, it will be synchronized with your Google Calendar, but not with your MS Outlook, as syncing Outlook with Google Calendar is a one way street (i.e. you are exporting .ics file from Outlook to Google Calendar, but there is no sync the other way, i.e. from Google Calendar to Outlook). Note that the "Google Calendar Sync" does not work with Outlook 2010... I hope that Google folks are working on this. What a pain, huh???
    06-27-10 07:03 AM
    Not sure why, but I deleted the click to run version of Office. Downloaded a complete version and installed and have been able to sync. Also, I am using 32 bit version of outlook 2010.
    06-27-10 01:48 PM
    Not sure why, but I deleted the click to run version of Office. Downloaded a complete version and installed and have been able to sync. Also, I am using 32 bit version of outlook 2010.
    The issue here is making DM synch propertly with Outlook 2010 WITHOUT doing an upgrade from Outlook 2007. Not only that, but also to be able to change the synch�s settings once it works...

The sad news is that this is a no go for now... Anyone who says that he got DM synching properly in a clean install of Outlook 2010 is either not telling the truth or will become rich by solving an issue which even RIM has officially said that for the time does NOT work (DM does not support Outlook 2010, unless you use the workaround explained in the previous pages of this same thread).

Sorry for the bad news...
    06-27-10 06:43 PM
    Upset as well... running 64 bit W7 with 64 bit Office 2010. Office 2010 is a major re-haul IMO. It's as amazing as the upgrade from Windows Vista to W7).

I just purchased my 9700 last week and am considering the idea of returning it. I really want to be able to stay organized during my first "real" year of university and I thought that by purchasing a blackberry I'd have all the necessary tools to stay organized.

Guess not.

Your turn RIM.
    06-27-10 09:14 PM
407 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD