dtm version 6.0 is out now and works with bold 9700
    08-12-10 06:58 PM
    dtm version 6.0 is out now and works with bold 9700
    DM 5 also works with Bold 9700, the problem was Outlook 2010. DM5 did not sync properly no matter which BB device you had if you had OL 2010.
    08-12-10 10:16 PM
    As of August 13 I was able to download desktop software 6.0 which accepted the Outlook 2010 without a problem. I think RIM has caught up to us.
    08-14-10 05:43 PM
    Blackberry AND T-Mobile have know about the issue and have not been honest. I've been on the phone with Blackberry for about 3 hours today with their pretending that I'm one of the few people having an issue with this. My blackberry has not been syncing for 5 months now and "surprise" they could not resolve it.

I found this article a few hours after speaking with them: BlackBerry Desktop 6 Should Stop Torch, Outlook Woes | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    08-14-10 11:12 PM
    I downloaded the trial office 2010 and the BBDM 6. I still cannot see outlook as an option to select when setting up the sync for calender, tasks etc. Have deleted and reinstaled bbdm twice as well as office 2010. Very frustrated as i have a busuness to run................Thanks in advance for any help

32 bit
    windows vista
    Last edited by Ivor_mcc; 08-15-10 at 12:55 PM.
    08-15-10 12:51 PM
    After months of trying, i've finally got it working.

1) You need BBDM 6
    2) You need the non-Click-to-run version of office. The click-to-run version doesn't have the Outlook 2010 in the default programs:

Outlook 2010 beta Default program in Outlook Installation

3) You need to uninstall your Click-to-run version and then re-install the full version:
    Click-to-Run: Switch to using a full Office edition - Word - Microsoft Office

4) If you didn't buy through MS"s online website, but have a physical key-card, then you want to download the version here:
    Using The Product Key Card - Microsoft Office

Hope that helps!
    08-17-10 12:13 PM
    I downloaded the trial office 2010 and the BBDM 6. I still cannot see outlook as an option to select when setting up the sync for calender, tasks etc. Have deleted and reinstaled bbdm twice as well as office 2010. Very frustrated as i have a busuness to run................Thanks in advance for any help

32 bit
    windows vista
    After installing OL2010 did you start the program? You need to start it once so that it actually configures your Calendar, Tasks, etc. Only after you have done this you can start DM and configure the Synch process.
    I mention this because a couple of people were complaining about this issue and the problem was that Office version they had installed did not include Outlook.
    08-17-10 03:47 PM
    Hi guys i need a bit of help.
    I recently upgraded to MS Office 2010.
    My BB is Bold 9000 with 4.6 OS
    My BDM is 4.6.0.17
    My laptop is XP SP 3
    I downloaded DM 6 and tried to install. After it installs it doesnt launch. I tried to reboot and also to install again. After 3rd attempt i already give up.
    I have gone through so many pages of this thread and did a lot of these things suggested but it doesnt solve my problem.
    Please help.
    08-18-10 05:30 AM
    Sorry i forgot to mention the problem. Its the same can not sync. It says the same problem " MICROSOFT OUTLOOK CONNECTOR ERROR -- NO AVAILABLE MESSAGE STORES"
    08-18-10 05:34 AM
    Anyone having any luck with Outlook 2010 x64 and Desktop manager 5.0.0.11 I cant get it to see outlook at all when i go to sync options.
    After much experimentation and consultation with RIM, I was told by RIM that RIM will not provide support for 64 bit Windows 7 operating systems that run Outlook 2010 until sometime in 2011.
    There answer was so unbelievable and so frustrating, I have ditched my Blackberry for a Samsung Galaxy android operating system phone. With companionlink (free) I am now syncing everything in Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 64 bit system and my phone. Bye bye Blackberry. Love my android!
    Last edited by gymswim; 08-18-10 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spell
    08-18-10 06:25 PM
    After much experimentation and consultation with RIM, I was told by RIM that RIM will not provide support for 64 bit Windows 7 operating systems that run Outlook 2010 until sometime in 2011.
    There answer was so unbelievable and so frustrating, I have ditched my Blackberry for a Samsung Galaxy android operating system phone. With companionlink (free) I am now syncing everything in Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 64 bit system and my phone. Bye bye Blackberry. Love my android!
    So your second post at CB is to tell everybody you ditched your BB.!!

Wow!! If you would have taken the trouble of having a closer look at this site and you would have known a long time ago (since OL2010 Beta release) that DM5 is not compatible with OL 2010. Only DM 6 is compatible with OL2010 32 bit. Since Microsft has recommended users to use the 32 bit version of OL2010 it should be no surprise that the newest version of DM still does not support it... RIM gives priority to something called SECURITY. OL201 (64 bit) has some issues there (you can learn to search the MS forums to find the details).

By the way DM 6 is fully compatible with Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit versions).

Companion Link still needs DM to work properly, so to be honest I would never pay a cent for it... and the free version has lots of limitations...

I accept that the present version of DM6 still has bugs to solve but overall it is a great upgrade!
    08-18-10 07:30 PM
    Sorry i forgot to mention the problem. Its the same can not sync. It says the same problem " MICROSOFT OUTLOOK CONNECTOR ERROR -- NO AVAILABLE MESSAGE STORES"
    I want to believe that you checked that Outlook 2010 was installed together with Office (many Office versions do not include Outlook). If so, then make sure to start Outlook at least once to create de data files DM needs to set the synch.

I apologize if this sounds too obvious !!
    08-18-10 07:34 PM
    Socunts 36:
    I want to believe that you checked that Outlook 2010 was installed together with Office (many Office versions do not include Outlook). If so, then make sure to start Outlook at least once to create de data files DM needs to set the synch.

-------
    Hi scouts36 thanks for reply. Yes i did install Outlook together with Office. I installed Home and Business version of Office 2010 wihci comes with outlook 2010.
    I still dont know how to overcome this problem. DM 6 fails to launch. so no luck there also.
    Anyone has any solution?
    08-18-10 10:28 PM
    Socunts 36:

-------
    Hi scouts36 thanks for reply. Yes i did install Outlook together with Office. I installed Home and Business version of Office 2010 wihci comes with outlook 2010.
    I still dont know how to overcome this problem. DM 6 fails to launch. so no luck there also.
    Anyone has any solution?
    Ok, try the following:
    • Uninstall DM
    • Clean your registry using an App such as CCleaner (free to download and use)
    • Reboot your PC
    • Do a repair of your Office installation (just clich the uninstall option and you will get the Repair option).
    • Reboot
    • Reinstall DM6
    It should now work.

It is important that not onlyyou have OL properly installed, but that you have opened it at lesat once for it to create the proper data file.

Good luck!
    08-19-10 09:09 AM
    Scout 36

Many thanks for the advice

This worked a treat for me

Eborman
    08-22-10 04:11 AM
    I was having same issue. Updated to DM 6.0.0.40 and that was it. setup sync w/o any problems
    08-22-10 08:17 AM
    After jumping through a few hoops with Sprint, they connected me with RIM's technical support. RIM had me uninstall desktop manager 5.0.1, then install 6.0. No more sync problem.
    08-23-10 06:45 PM
    I was another victim of the Outlook 2010 connection error "No available message stores". I had spent a lot of time and nervous energy trying to solve my problem without success. Then I came across this thread, learnt from the collective wisdom of the posters here, downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software Version 6.0.0.40, ran it and the synchronization finally worked. I did have to run a repair of Outlook before I could synchronize in both directions. A big thank you to all the posters.

(My Outlook is 32 bit and is from Microsoft Office Professional. I run Windows 7 Home Premium on a x64-based PC)
    08-24-10 09:10 AM
    I was another victim of the Outlook 2010 connection error "No available message stores". I had spent a lot of time and nervous energy trying to solve my problem without success. Then I came across this thread, learnt from the collective wisdom of the posters here, downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software Version 6.0.0.40, ran it and the synchronization finally worked. I did have to run a repair of Outlook before I could synchronize in both directions. A big thank you to all the posters.

(My Outlook is 32 bit and is from Microsoft Office Professional. I run Windows 7 Home Premium on a x64-based PC)
    Glad to know that all these posts were of use for you!
    08-24-10 02:59 PM
    Anyone Running MS office 2010 and syncing Outlook with their Desktop Manager?

I have been trying to Sync DM 5.0 with Outlook 2010, and keep getting a Outlook Connector Error, "No Available Message Stores"

I have not been able to solve this and wondering if anyone has found a solution yet?

EDIT:

To save people from reading the entire thread,
    Currently NO version of Desktop Manager 5 syncs with Outlook 2010, Directly

There are 2 Work arounds
    1 - Install Office 2007 do a sync than Upgrade to Outlook 2010, and it will work apparently
    2 - Download and install Companionlink

Waiting on Desktop Manager 6 Beta testers to give up thumbs up or down!
    1) Never ever going upgrade an MS product till the year is at least 2 greater than product year

2) Microsoft? Tough to do without. Google? Getting harder to do without. Blackberry? Lots of options!!!!
    08-27-10 03:57 PM
    1) Never ever going upgrade an MS product till the year is at least 2 greater than product year

2) Microsoft? Tough to do without. Google? Getting harder to do without. Blackberry? Lots of options!!!!
    DM 6 is out and synchs fine with Outlook 2010. In corporate environments Microsoft and Blackberry are still Kings. Google does not have all the security that is so important for many people.
    08-27-10 10:12 PM
    this does work just downloaded it and synced...perfect

Until an official solution is available, you can use CompanionLink to sync Blackberry with Outlook 2010. We support both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Outlook 2010, and sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with BlackBerry.

It's free to try, and includes free tech support. Check out Outlook
    thanks
    Last edited by jsn125; 08-30-10 at 10:03 AM.
    08-30-10 10:01 AM
    hi scouts. I did what u asked. Still no luck. BB Desktop Manager still doesnt run when installed. It says error. Any one knows anything i should do??
    09-03-10 06:26 AM
    hi scouts. I did what u asked. Still no luck. BB Desktop Manager still doesnt run when installed. It says error. Any one knows anything i should do??
    Mmm... last resort, uninstall Outlook 2010 and DM6, do a registry clean, reboot, reinstall OL, start OL to activate the app and open the PST file you have, reboot, reinstall DM6.... try it..

Good luck.

PS uninstalling OL will NOT delete yor data file.
    09-03-10 11:19 AM
    Hi scouts.Thanks for offering the help so far. But nothing seems to work. The BB Desktop manager doesnt launch at all saying "some error and contact MS"
    I am at loss now on what i will do to again start syncronising with my BB and laptop.
    Anyway i am fed up completely with this problems. I like both Outlook 2010 as well as my BB and i cant decide which one to discard now.
    I do want to blame both MS and BB for this mess for all of us.
    I will keep following this thread if i see any more suggestions.
    Thanks all.
    09-05-10 11:48 PM
407 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD