04-15-11 09:40 PM
407 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Waiting on Desktop Manager 6 Beta testers to give up thumbs up or down!
    Works perfectly with Desktop Software V6 (not called DT Manager any more!)
    07-27-10 04:11 AM
    Yes it works fine and all data is now identical on my BB9700 and laptop. Plus, in the meantime, I tried google sych - and set up a googlemail a/c specially - and now I have an online synch as well as the BB one so I feel safe and organized again. No doubt the un-leaked version will be available to everyone soon but this download does seem worth getting and it did not take long.
    07-27-10 05:51 AM
    32 bit version. 64 bit version still does not work, though you can now set the synch option to none.. and prevent the error message you got with DM5.

Microsoft recommends using the 32 bit version of Office 2010.. so imagine when will RIM release a DM version compatible with the 64 bit version of OL2010.
    As scouts36 points out - and I have just learned - if you have Office 2010 64-bit installed, you probably shouldn't.

Personally I had Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit so when given the choice between Office 2010 32-bit and 64-bit...naturally I chose 64-bit.

However, read here to see why Microsoft recommends 32-bit Office 2010:
    Office 2010 32 bit vs 64 bit

I am now going to uninstall my 64-bit Office 2010 and install 32-bit and not worry about 64-bit support in DM anymore!

Thanks guys.
    07-27-10 10:00 AM
    Doesn't work for me, even after 2 hours of phone calls with BB.

"Error Encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3" I tried deleting the sync folder, resending service books, combining calendars, re-installing, wiping calendar data, nothing! I just need my Fu$king calendar to work!!!!!!!!!!
    07-27-10 03:07 PM
    Doesn't work for me, even after 2 hours of phone calls with BB.

"Error Encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3" I tried deleting the sync folder, resending service books, combining calendars, re-installing, wiping calendar data, nothing! I just need my Fu$king calendar to work!!!!!!!!!!
    You must have some sort of software problem. DM 6 works fine and definetely does not generate the kind of problems you are having.

Have you tried reinstalling Outlook 2010? You can try that, plus runnig CCleaner or any other "leftover" cleaner before reinstalling DM.

Sorry, but I cannot think of anything else.
    Last edited by scouts36; 07-27-10 at 07:06 PM.
    07-27-10 06:48 PM
    I'm gonna leave DM6 alone--at least for awhile.

I purchased CompanionLink 3.0 (4.0 beta didn't play well with my puter), and it works very, very smoothly with DM5. No issues at all. In fact, it syncs Tasks better than DM--always had issues with reminders / alarms with Tasks using DM, which is annoying as I use (recurring) Tasks a lot.

(I'm running Window 7 Professional 64 bit / Office 2010 Professional 32 bit.)
    07-27-10 08:17 PM
    Strange, I'm running Windows 7, 64 with Office 2010 32 and no problems with 4.0. At first, I downloaded the CLU file and would not work, but after wiping that off, and downloading the CLX file, and going through the pain in the arse setup, it works great.
    Glad to hear it's working for you. When I first downloaded CL, I didn't notice that v4 was beta. Had issues, called tech support and they said it was beta and that v3 might be a better alternative.

This was about a month ago, so maybe they've updated v4 or there's something on my laptop that didn't like it.

In any event, v3 has been working without issue.
    07-27-10 10:53 PM
    32 bit version. 64 bit version still does not work, though you can now set the synch option to none.. and prevent the error message you got with DM5.

Microsoft recommends using the 32 bit version of Office 2010.. so imagine when will RIM release a DM version compatible with the 64 bit version of OL2010.
    I posted about this earlier. The 64-bit version of Office is only for people who work with Excel datasets larger than 2GB. Who that would be, I have no idea! There is no benefit to the 64-bit version versus the 32-bit, but in fact many drawbacks. With the small install base of the 64bit version, I would be surprised to see RIM support it.
    07-28-10 07:06 AM
    Guys... Desktop Manager 6 has leaked !! Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...er-6-a-502687/

Downloading now, will return and confirm that this version works with Outlook 2010.

Hoping, hoping!!
    The link to the download site is no longer working - are there any alternatives?
    07-28-10 04:19 PM
    OK - this is a .rar file. If memory serves me, .rar is a real audio file extension. I would think that it would be either a self-extracting .exe or a zipped file. And besides - whats with these scam type download sites? I tried downloading under the FREE option and as it was downloading the time left actually INCREASED from 9 mins to over 15. Makes no sense. And I am on a high speed connection.

I could use this upgrade as I also am running Office 2010, but I'd rather not risk and malware, spyware or viruses coming down from these bozo download sites.
    07-28-10 06:18 PM
    OK - this is a .rar file. If memory serves me, .rar is a real audio file extension. I would think that it would be either a self-extracting .exe or a zipped file. And besides - whats with these scam type download sites? I tried downloading under the FREE option and as it was downloading the time left actually INCREASED from 9 mins to over 15. Makes no sense. And I am on a high speed connection.

I could use this upgrade as I also am running Office 2010, but I'd rather not risk and malware, spyware or viruses coming down from these bozo download sites.
    your Memory serves you wrong, .Rar was a Propriatary format for "WinRAR" in the 90's which became a very common compression format moving forward.

7Zip can easily handle RAR file

I'm running it, NO malware or spyware, BUT still no working with OL 2010 64
    07-28-10 06:45 PM
    The link to the download site is no longer working - are there any alternatives?
    This link still works: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    07-28-10 07:27 PM
    Sorry Blackberry, leaked or not, no official release yet. I went out and got a Windows phone today and it works just fine with Office 10- 32 & 64 bit.

Yeah, all the icons are in different places on my new PDA, but after 10 years and countless $$ upgrades apps etc, I was expecting better.
    07-28-10 11:17 PM
    Thanks a lot scouts36, CCleaner did the trick! Much appreciated!!!!!!!
    07-29-10 11:48 AM
    Thanks a lot scouts36, CCleaner did the trick! Much appreciated!!!!!!!
    Im glad I could be of help!
    07-29-10 02:40 PM
    in short no. my 9700 will not sync. only advice has been to dowload 2007 outlook. seems stupid but my have to
    07-30-10 10:18 AM
    Upgrade seems to be the key. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with BlackBerry Desktop Manager v5.0.1.37. Upgraded from Office 2007 Professional to Office 2010 Professional (32-bit) and the DM synch is working fine, just as it was in 2007.

Phew.
    07-30-10 07:35 PM
    07-31-10 12:17 PM
    Its offical that Office 2010 and Desktop Manager will not work together as expected, you will not beable to connect or sync because outlook is not seen by DM 5.X. I did find a work around that works for Office 2010 x32 version, NOT x64. You have to uninstall Office 2010, reboot then Install Office 2003/2007, reboot. Next is where the magic happens, you do an UPGRADE Install of your Office 2003/2007 to Office 2010. DM 5.X will then work as expected. This procedure has worked for me with three different computers all running Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010 x32 and Desktop Manager 5.0.1.

I hope this helps someone that has the need and desire to have these two programs work together.

Thanks,
    Paul
    07-31-10 11:17 PM
    So how do we sync now, still no solution, seems crazy. Anybody with solution?
    08-01-10 11:33 AM
    At least it wasn't me. Any estimate when official version will be released?
    08-01-10 11:45 AM
    just heard from Sprint that it is a known problem and an update to fix it is due from blackberry this month
    08-02-10 02:01 PM
    I posted about this earlier. The 64-bit version of Office is only for people who work with Excel datasets larger than 2GB. Who that would be, I have no idea! There is no benefit to the 64-bit version versus the 32-bit, but in fact many drawbacks. With the small install base of the 64bit version, I would be surprised to see RIM support it.
    Is Blackberry on CRACK??

The 64 bit version of Outlook 2010 will be installed by MOST people who are running a 64-bit version of Windows.

In case no-one's noticed MANY or MOST Windows 7 PCs and laptops on sale now are coming with Win7 64 Bit!

Most users installing 2010 will NOT be thinking to check with Blackberry in advance to know that they should only run the 32 bit version of Outlook is they want it to work with Desktop!!

This is a TOTAL COPOUT by Blackberry, who should D**N well put in the work to make this work.

Absurd! Here with are MANY MONTHS after the beta for 2010 was released, and months after the official 2010 release to market of the final product, and STILL we hear this incompetant runaround NONSENSE from RIM.

I'm fed up. I have 64 bit Windows, and I have 64 bit Outlook 2010 - DEAL WITH IT, RIM!!!!!! I have had NO OTHER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with ANY other applications or products on EITHER of these 64 bit platforms!!! ONLY YOURS!!!!!

All this smarmy talk about "oh its YOUR fault, you shouldn't really be running 64 bit, you know" is outrageously annoying, and just incredible. If RIM can't get out of their own way on this one, then I will be moving on to Droid far sooner than I expected.

I have wasted LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

And if RIM were actually planning on fixing this, we'd be HEARING that HERE, not all these excuses and blaming the users!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!
    08-02-10 04:00 PM
    So how do we sync now, still no solution, seems crazy. Anybody with solution?
    Use the leaked version of DM 6. It synchs without a flaw with OL 2010.
    08-02-10 06:59 PM
    Is Blackberry on CRACK??

The 64 bit version of Outlook 2010 will be installed by MOST people who are running a 64-bit version of Windows.

In case no-one's noticed MANY or MOST Windows 7 PCs and laptops on sale now are coming with Win7 64 Bit!

Most users installing 2010 will NOT be thinking to check with Blackberry in advance to know that they should only run the 32 bit version of Outlook is they want it to work with Desktop!!

This is a TOTAL COPOUT by Blackberry, who should D**N well put in the work to make this work.

Absurd! Here with are MANY MONTHS after the beta for 2010 was released, and months after the official 2010 release to market of the final product, and STILL we hear this incompetant runaround NONSENSE from RIM.

I'm fed up. I have 64 bit Windows, and I have 64 bit Outlook 2010 - DEAL WITH IT, RIM!!!!!! I have had NO OTHER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with ANY other applications or products on EITHER of these 64 bit platforms!!! ONLY YOURS!!!!!

All this smarmy talk about "oh its YOUR fault, you shouldn't really be running 64 bit, you know" is outrageously annoying, and just incredible. If RIM can't get out of their own way on this one, then I will be moving on to Droid far sooner than I expected.

I have wasted LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

And if RIM were actually planning on fixing this, we'd be HEARING that HERE, not all these excuses and blaming the users!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!
    It is true that many people are running Win 7 64 bit, but of you do some research you will learn that even Microsoft does NOT recommend to use Office 2010 64 bits. This is only useful if you run 2 gb spreadhseets!!

Swearing and insulting will certainly not solve the problem.

Now, using the leaked version of DM 6 will solve synch problems wit OL2010 32 bits.

If Microsoft says that Office 64 bits is not stable, why do you swear against RIM. Tell the people ate Redmod to release a "stable" version of Office 64 bits... or not to release it at all.

64 bit apps are still quite green and compatibility is still not that good. I use Windos 7 64 bit in my desktop PC but still use most 32 bit apps.
    08-02-10 07:04 PM
407 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD