RIM never promised syncing with 64bit Outlook. It already syncs with 32bit Outlook.
    09-20-10 05:00 PM
    DM 6 synchs fine with OL2010 32 bits, now if you have a problem that only affects you (as you have explained to us several times in this same thread) and you have never even tried installing DM 6 in a different PC, well I don�t think you can blame RIM.

BB is BB, I�ve had Windows Mobile devices in the past and they synch in a native way with Windows, but BB devices have a whole chunk of other aspects that makes me understand if the synch software was delayed for a few weeks after the official launch of OL2010.

Once again, DM6 synchs fine with OL 2010... 32 bits.. the 64 bit version of OL is not even recommended by Microsoft.. so...
    09-20-10 05:08 PM
    DM 6 synchs fine with OL2010 32 bits, now if you have a problem that only affects you (as you have explained to us several times in this same thread) and you have never even tried installing DM 6 in a different PC, well I don�t think you can blame RIM.

BB is BB, I�ve had Windows Mobile devices in the past and they synch in a native way with Windows, but BB devices have a whole chunk of other aspects that makes me understand if the synch software was delayed for a few weeks after the official launch of OL2010.

Once again, DM6 synchs fine with OL 2010... 32 bits.. the 64 bit version of OL is not even recommended by Microsoft.. so...
    Sorry guys but i beg to differ. AGAIN, have been unable to sync since March (win 7, Outlook 2010 32 bit) - absolutely after 10-12 hours of trying every solution offered here and on RIM/ Outlook forums, I can definitely say that for MANY of us (1000's of peeps have the same problems and are abandoning RIM) the 32 bit Outlook does NOT sync properly with DM 6 and Blackberry.

That's simply that.
    could care less about another PC- need it to work on THIS PC, or its useless to me. Dont mean to confrontational, but if it doesn't WORK, its useless.

I love Blackberry but forced by RIM/ MS incompetence to seek other solutions that actually.......WORK ! (btw each works fine standalone- they just do NOT work together.)
    09-20-10 06:09 PM
    Sorry guys but i beg to differ. AGAIN, have been unable to sync since March (win 7, Outlook 2010 32 bit) - absolutely after 10-12 hours of trying every solution offered here and on RIM/ Outlook forums, I can definitely say that for MANY of us (1000's of peeps have the same problems and are abandoning RIM) the 32 bit Outlook does NOT sync properly with DM 6 and Blackberry.

That's simply that.
    could care less about another PC- need it to work on THIS PC, or its useless to me. Dont mean to confrontational, but if it doesn't WORK, its useless.

I love Blackberry but forced by RIM/ MS incompetence to seek other solutions that actually.......WORK ! (btw each works fine standalone- they just do NOT work together.)
    DM6 came out in August... so yes, in March it did not synch unless you used the workaround that was explained several times in this thread..

I have to insist that if you never tried it in another PC the problem is the PC! You yourself explained to me that even with OL2007 you had problems. And that when you tried to reinstall OL you had a .dll problem.

Obviously your registry is a mess...
    Anyway, my point is that your problem cannot be taken as a generic problem for the reasons I point out above.

Your PC has other software problems..with Office that have nothing to do with RIM.

Once again I have to tell you that I have installed DM 6 in at least 200 PC and in the times I had problems (around 15 cases) they couyld easily be solved by repairing the Office install.

I speal for personal experience.. you say that hundreds have the same problem... I doubt it.. I do believe that people have encountered problems but not your problem...

First thing you do when testing a software.. is try it in a different PC and if that is not possible... assume that very possibly your computer has other isues..

Sorry dude, but I do this for a living and though DM has lots of bugs.. none makes impossible the synch with 32 bit OL 2010.
    09-20-10 07:23 PM
    DM6 came out in August... so yes, in March it did not synch unless you used the workaround that was explained several times in this thread..

appriecate your help and effort my friend, but have better things to do than to keep explaining myself over and over...
    OBVIOUSLY the sync problems in March were with Outlook 2010 and DM 5. A company RIM that prides itself on serving the Business world left us unable to sync for all those months? unbelievable and unforgivable.
    The end user should not have to waste time converting back and forth between OL 2007 and 2010 to get something to work ! I also lost indexing functionality with one of those 2007 -2010 conversions and NEED indexing. NOT a practical workaround solution at all....

I have to insist that if you never tried it in another PC the problem is the PC! You yourself explained to me that even with OL2007 you had problems. And that when you tried to reinstall OL you had a .dll problem.

had long since discarded the OL 2007 installation disc and I believe had a faulty downloaded version of OL 2007.
    This is a very late model, well maintained pc used by an "average power user" - we need software that WORKS on such standard pc's, without fail , or with simple solutions/ adjustments, not painstaking hours of manually deleting registry entries, that STILL don't solve the problem !

Obviously your registry is a mess...

obvioulsy you are incorrect. registry is cleaned regularly by several programs (cc cleaner, tuneup utilities) and the pc works great and fast in all other aspects. pc only a few months old. no evidence i can see of "registry mess' - well designed programs by rim and MS that work TOGETHER are what we need.

Anyway, my point is that your problem cannot be taken as a generic problem for the reasons I point out above.

Your PC has other software problems..with Office that have nothing to do with RIM.

1000's of users have had similar problems, perhaps MANY more that long ago gave up with the first idiotic non sync debacle with rim's products when OL 2010 came out and rim left us stranded. My local Verizon stores report users leaving rim behind in droves. sad.

Once again I have to tell you that I have installed DM 6 in at least 200 PC and in the times I had problems (around 15 cases) they couyld easily be solved by repairing the Office install.

I speal for personal experience.. you say that hundreds have the same problem... I doubt it.. I do believe that people have encountered problems but not your problem...

First thing you do when testing a software.. is try it in a different PC and if that is not possible... assume that very possibly your computer has other isues..

Sorry dude, but I do this for a living and though DM has lots of bugs.. none makes impossible the synch with 32 bit OL 2010.
    i imagine there is a POSSIBLE solution- just way too much work and way too obscure for even a power user to spend any ore time than the 10-12 hours at least of time i've already spent, and the problems caused by inability to sync since march. good riddance to rim until they AGAIN WORK for business users' trust !
    09-20-10 11:16 PM
    In the end everything that matters is your personal experience, and I cannot deny that you have had a bad one with DM.

RIM�s responsability was to have a DM version compatible with OL2010 once the official version was available (mid June) which means that before that it was up to all of who were using beta versions to find a way around.

Running automatic registry cleaners like CCleaner does not mean your registry is problem free. There are many cases where unless you do a manual search for problems the cleaner will never find it. Sometimes the cleanr even makes worse the problem. That is why these software need to be used knowing the risks.

My customers are very happy with their BB devices and as I said before, they all have DM6 running if they have OL2010.

I still remember the early version of MS ActiveSynch for WM devices... it would not even set the synch... and this is the Redmond company, not RIM.

I hope future releases of DM will solve or reduce the number of issues encounterd by regular users.
    09-21-10 08:36 AM
    Hi I followed your tips step by step and I got this error (one or more configured folders is not avaailable. update folder mapping and try again). What do I do now?
    09-21-10 11:48 AM
    to my reply before I have a bold 9000
    09-21-10 11:50 AM
    JUST purchased (wasted buying) Outlook 2010 and receive the "No available message stores" message when syncing. Read the threads and apparently this is a huge problem of incompatiablity.

Any new updates since last thread in July? What is companion-link? I can't go to 2007 and upgrade as I never had 2007 Outlook.

Thanks --
    09-27-10 02:26 PM
    did you try DM 6?
    09-27-10 06:18 PM
    I too am having great difficulty.

I have a brand new PC with Windows 7, I loaded Outlook 2010 32bit and DM6.

When trying to configure settings I get the 'Outlook not installed' error message.

If I understand correctly, DM6 should work with the 32bit version of Outlook 2010.

I have tried removing and reloading, cleaning the registry, everything suggested here with no luck.

I REALLY need to get my Storm2 synced with Outlook, I fully rely on the scheduling and contact info.

Any further thoughts or ideas? I have yet to try my wife's older curve, as she has the very same setup I have, I just haven't loaded DM6 on her new PC yet.. I see where others over the last few months blame all kinds of reasons for this situation, but don't fault BB. You would think they could come up with a fix, being the high tech powerhouse they claim to be. If I can't get this resolved soon I guess I will have to get another phone. I really have enjoyed my time with BB, but if they can't keep up with the times, well..........................

EDIT: Not sure it was the right thing to do, but I started a thread HERE to help solve my issues.
    Last edited by BearLeeAlive; 09-28-10 at 01:20 PM.
    09-27-10 09:39 PM
    Before installing DM6 you need to make sure to install and configure your Outlook app. That is to make sure the .pst file is up and running. Only after this you can successfully install and configure the synch with DM6.

Good luck
    09-30-10 03:31 PM
    I did have Outlook up and running before installing DM6. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I talked to my service provider (Telus) and they can't help at all. Unless you are an Enterprise customer BlackBerry refuses to help.

I have started to look into what Android might best suit me, and for replacing our other BB's. I really did not what to have to do that, but it seems to be my only solution. I have already spent WAY too much time on researching a solution to my problem as it is.
    09-30-10 09:59 PM
    I did have Outlook up and running before installing DM6. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I talked to my service provider (Telus) and they can't help at all. Unless you are an Enterprise customer BlackBerry refuses to help.

I have started to look into what Android might best suit me, and for replacing our other BB's. I really did not what to have to do that, but it seems to be my only solution. I have already spent WAY too much time on researching a solution to my problem as it is.
    Have you tried in a different PC? You may have a problem not related to DM or Office..

Another option is to uninstall and reinstall Office 2010 before reinstalling DM. When reinstalling use a different folder than the suggested default.
    10-01-10 12:49 PM
    Have you tried in a different PC? You may have a problem not related to DM or Office..

Another option is to uninstall and reinstall Office 2010 before reinstalling DM. When reinstalling use a different folder than the suggested default.
    We do have another new PC that has Outlook 2010 on it. I should try it there. She will need to sync her BlackBerry on it too. That would narrow down things (or not).

I have reinstalled Office 2010 a couple times, but not to a different directory. I guess I could try that too.

Thanks.
    10-01-10 05:54 PM
    I spent 3 1/2 hours on the Blackberry tech support (at $49) and didn't get it resolved.
    I am trying to sync with BB desk top manager (6.0.0.43) my Blackberrry Storm 2 (5.0.0.713) to Windows 7 / Outlook 2010 (14.0.4760.1000 32 bit)

There doe snot appear to be an option in the syc setting for Outlook , the closest I got was in teh address area using window 7 contacts list.

So if I wnat the latest contact updates I put in Outlook on my PC I will need to get them over to Window 7 contacts which is cumbersome, time consuming and a general pain in the **** .... has anyone resloved this problem?

BB suggested I remove an older version of Front page 2003, a reader for PP 2007 and reinstall Outlook 2010 ...... not really interested in doing all that

Help would be appreciated
    10-08-10 03:08 PM
    I spent 3 1/2 hours on the Blackberry tech support (at $49) and didn't get it resolved.
    I am trying to sync with BB desk top manager (6.0.0.43) my Blackberrry Storm 2 (5.0.0.713) to Windows 7 / Outlook 2010 (14.0.4760.1000 32 bit)

There doe snot appear to be an option in the syc setting for Outlook , the closest I got was in teh address area using window 7 contacts list.

So if I wnat the latest contact updates I put in Outlook on my PC I will need to get them over to Window 7 contacts which is cumbersome, time consuming and a general pain in the **** .... has anyone resloved this problem?

BB suggested I remove an older version of Front page 2003, a reader for PP 2007 and reinstall Outlook 2010 ...... not really interested in doing all that

Help would be appreciated
    Sorry, I have no problems with the synch with OL2010. You don�t give us details of the type of error you recieve, but in the previous pages of this same thread most issued have been discussed (but not always solved).
    10-08-10 05:26 PM
    I am not sure how, but I went back in two days later for one more try and it is working. The problem initailly wa sthat when I went into the desk manager their was no option to choose OUTLOOK as a sync choice. Somehow today , teh option has magically appeared.
    Thanks goodness I am functional again!
    10-11-10 12:56 PM
    Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is not the thread. I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 (v5.0.0.822) with DM 6.0 on Windows 7. I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2010. When I try to configure my settings for Intellisync I go through the Wizard, make my selections and use my Outlook Profile and click "Finish". When I finish the wizard for any of the apps (Calendar, Contacts, Schedule, Memo) for the Outlook profile in the "Select Device Application" dialogue box, it reverts to no check and the system reports that no application has been selected.

Needless to say, that any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...
    The_Bassman_
    10-20-10 09:59 AM
    Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is not the thread. I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 (v5.0.0.822) with DM 6.0 on Windows 7. I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2010. When I try to configure my settings for Intellisync I go through the Wizard, make my selections and use my Outlook Profile and click "Finish". When I finish the wizard for any of the apps (Calendar, Contacts, Schedule, Memo) for the Outlook profile in the "Select Device Application" dialogue box, it reverts to no check and the system reports that no application has been selected.

Needless to say, that any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...
    The_Bassman_
    Have you saved every configuration individually when setting the synch the first time (i.e for calendar, contacts, tasks and memo).?
    10-20-10 01:02 PM
    Apparently, on the MS office web site, it states that there is a patch that will be available sometime in 2011.

I'm at a loss without being able to sync. Have to enter everything twice is i remember to do it.
    10-21-10 04:40 PM
    Apparently, on the MS office web site, it states that there is a patch that will be available sometime in 2011.

I'm at a loss without being able to sync. Have to enter everything twice is i remember to do it.
    The patch ONLY refers to the 64 bit version of Outlook 2010. The 32 bit version works fine.
    10-21-10 05:01 PM
    I've been able to set my DM6 up to sync everything, but when it does, I get the following message:

Please check your Microsoft Exchange Permissions in Outlook and try again.

I don't use an exchange server at all. All of my email comes from a linux box. I can't remember what the mail hosting software is on the box. I can make some changes to the mail host, but very limited. (I get my email from a company that I have a couple of websites hosted at.)

I have looked all over Outlook for some setting. BTW, it is Outlook 2010 64-bit. Any ideas? I'm willing to try almost anything.

Wayne
    01-06-11 10:00 PM
    I just called Verizon and they say it's not compatible at this time per their upper level support directive.
    64bit has been out long enough that you would think RIM would be supporting it by now.

Bold 9650 /DM 6.18 / Win 7 64 bit / MS office 2010 64 bit
    01-07-11 05:32 PM
    I've been a long-time BB users with various versions of Office. Thought BB was supposed to have fixed these issues with Desktop Software 6.x, but apparently not. After doing a clean install & setup of a new laptop running Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010 x86, I installed the latest version of BB Desktop Software. Upon setting up Outlook sync for the first time, was promptly met with the message from Outlook Connector that "Microsoft Outlook is not installed on this computer." Funny, I'd been using Outlook on that computer for several days with it "not installed."

After spending some time Googling and searching for an answer, I found something to point me in the right direction, and refined it a bit to make it easier.

SOLUTION: Assuming you have the latest Desktop Manager installed from BB, with both BB & OL 2010 closed
    1. Open Control Panel and click Mail
    2. When the window pops up, click on Show Profiles
    3. Select your profile and click the Copy button. Name the copy whatever you want - we won't be keeping it around long.
    4. Start Desktop Manager and connect your BB.
    5. Start configuring your Organizer, but choose the copy profile for any item. Click OK when DS asks about remapping folders.
    6. After configuring any Outlook component, click OK until you get back to your main DS window. At this point, you should not get the previous error message.
    7. Go back into DS and configure all your Outlook components with your original profile. You will get the folder remapping message again - just click OK.
    8. When you're done, click OK until you're back at the main DS window. You shouldn't get any error messages at this point.
    9. From Control Panel, go back in to Mail and delete the duplicate profile you previously created.
    01-10-11 07:43 PM
407 ... 14151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD