this does work just downloaded it and synced...perfect

Until an official solution is available, you can use CompanionLink to sync Blackberry with Outlook 2010. We support both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Outlook 2010, and sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes with BlackBerry.

It's free to try, and includes free tech support. Check out Outlook
    thanks
    THIS IS NOT CORRECT ! i get exactly the same errors using companionlink as i did with DM6 alone- "intellisync error' - synchronization does not work !
    next solution ?
    09-06-10 09:36 PM
    Hi scouts.Thanks for offering the help so far. But nothing seems to work. The BB Desktop manager doesnt launch at all saying "some error and contact MS"
    I am at loss now on what i will do to again start syncronising with my BB and laptop.
    Anyway i am fed up completely with this problems. I like both Outlook 2010 as well as my BB and i cant decide which one to discard now.
    I do want to blame both MS and BB for this mess for all of us.
    I will keep following this thread if i see any more suggestions.
    Thanks all.
    You don�t need to discard neither OL2010 nor your BB device. It works for most of us. The problem must be with something in relation to your installed software. Have you tried installing on a differente PC, I�m sure it will work fine.

Unfortunately the only way to try and solve this would be to uninstall OL and DM, delete the corresponding installation folders manually, do a manual registry search for all references to both software, reboot, and reinstall.
    If you do this, make sure to backup your .pst file.

Tell us if this works...
    Good luck
    09-06-10 09:57 PM
    You don�t need to discard neither OL2010 nor your BB device. It works for most of us. The problem must be with something in relation to your installed software. Have you tried installing on a differente PC, I�m sure it will work fine.

Unfortunately the only way to try and solve this would be to uninstall OL and DM, delete the corresponding installation folders manually, do a manual registry search for all references to both software, reboot, and reinstall.
    If you do this, make sure to backup your .pst file.

Tell us if this works...
    Good luck
    Have tried the above, STILL CANNOT sync (get "unknown intellisync error" EVERY time when i tyr to configure the sync. have spent a dozen hours on this . and there are 100's of people on the rim / Crackberry forums having the excat same problem and probably many 1000's more who just give up. CLEARLY the problem IS the DM software and rim is the only logical source to blame.
    I still await a solution to this mess from RIM !
    09-06-10 10:52 PM
    I don�t think that many people with your problem.
    Due to the type of job I do I have installed DM6 in over 150 PC in the last 15 days. I have never encountered the problem you mention. Could be luck, but the PC are running either Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32 bits and 64 bits). They all have OL2010 32 bits.

They all synch great with a variety of BB models (mainly Bold 9000 and Bold 9700).

I accept there are issues for RIM to solve in the next release of DM, but I can assure you that you represent a minority of people.

You have spent dozens of hours struggling with this, have you tried installing DM in another PC??? I can bet that you will not have the same problem.

Windows� registry is tricky, that is why I suggested you to do some manual search of it.
    09-08-10 03:41 PM
    I don�t think that many people with your problem.
    Due to the type of job I do I have installed DM6 in over 150 PC in the last 15 days. I have never encountered the problem you mention. Could be luck, but the PC are running either Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32 bits and 64 bits). They all have OL2010 32 bits.

They all synch great with a variety of BB models (mainly Bold 9000 and Bold 9700).

I accept there are issues for RIM to solve in the next release of DM, but I can assure you that you represent a minority of people.

You have spent dozens of hours struggling with this, have you tried installing DM in another PC??? I can bet that you will not have the same problem.

Windows� registry is tricky, that is why I suggested you to do some manual search of it.
    thanx for the best reply yet !
    many people here, many more on the rim forums.
    have ONE laptop that sync has to work on - period.
    have done two uninstallations of dm6 , with registry manual search and removal of anything to do with rim, research in motion, or intellysinc- no help at all. still gives " unknown intellysinc eroror" EVERY time i try to set up sync.
    rim clealry doesnt care about outlook 2010 users to put us in this position where we haven't been able to sync since May with outlook 2010?
    any further thoughts ?
    thanx
    09-08-10 09:37 PM
    thanx for the best reply yet !
    many people here, many more on the rim forums.
    have ONE laptop that sync has to work on - period.
    have done two uninstallations of dm6 , with registry manual search and removal of anything to do with rim, research in motion, or intellysinc- no help at all. still gives " unknown intellysinc eroror" EVERY time i try to set up sync.
    rim clealry doesnt care about outlook 2010 users to put us in this position where we haven't been able to sync since May with outlook 2010?
    any further thoughts ?
    thanx
    I have been using OL2010 since the first beta version came out (public and non public). RIM only released DM6 (which is compatible with OL2010) a montha after the official version of Office 2010 was released.

Concerning your problem, have you tried changing the default installation folders for DM AND OL2010?
    That could do the trick.

In your post you don�t mention having uninstalled OL2010, that is also important. You don�t have to worry about loosing your data file (.pst). But you should uninstall Office, reboot, do a registry clean, reboot, reinstall Office, and only after this give a go at installing DM6.

One last idea that might work... Uninstall OL2010, install OL2007. Try DM6, if it still does not work, uninstall and install DM5. Make it synch with OL2007.
    If this works update OL to 2010 (you still have DM5). DM will work, but you will not be able to change any synch settings (i.e. DM5 synchs with OL2010 only if you upgrade from a synching version of OL2007).

if all the above works, now upgrade DM5 to DM6...

If OL2007 does NOT synch with DM5, you are done, definetely you have a registry problem which is very difficult to solve.

One other thing, be sure to be logged as an Admin in your notebook.

Tell me how this goes... I�m going dry on new ideas!!

NEW VERSION OF DM6 JUST CAME OUT... https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...247A852FAD3647
    Maybe this fixes your problem... it�s bundle 47 compared with the original DM6 which was bundle 42.
    Last edited by scouts36; 09-09-10 at 02:35 PM.
    09-09-10 08:46 AM
    I have been using OL2010 since the first beta version came out (public and non public). RIM only released DM6 (which is compatible with OL2010) a montha after the official version of Office 2010 was released.

Concerning your problem, have you tried changing the default installation folders for DM AND OL2010?
    That could do the trick.

In your post you don�t mention having uninstalled OL2010, that is also important. You don�t have to worry about loosing your data file (.pst). But you should uninstall Office, reboot, do a registry clean, reboot, reinstall Office, and only after this give a go at installing DM6.

One last idea that might work... Uninstall OL2010, install OL2007. Try DM6, if it still does not work, uninstall and install DM5. Make it synch with OL2007.
    If this works update OL to 2010 (you still have DM5). DM will work, but you will not be able to change any synch settings (i.e. DM5 synchs with OL2010 only if you upgrade from a synching version of OL2007).

if all the above works, now upgrade DM5 to DM6...

If OL2007 does NOT synch with DM5, you are done, definetely you have a registry problem which is very difficult to solve.

One other thing, be sure to be logged as an Admin in your notebook.

Tell me how this goes... I�m going dry on new ideas!!

NEW VERSION OF DM6 JUST CAME OUT... https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...247A852FAD3647
    Maybe this fixes your problem... it�s bundle 47 compared with the original DM6 which was bundle 42.
    Thanx ! seems like some kind of deep registry probelm, even though i have a relativley new laptop/ reltivley clean registy.
    this is a lot of steps and will take some time.
    have NOT uninstalled OL2010- did not see where that would effect any of this. have NOT tried changing the default installation folders either.
    "do a registry clean" after uninstalling OL 2010 - you mean with my usual tuneup utilities, or cccleaner, or ??
    OL 2007 DID synch well for me with dm5. when i upgraded to OL 2010 though, lost the syncing with dm5 obviously. went BACK to OL 2007 but then lost the ability to index calendars, email contacts etc. in 2007. i did not understand this but feel it had something to do with the conversion of the pst file format. when i went back to OL 2010 again, all outlook indexing returned and now works well.
    will try the sequences you recommend (time consuming though !)- really need to get past his problem. have an android based systme to try on saturday but really dont want to convert from blackberry.
    09-09-10 11:29 PM
    btw, newest version of DM 6 id NOT correct the problem- still with intellysinc error when trying to setup sync in dm 6
    09-09-10 11:30 PM
    Thanx ! seems like some kind of deep registry probelm, even though i have a relativley new laptop/ reltivley clean registy.
    this is a lot of steps and will take some time.
    have NOT uninstalled OL2010- did not see where that would effect any of this. have NOT tried changing the default installation folders either.
    "do a registry clean" after uninstalling OL 2010 - you mean with my usual tuneup utilities, or cccleaner, or ??
    OL 2007 DID synch well for me with dm5. when i upgraded to OL 2010 though, lost the syncing with dm5 obviously. went BACK to OL 2007 but then lost the ability to index calendars, email contacts etc. in 2007. i did not understand this but feel it had something to do with the conversion of the pst file format. when i went back to OL 2010 again, all outlook indexing returned and now works well.
    will try the sequences you recommend (time consuming though !)- really need to get past his problem. have an android based systme to try on saturday but really dont want to convert from blackberry.
    Ahhhh!! In your last post you say something that gives me a clue... You say that OL2007 synched fine with DM5, but when you upgraded to OL2010 you lost synch.... This should NOT have happened.

If you upgrade from OL2007 to 2010 then DM5 will still synch (though you will not be able to modify the synchs parameters). This was the workaround to synch OL2010 with DM5 before DM6 came out (i.e. upgrade from a synching version of OL2007).

The problem (very possibly a registry one) started when you first updated to OL2010. Everything you did after this, was based on a preceding problem.

I would follow the steps I mention in my previous post, and yes, use CCleaner to do the registry cleaning.

Uninstalling and reinstalling OL2010 will effectively rewrite registry keys and values that might affect DM. Try to use a different installation folder...

Good luck!
    09-10-10 09:25 AM
    Ahhhh!! In your last post you say something that gives me a clue... You say that OL2007 synched fine with DM5, but when you upgraded to OL2010 you lost synch.... This should NOT have happened.

have to beg to differ. ALL SOURCES I REVIEWED (rim, various blackberry forums, microsoft forums all universally said abislutyely that dm5 would NOT sync with DM5- that we needed to wait for DM 6 !
    i will still try your solutions and i hope they work.
    thanx !
    gregg P

If you upgrade from OL2007 to 2010 then DM5 will still synch (though you will not be able to modify the synchs parameters). This was the workaround to synch OL2010 with DM5 before DM6 came out (i.e. upgrade from a synching version of OL2007).

The problem (very possibly a registry one) started when you first updated to OL2010. Everything you did after this, was based on a preceding problem.

I would follow the steps I mention in my previous post, and yes, use CCleaner to do the registry cleaning.

Uninstalling and reinstalling OL2010 will effectively rewrite registry keys and values that might affect DM. Try to use a different installation folder...

Good luck!
    have to beg to differ. ALL SOURCES I REVIEWED (rim, various blackberry forums, microsoft forums all universally said abislutyely that dm5 would NOT sync with DM5- that we needed to wait for DM 6 !
    thanx !
    gregg P
    09-10-10 11:01 AM
    thanx !
    gregg P
    If you read the past posts of this same thread you will find that there is are workaround to make DM5 synch with OL2010.
    Install OL2007 and DM5, make it synch.
    Configure the synch parameters of DM now.
    Upgrade to OL2010.
    DM5 will synch, but you will no longer be able to change any synch settings.

Many of us have used this workaround for months till DM6 was released.

Only drawback of this is that you need to have OL2007 and that once you upgrade to OL2010 you will no longer be able to change anu synch options in DM. But it will synch!!!

Trust me my friend!
    09-10-10 12:07 PM
    When it rains it pours ! am trying to reinstall outlook 2007, using the only version i have (after clean unistall of 2010) and getting the error "the program cant start because msvcr80.dll is missing from your computer". try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. have reinstalled it twice now !!
    maybe i am destined to **** to droid- i somehow KNEW this solution above want gonna be easy...
    i installed outlook as a stand alone program for 2007 on top of Student edition of office.
    help[ !!
    09-10-10 05:03 PM
    Try to uninstall all of Office 2010. Reboot, clean registry.
    Only after this reinstall Office 2007 (you can only install OL).
    Then follow the steps I described previously.
    09-10-10 06:32 PM
    Try to uninstall all of Office 2010. Reboot, clean registry.
    Only after this reinstall Office 2007 (you can only install OL).
    Then follow the steps I described previously.
    Thanx for yur help.

DID ALL of the above (as i stated above) - uninstalled office 2010. rebooted, cleaned, rebooted. installed office 2007 and OUtlook 2007.
    unable to start OL 2007 because i get error "the program cant start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the prgram to fix this problem."
    i DID try reinstalling Outlook 2007......and ....got the same error.
    this is the only version of outlook 2007 i have - could it be defective ?
    next step ?
    09-10-10 07:29 PM
    I don�t think you have a defective copy of OL2007, but you certainly have a major registry problem.

Check the following website for an explanation on how to solve problems with the mentioned .dll file..

How To Fix Missing Msvcr80.dll Error | DLL-Error-Fixes.com

Follow the steps and see if you can properly install OL2007 and have it synch with DM.

Let me know how it goes..
    09-10-10 08:31 PM
    I don�t think you have a defective copy of OL2007, but you certainly have a major registry problem.

Check the following website for an explanation on how to solve problems with the mentioned .dll file..

How To Fix Missing Msvcr80.dll Error | DLL-Error-Fixes.com

Follow the steps and see if you can properly install OL2007 and have it synch with DM.

Let me know how it goes..
    thanx.
    managed to get past the mscvr80.dll problem by downloading and installing it. no longer get that error. now Outlook 2007 simply wont start at all. hard drive just spins endlessly when i attempt to start it (other components of office 2007 work fine).
    out of curiosity, how was i to run ccleaner ? just general resigstry clean. ?
    i cannot devote anymore hours to this problem. something is seriously wrong by software form RIM / NS when hours and hours by a power user cannot fix a simple, necessary issue- the simple ability to sync between pim and smartphone. this is disgusting.
    i am picking up an android system phone today and starting over.
    i cannot be without email access any longer. going back to outlook 2010. at least THAT worked.
    thanx
    09-11-10 07:29 AM
    weirdly enough, NOW companionlink appears to be working , with at least one way sync (Outlook 2010 to Blackberry ) ! partial success !
    conductin gosme further tests.
    really DO like Blackberry, but HAS to WORK with Outlook, or i am outta here for another solution.
    09-11-10 09:17 AM
    If Outlook 2007 did not start properly your problem is NOT with RIM, it�s with the OL install.

If possible, I would just reformat the drive, at this stage it�s the only way you will be able to find what�s wrong with OL.

Once again, the fact that you could not run OL2007 properly (even de .dll problem you had) shows a problem with the MS apps.

CCleaner, best way is to run it in automatic mode.. and always reboot after running it.

PS Ol 2010 does work with DM6... it�s a known fact. You have been very unfortunate to encounter this problem.
    09-11-10 06:56 PM
    I DL'd companion sync for my BB Tour and Outlook 2010....so far, so good!!! Then again, give it an hour lol
    09-14-10 10:53 AM
    Hey, you guys in the forums are great. I got a lot of help here when I had my BlackBerry Storm. This was the de facto go to site. But ongoing issues like this syncing with Outlook and the constant low memory and freeze up problems with my handset caused me to finally abandon ship.

I've had my Motorola Droid X for a little over a week and I'm in love.

So long, suckers! Maybe I'll see some of y'all over at Android Central.
    09-15-10 12:52 PM
    Hey, you guys in the forums are great. I got a lot of help here when I had my BlackBerry Storm. This was the de facto go to site. But ongoing issues like this syncing with Outlook and the constant low memory and freeze up problems with my handset caused me to finally abandon ship.

I've had my Motorola Droid X for a little over a week and I'm in love.

So long, suckers! Maybe I'll see some of y'all over at Android Central.
    I think we could have ALL don eiwthout the "suckers" comment Dude....
    i too have jumped to Android , the Fascinate, while tired of spending 12 hours or more fiddling with Outlook sync issues- absurd waste of my time by RIM.
    only things i miss are :

android email is nowhere near as "push" as rim (have mine set to sync every 15 minutes and last email on phone is 655 am ! have gotten 30 emails to account since then (per Outlook) . terrible !

rim's ultrasecure messenger- i see no similar secure messaging service on the android os.

comments ?
    09-15-10 01:26 PM
    I think we could have ALL don eiwthout the "suckers" comment Dude....
    i too have jumped to Android , the Fascinate, while tired of spending 12 hours or more fiddling with Outlook sync issues- absurd waste of my time by RIM.
    only things i miss are :

android email is nowhere near as "push" as rim (have mine set to sync every 15 minutes and last email on phone is 655 am ! have gotten 30 emails to account since then (per Outlook) . terrible !

rim's ultrasecure messenger- i see no similar secure messaging service on the android os.

comments ?
    First, let me say that I hope we all can take ourselves a little less seriously... I didn't mean to offend anyone. It was all in good-natured jest and I poke fun at myself first. (I felt like the biggest sucker when the BlackBerry Storm 2 came out a few weeks after I bought my Storm. )

As for the other issues you mentioned:

If you use Gmail, as I do, and you use the Gmail app on your Android phone, you do have true "push" email. However, any other personal email accounts (Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc.) have to be set up with the Email app which is not "push" but rather "pull" email. I don't use any corporate or Exchange accounts so I don't know how that works.

And, yes, Gpokmd, quite right you are; nobody can touch BlackBerry when it comes to security. There may be some workarounds or addon solutions out there but certainly nothing native. I know many of you guys are concerned with high level security but it isn't an issue for me.

I'm all in the Google universe so Android is perfect for me.

Best wishes, guys.
    09-15-10 08:46 PM
    First, let me say that I hope we all can take ourselves a little less seriously... I didn't mean to offend anyone. It was all in good-natured jest and I poke fun at myself first. (I felt like the biggest sucker when the BlackBerry Storm 2 came out a few weeks after I bought my Storm. )

As for the other issues you mentioned:

If you use Gmail, as I do, and you use the Gmail app on your Android phone, you do have true "push" email. However, any other personal email accounts (Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc.) have to be set up with the Email app which is not "push" but rather "pull" email. I don't use any corporate or Exchange accounts so I don't know how that works.

And, yes, Gpokmd, quite right you are; nobody can touch BlackBerry when it comes to security. There may be some workarounds or addon solutions out there but certainly nothing native. I know many of you guys are concerned with high level security but it isn't an issue for me.

I'm all in the Google universe so Android is perfect for me.

Best wishes, guys.
    Thanx !
    i use gmail as a secondary email but need to use a REAL email program like Outlook and all its features (thru verizon servers) for primary email.
    interestingly, since rebooting the phone the "check email every 15 minutes" function has worked a bit better.
    09-15-10 10:42 PM
    Version 6 was released August 25, 2010

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

David
    09-20-10 11:09 AM
    Version 6 was released August 25, 2010

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

David
    ok.....but DM 6 does NOTHING to solve this problem (as was promised by RIM) - i was not able to sync with outlook from May until early september, when i switched to the Android OS which HAPPILY and ACCURATELY syncs with Outlook 2010. LOVE Blackberry and have had to compromise some with Android but until RIM bothers to care enough about Outlook 2010 users to MAKE a product that actually syncs , users should be outta here.
    09-20-10 11:20 AM
407 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD