Is Blackberry on CRACK??

The 64 bit version of Outlook 2010 will be installed by MOST people who are running a 64-bit version of Windows.

In case no-one's noticed MANY or MOST Windows 7 PCs and laptops on sale now are coming with Win7 64 Bit!

Most users installing 2010 will NOT be thinking to check with Blackberry in advance to know that they should only run the 32 bit version of Outlook is they want it to work with Desktop!!

This is a TOTAL COPOUT by Blackberry, who should D**N well put in the work to make this work.

Absurd! Here with are MANY MONTHS after the beta for 2010 was released, and months after the official 2010 release to market of the final product, and STILL we hear this incompetant runaround NONSENSE from RIM.

I'm fed up. I have 64 bit Windows, and I have 64 bit Outlook 2010 - DEAL WITH IT, RIM!!!!!! I have had NO OTHER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with ANY other applications or products on EITHER of these 64 bit platforms!!! ONLY YOURS!!!!!

All this smarmy talk about "oh its YOUR fault, you shouldn't really be running 64 bit, you know" is outrageously annoying, and just incredible. If RIM can't get out of their own way on this one, then I will be moving on to Droid far sooner than I expected.

I have wasted LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

And if RIM were actually planning on fixing this, we'd be HEARING that HERE, not all these excuses and blaming the users!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!
    I cannot prevent noticing you are a newbie! If you have so many complaints about RIM what on earth are you doing in a BB site! You are free to migrate to Android, WinM7 or IPh.

At CB we make an effort in being constructive with our comments, and we always prevent shouting (capital letters).

Welcomed to our community, but please read the site�s regulations.
    08-02-10 06:08 PM
    It seems that actually physically buying a Copy of Office 2010 64bit is a challenge, the Major Retailers in Canada don't seem to Carry it

so the user base of 64 vs 32 will be largely 32bit,

I know I will be getting a 32bit license in the near future as my 64bit trial is over, and I have yet to have a Spreadsheet break the 500MB barrier, let alone the 2GB barrier.

funny that I get the info about Office 64 vs 32 on a blackberry site, and not from the MS Office blogs....
    08-02-10 06:14 PM
    It seems that actually physically buying a Copy of Office 2010 64bit is a challenge, the Major Retailers in Canada don't seem to Carry it

so the user base of 64 vs 32 will be largely 32bit,

I know I will be getting a 32bit license in the near future as my 64bit trial is over, and I have yet to have a Spreadsheet break the 500MB barrier, let alone the 2GB barrier.

funny that I get the info about Office 64 vs 32 on a blackberry site, and not from the MS Office blogs....
    Well, in spite that I myself use MS products (i.e. Windows and Office) I also think that as you say, the user base is still going to be 32 bit apps.
    The good news is that in spite RIM has not officially released DM6 (yet!), you can use the leaked version with OL2010 32 bits, it works just fine.

Concerning licensing of Office, your Office 2010 license allows to use 32 or 64 bit versions as long as you use the same version of Office (e.g. Professional Plus 32 bit and Professional Plus 64 bit).

Here is a comment about 64 bit Office and its detected problems. Office 2010 32 bit vs 64 bit
    08-02-10 07:10 PM
    Wamrod is right in that most people who don't know / uneducated about the Office versions will pair up 64 bit with 64 bit, but those who know and are educated about it will not, specifically IT departments at most companies. Overall the installations will be small in size of the 64 bit version until there are benefits of running it.
    08-03-10 06:36 AM
    Is Blackberry on CRACK??

The 64 bit version of Outlook 2010 will be installed by MOST people who are running a 64-bit version of Windows.

In case no-one's noticed MANY or MOST Windows 7 PCs and laptops on sale now are coming with Win7 64 Bit!

Most users installing 2010 will NOT be thinking to check with Blackberry in advance to know that they should only run the 32 bit version of Outlook is they want it to work with Desktop!!

This is a TOTAL COPOUT by Blackberry, who should D**N well put in the work to make this work.

Absurd! Here with are MANY MONTHS after the beta for 2010 was released, and months after the official 2010 release to market of the final product, and STILL we hear this incompetant runaround NONSENSE from RIM.

I'm fed up. I have 64 bit Windows, and I have 64 bit Outlook 2010 - DEAL WITH IT, RIM!!!!!! I have had NO OTHER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with ANY other applications or products on EITHER of these 64 bit platforms!!! ONLY YOURS!!!!!

All this smarmy talk about "oh its YOUR fault, you shouldn't really be running 64 bit, you know" is outrageously annoying, and just incredible. If RIM can't get out of their own way on this one, then I will be moving on to Droid far sooner than I expected.

I have wasted LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

And if RIM were actually planning on fixing this, we'd be HEARING that HERE, not all these excuses and blaming the users!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!
    Actually, Microsoft recommends using the 32-bit version of Office no matter the version of your OS because of plugins and activex stuff that's not compatible with the 64-bit version.

I guess DM falls under the incompatible plugins.
    08-03-10 01:09 PM
    Hello everyone, I am new here. My laptop was installed with both Win & and Office 2010 as a gift. Please do not flame me as I learn the ways of this fourm and site.

That being said, what is RIM's LATEST position on OL 2010? I cannot find any info on their site.

Much appreciated all.
    08-03-10 07:55 PM
    08-03-10 08:21 PM
    I have a Win7 x64 machine. I had Office 2007 installed. I had a BB Storm and synched regularly to Outlook.
    I upgrade to Office 2010 and continued to synch my Storm.
    Last week I upgraded to the Storm 2 and could not synch w/Outlook. I called support. They told me it would be supported in a BM release in Aug. 2010 (where is it?). He told me, however, that I could restore a Backup from my Storm to my Storm 2. I did that and it transferred my calendar and contacts.
    I plugged my Storm into my computer and it continues to synch fine w/Outlook 2010. I imagine I should be able to synch to my Storm, do a backup, connect the Storm 2 and restore the Storm backup to the Storm 2. The only concern I have is that the single time I put the Storm backup on my Storm 2 I had to re-do all my settings (email, Bluetooth pairing, etc.).
    08-04-10 10:51 AM
    I just installed DM 6.0.0.30 on my Win 7 x64 with Outlook 2010 32bit and now have sync working flawlessly. What a relief. It has been huge pain the **** for the last 3 weeks since my new computer arrived with Outlook 2010 and I couldn't sync.

All in all, DM 6 seems like a nice upgrade. No huge improvement, just a nicer UI.
    08-04-10 05:16 PM
    Hello everyone, I am new here. My laptop was installed with both Win & and Office 2010 as a gift. Please do not flame me as I learn the ways of this fourm and site.

That being said, what is RIM's LATEST position on OL 2010? I cannot find any info on their site.

Much appreciated all.
    The latest rumour is that Desktop Manager 6 will be released on August 10th, and that will fix the problem with syncing with Outlook 2010. I can verify that it does work, as I just installed the leaked DM 6 this morning.
    08-04-10 05:17 PM
    This ridiculous, you would think that they would have contemplated this problem before hand. I'm soooo down, if my BB dies again, I'm screwed...

I'm using the BB 8350i Curve for Nextel
    08-04-10 11:07 PM
    So how do we sync now, still no solution, seems crazy. Anybody with solution?
    If you would read all posts of this thread you will know that the leaked version of DM6 does synch with OL2010. Just follow the link from the previous page of this same thread and install it in your PC.

This version will become official as soon as the 9800 is out (12 August), meanwhile use the leaked copy and please, next time, do some searching in CB before bringing old news....
    08-05-10 09:24 AM
    I downloaded the trial version of Companion Link Pro and it did not work to resolve this issue. Plus, I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Am I seriously doomed to wait until 2011? Plus, I had this issue when I bought my new laptop a few months back, and I called AT&T or BB support at the time, can't remember which? And they actually had it working for me. But I hadn't synced in awhile and when I went to sync again today, I got the same error message. I can't remember what they had me do last time to get it to work, and I just don't feel like spending another hour on the phone with tech support. Nor do I feel like installing Outlook 2007. I'm rebelling - they should have fixed this by now - it simply can't be that difficult!!!!!!
    08-06-10 09:26 PM
    I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Am I seriously doomed to wait until 2011?
    Exhale. Now breathe deeply. It appears you misunderstood the RIM statement and subsequent 23 pages of this thread.
    • Win7 (32-bit) or Win7 (64-bit) doesn't matter to DM nor CL
    • Outlook 2010 (32-bit) - DM will be released later this month
    • Outlook 2010 (64-bit) - DM will be released in 2011

And we understand the CL isn't working for you, but there's little in your note regarding error messages, configuration, nor what you may have already tried. There are hundreds of people watching this thread, many willing to help at a moment's notice, but you might want to spot them some symptoms or something to get them started.
    08-06-10 09:36 PM
    If you would read all posts of this thread you will know that the leaked version of DM6 does synch with OL2010. Just follow the link from the previous page of this same thread and install it in your PC.

This version will become official as soon as the 9800 is out (12 August), meanwhile use the leaked copy and please, next time, do some searching in CB before bringing old news....
    However, it still does not sync with Outlook 2010 64-bit....and having to wait till 2011 to have something like that fixed just sucks. Its not like its 2005 and 64-bit software and drivers are non existent, its 2010 RIM get with the game....
    Last edited by BB_Addict_09; 08-06-10 at 11:48 PM.
    08-06-10 11:44 PM
    I downloaded the trial version of Companion Link Pro and it did not work to resolve this issue. ...
    As noted in a post somewhere above by me and by others, Companion Link does work--you likely have some settings issues. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / Office 2010 Professional 32 bit / DM 5. The Companion Link website states "Full Support for Outlook 2010 32 bit / 64 bit."

I actually find that using the CL add-on improves the sync performance with DM5.
    08-07-10 08:14 AM
    I also am having the same issue while trying to sync with Outlook 2010.....was advised by Verizon that Desktop Manager is not compatible with Outlook 2010, and that Blackberry is working on an updated Desktop Manager that will be able to sync...said it should be within the next week or 2....
    08-08-10 12:34 PM
    I also am having the same issue while trying to sync with Outlook 2010.....was advised by Verizon that Desktop Manager is not compatible with Outlook 2010, and that Blackberry is working on an updated Desktop Manager that will be able to sync...said it should be within the next week or 2....
    Please take the trouble to read the in depth discussion about this issue in this same thread.
    I know you are a newbie, but even so, before posting something that has been discussed for over 23 pages please read previous posts, and you will find the answer to your concern... old story mate!
    08-08-10 08:12 PM
    However, it still does not sync with Outlook 2010 64-bit....and having to wait till 2011 to have something like that fixed just sucks. Its not like its 2005 and 64-bit software and drivers are non existent, its 2010 RIM get with the game....
    Compatibility with OL2010 64 bits and the reasons why this should not be a problem are also discussed in the past few pages of this same thread...
    Unless you plan to open a spreadsheet of over 2 Gb you do not need the 64 bit version.... even Microsoft recommends users to stick to the 32 bit version.
    08-08-10 08:15 PM
    Never mind. Official Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0 released today.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...lable-download
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    Last edited by LarryMXL; 08-10-10 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Blackberry DTM 6.0 Released and works
    08-09-10 11:08 AM
    If you are running Windows 7 and also have an older version of Microsoft Office laying around (I used Office 2003) you can run Office 2010 under windows 7 and install the older version of Office under Windows XP virtual machine. While not an elegant solution, it will allow you to sync:

Close Outlook in Windows 7. It takes a few minutes for Outlook 2010 to release the lock on your PST file so just close it now.

1. Start Windows Virtual PC->Windows XP Mode
    2. Install the older version of Office in XP Mode (I used office 2003)
    3. Set up a profile in Outlook (XP Mode) that points to the PST file you are using in Outlook 2010 (Windows 7). Note that you will have to navigate through network places to get the the Windows 7 C: Drive from XP mode. If you get a message that the file is in use, make sure you have closed Outlook 2010, then wait a little longer for the file lock to be released and try again.
    4. Install Blackberry Destop Manager (DTM) in XP Mode (I used version 5.0.1)
    5. Connect your Blackbery to XP Mode using the USB dropdown at the top of the XP mode window.
    6. Set up your sync configuration in DTM to point to your XP Mode Outlook Profile.
    7. Sync your Blackberry.

Note that every time you want to sync you will need to close Outlook 2010 and wait a few minutes (not sure exactly how long the lock lasts after closing 2010). Then open the full XP Mode window and connect your blackberry to XP mode using the USB dropdown (need the full XP Mode window to be able to connect your blackberry via USB). Then start DTM in XP Mode and sync. Close out of XP mode and you can start using Outlook 2010 again.

Again, not the most elegant solution, but the only way i have found to use Office 2010 and still sync my blackberry.
    Not true! Use the leaked version of DM6. It works fine with OL2010 (32 bits) and you don�t need to do all this workaround. Read previous posts.
    08-09-10 11:55 AM
    Not true! Use the leaked version of DM6. It works fine with OL2010 (32 bits) and you don�t need to do all this workaround. Read previous posts.
    I have 2 laptops that I use, one is Windows Vista w/Office 2010 and general release of DM6, this one has never allowed me to setup Outlook 2010 as my organizer since 2010 has been installed.
    Second laptop, Win7, Office 2010, and prerelease DM6, this one has never had any problems setting up Outlook 2010 as the organzier for my BB.
    Ohhh just so everyone knows everything is 32bit.
    08-10-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks to you LarryMXL, I can use Outlook 2010 x64 on win 7 and outlook 2010 32 bit on virtual pc which will be my temporary fix until the 64 bit works.
    If you are running Windows 7 and also have an older version of Microsoft Office laying around (I used Office 2003) you can run Office 2010 under windows 7 and install the older version of Office under Windows XP virtual machine. While not an elegant solution, it will allow you to sync:

Close Outlook in Windows 7. It takes a few minutes for Outlook 2010 to release the lock on your PST file so just close it now.

1. Start Windows Virtual PC->Windows XP Mode
    2. Install the older version of Office in XP Mode (I used office 2003)
    3. Set up a profile in Outlook (XP Mode) that points to the PST file you are using in Outlook 2010 (Windows 7). Note that you will have to navigate through network places to get the the Windows 7 C: Drive from XP mode. If you get a message that the file is in use, make sure you have closed Outlook 2010, then wait a little longer for the file lock to be released and try again.
    4. Install Blackberry Destop Manager (DTM) in XP Mode (I used version 5.0.1)
    5. Connect your Blackbery to XP Mode using the USB dropdown at the top of the XP mode window.
    6. Set up your sync configuration in DTM to point to your XP Mode Outlook Profile.
    7. Sync your Blackberry.

Note that every time you want to sync you will need to close Outlook 2010 and wait a few minutes (not sure exactly how long the lock lasts after closing 2010). Then open the full XP Mode window and connect your blackberry to XP mode using the USB dropdown (need the full XP Mode window to be able to connect your blackberry via USB). Then start DTM in XP Mode and sync. Close out of XP mode and you can start using Outlook 2010 again.

Again, not the most elegant solution, but the only way i have found to use Office 2010 and still sync my blackberry.
    08-10-10 11:36 PM
    I have 2 laptops that I use, one is Windows Vista w/Office 2010 and general release of DM6, this one has never allowed me to setup Outlook 2010 as my organizer since 2010 has been installed.
    Second laptop, Win7, Office 2010, and prerelease DM6, this one has never had any problems setting up Outlook 2010 as the organzier for my BB.
    Ohhh just so everyone knows everything is 32bit.

i went back and totally removed DM5 and USB Drivers, rebiited uninstalled DM6. Reinstalled 6 to its default locations and settings and it is looking good so far. i had office on drive c, and all my BB on drive D.
    08-11-10 12:09 AM
    Which version of companionlink are you all using? I downloaded the trial version "express"and it did not work
    08-12-10 10:57 AM
407 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD