Sh..... I was quite eager to try out the new leak of DM, but it certainly does NOT solve the OL 2010 compatibility issue.
    07-22-10 11:25 AM
    Alright... forget the 5.x leak... DM 6 is coming out to the beta zone starting today apparently (see here).

Anyone in the Beta Zone get this yet and able to try it with Office 2010 (preferably with no previously 2007 install on the system)? Someone please give us hope that RIM will actually finally get this out to us!
    07-22-10 01:25 PM
    I downloaded CL and still no luck for me, I say the **** with it. I'm tired of the hold ordeal myself
    07-22-10 01:28 PM
    After reading this I just went back to 2007 until a fix comes out. Not a real biggie for me - I have 2010pro when they do get the fix. Works fine with 2007 so I'm not fighting this right now.
    07-23-10 08:37 AM
    After reading this I just went back to 2007 until a fix comes out. Not a real biggie for me - I have 2010pro when they do get the fix. Works fine with 2007 so I'm not fighting this right now.
    If you backed up to 2007, then setup your sync and reinstall 2010 32-bit. It will work great. Just don't change your sync settings.

I am not sure why people are upset about the 64-bit version of Office. It is not a 64-bit Windows problem, that works fine. The 64-bit version of Office should only be used by <1% of people. It is only beneficial for people working with Excel datasets larger than 2GB, which is unbelievably huge. There is no other reason to install the 64-bit version of Office, and in fact there are several drawbacks.
    07-23-10 03:15 PM
    Where did you find the version as 'click and run?' I checked mine under the 'help' area (as with all software) and it shows as Microsoft Home and Business 2010. I cannot find any reference to a 'click and run' version. I do remember when I loaded it, I could not run any applications until fully loaded and I believe the system rebooted.

Just double checking I don't have this click and run version.

Checking, Click to Run is a software purchased online vs. in the store. Mine was purchased in the store.

UDATE:
    I had downloaded the incorrect version of Companionlink. When I went to their site and checked the express version is CLX the version I downloaded was CLU. I downloaded the correct version and after doing all the functions (designating software, BB, etc), and finally figuring out exactly how to set up Outlook, it finally did the sync. It copied over everything I changed in my Outlook Calendar and Contacts to the Blackberry.
    My suggestion to someone who tries this is to make sure you go through all the setup boxes in the Companionlink for the setup of Outlook to Blackberry. There are more areas to setup than one would think. Also, once setup, no need to hit the Companionlink Sync Icon on the desktop. You need to sync via BB DM by hitting the sync button. When you hit the DM sync button, it opens a box that says calling up add on, then a small box from Companionlink opens on the desktop. At that point it starts to sync. Take a while longer than before using only DM and Outlook, but it does work.
    Probably a lot easier with an Android since I don't believe there is a DM type software for Android.

I will try it out everyday for the next 14 days, if it continues to do the job, I will purchase the software. It will be worth it.
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry for any confusion on about what version of CompanionLink is needed and how to sync. Let me try to lay out some information, and hopefully this should make some more sense.

To sync Outlook 2010 with BlackBerry, you can use either CompanionLink Express or CompanionLink Professional. For most people, CompanionLink Express (CLX) will do the trick. Here's the direct download link for the 14-day free trial - http://www.companionlink.com/downloa...clx40setup.exe

You will have to run through the CompanionLink settings, and then make sure that "Enable Add-in actions" within BBDM is checked. After you've confirmed that CompanionLink is showing up as an add-in, you can hit Synchronize from within BBDM (Don't hit synchronize in CompanionLink).

Hope this clarifies things!
    07-23-10 04:57 PM
    ok, so I finished skimming through all 19 pages. Is there no way to sync your BB with Outlook 2010? I cannot sync my calender, getting "no available message stores".
    07-23-10 10:07 PM
    ok, so I finished skimming through all 19 pages. Is there no way to sync your BB with Outlook 2010? I cannot sync my calender, getting "no available message stores".

As of right now, NO there is NO way,

Waiting for someone testing DM6 to see if it has been fixed yet
    07-24-10 09:26 AM
    Any idea on the desktop 6 BETA???
    07-24-10 10:02 AM
    As of right now, NO there is NO way,

Waiting for someone testing DM6 to see if it has been fixed yet
    Yes, there is. Install Office 2007, get everything syncing properly, then simply upgrade to Office 2010. Easy. Mine works fine.
    07-24-10 10:25 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I don't have 2007 to install. I'll have to wait for the DM update.
    07-24-10 10:37 AM
    ANYONE, how do you get CL to work when the DM has never been set!!!
    07-24-10 04:52 PM
    Just go to the Blackberry homepage and there you will find that the actual Desktop Manager is not working with Outlokk 2010. The updated version will be available in August.
    07-25-10 01:41 AM
    KB17149 - View Document
    Here you can find that the actual desktop manager is not working with outlook 2010. The updated version is announced for August this year.
    07-25-10 01:59 AM
    Anyone Running MS office 2010 and syncing Outlook with their Desktop Manager?

I have been trying to Sync DM 5.0 with Outlook 2010, and keep getting a Outlook Connector Error, "No Available Message Stores"

I have not been able to solve this and wondering if anyone has found a solution yet?

EDIT:

To save people from reading the entire thread,
    Currently NO version of Desktop Manager 5 syncs with Outlook 2010,

Waiting on Desktop Manager 6 Beta testers to give up thumbs up or down!
    It DOES work. I am using it right now. You just have to install Office 07 first, then you can either upgrade or remove 07 and install 2010. It will work perfectly then.
    07-25-10 11:40 AM
    It DOES work. I am using it right now. You just have to install Office 07 first, then you can either upgrade or remove 07 and install 2010. It will work perfectly then.
    I have edited to say that
    there is NO direct way with Outlook 2010, and DM 5, but there is 2 work arounds.
    07-25-10 01:37 PM
    I have edited to say that
    there is NO direct way with Outlook 2010, and DM 5, but there is 2 work arounds.
    This is true, after Outlook 2007 has been upgraded to 2010 at NO time should you ever reset your sync in DM or you will be back to square one
    Last edited by awill300; 07-25-10 at 07:05 PM.
    07-25-10 07:02 PM
    KB17149 - View Document
    Here you can find that the actual desktop manager is not working with outlook 2010. The updated version is announced for August this year.
    It is bad enough that there is a problem. RIM's double-talk only adds insult to injury:
    The Blackberry "Solution" Center post is bizarre. The overview contradicts itself. It first indicates that the 32 bit version of office 2010 should work: "Currently, BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 does not support Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit version for mailbox connectivity and synchronization of organizer data such as Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos."
    Subsequently, it indicates that no version of Office 2010 is supported by Blackberry: "The next release of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager provides support for Microsoft Outlook 2010 32-bit version only. This release is targeted for August 2010." This seems to be substantiated in the "workaround": "When the next release of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is available (targeted for August 2010), it will only have support for the 32-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2010. The 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported."

RIM, get your act together!
    07-26-10 09:15 AM
    If no 2007 to download, then you have to wait until sometime in August (per RIM), or purchase companionlink. I will verify that it does work. I have done three syncs since I installed it just to check that it continues to work.

To be honest (sorry Companionlink), not sure if it is necessary if you are staying with a BB since eventually, RIM will put out an update (I hope). But in my case, it will turn out to be beneficial since in a few months, I'm switching to the Android system, and they do not sync directly with Outlook, only via Google (and Google calendar sucks).
    You have a good point - if you are on the fence about buying CompanionLink, keep in mind we support other phone platforms such as Android, iPhone, Palm webOS (Pre and Pixi) and Windows Mobile. CompanionLink offers a lifetime license, so if you ever switch from a BlackBerry to another phone platform, chances are we'll support it with Outlook sync.

And f5fstop, we actually do support direct USB sync with Android - see www.companionlink.com/androidusb
    Last edited by companionlink; 07-26-10 at 10:25 AM.
    07-26-10 10:12 AM
    I've used CL, and yes it does work , however if you guys can make it easier (less settings, and also make it clear which version they should use) for some people that will be great.
    07-26-10 12:03 PM
    Guys... Desktop Manager 6 has leaked !! Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...er-6-a-502687/

Downloading now, will return and confirm that this version works with Outlook 2010.

Hoping, hoping!!
    07-26-10 04:51 PM

I can officially confirm that the leaked version of DM 6 works with Outlook 2010.

I tried this with a clean install of Outlook 2010 (no previous version of Office or DM). All Synch configuration works!!!
    At last!! Though it is a leaked version, it does the job. Mapping of fields between OL 2010 and DM6 works fine.. synch is

DM 6 has tons of new features, but obviously this was my major concern..

So, RIM finally did it... and for free.... sorry for the people of Companion Link, but I refuse to pay for something that has to be free!!
    07-26-10 05:42 PM

I can officially confirm that the leaked version of DM 6 works with Outlook 2010.

I tried this with a clean install of Outlook 2010 (no previous version of Office or DM). All Synch configuration works!!!
    At last!! Though it is a leaked version, it does the job. Mapping of fields between OL 2010 and DM6 works fine.. synch is

DM 6 has tons of new features, but obviously this was my major concern..

So, RIM finally did it... and for free.... sorry for the people of Companion Link, but I refuse to pay for something that has to be free!!
    Is that 32 bit or 64 bit Outlook 2010?
    07-26-10 06:06 PM
    Is that 32 bit or 64 bit Outlook 2010?
    32 bit version. 64 bit version still does not work, though you can now set the synch option to none.. and prevent the error message you got with DM5.

Microsoft recommends using the 32 bit version of Office 2010.. so imagine when will RIM release a DM version compatible with the 64 bit version of OL2010.
    07-26-10 06:34 PM
    please provide a quote for:
    2 - Download and install Companionlink
    07-26-10 10:34 PM
407 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD