Won't work for me either. Have Win7x64 and Office 2010. Get the same error message when I try to set up the link to Outlook.
    07-13-10 09:18 AM
    Does the iPhone sync with Office 2010 65Bit?
    07-13-10 10:05 AM
    Does the iPhone sync with Office 2010 65Bit?
    Yep, Apple iPhone supports Outlook 2010 64 Bit

From Apple Support
    iPod: Unable to sync data with Outlook 2010 64-bit version
    iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad should be able to sync with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Outlook 2010 using iTunes 9.2 and later.

Apple jumped to support it unlike RIM or even Microsoft phones are unable to sync with Outlook 2010 64 Bit.
    07-14-10 06:34 AM
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty comical that WinMo phones can't even sync with the 64-bit version. I will say though, after reading Microsoft's KB article on the 64-bit Office, I won't be using the 64-bit version. I use the 32-bit version and like it just fine. My excel spreadsheets are only a couple of megs, not a couple of gigs.

I am very disappointed in the lack of respect RIM has shown for their customers.
    07-14-10 03:42 PM
    I have just updated to Win7 64 and Office 2010 to discover that Outlook won't sync with my BB Bold 9700. My understanding is that RIM need to release a patch for this to happen.....very frustrating.......
    07-14-10 11:20 PM
    Still waiting !!!!
    07-15-10 09:31 AM
    How did you point Outlook 2007 to your Outlook 2010 pst file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm using your idea and it's working. In XP virtual machine mode, go control panel, folder options, and make sure that your views are set to show hidden files and system files. I forgot to do this, and was quite frustrated. Those kinds of settings in Windows 7 are not transferred to XP virtual.
    07-15-10 12:57 PM
    I searched BB Support Community Forum and found this:

RIM still not ready for Office 2010? - Page 2 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

We all may need to wait longer for a solution.
    What a lousy service.......
    07-15-10 01:12 PM
    Looks like there is no support. And if you are running Office 64bit, you are out of luck until 2011.

BB has posted this article:
    KB17149 - View Document

Very disappointing.
    07-15-10 05:53 PM
    There is some well informed comment on this issue. The frustration being obviously that Win7 and Office 2010 (64 bit) were all well on the way and to find RIM so totally lacking in foresight completely astounds me.
    Having made a well thought out (or so I believed!) and informed decision to move to the new future OS with benefits of speed and performance I am now completely hamstrung by the ineptitude of a supposed industry leader to keep pace with technical evolution.
    Having been a believer that this is what they are good at, my opinions are now severly under review.
    I am not a major Microsoft fan but it is all I have ever used and found them to be the masters of '"circular dysfunction" and as such have resisted being an "early adaptor", simply to avoid their constant, ongoing and necessary patches, updates and service pack releases just to be able to continue running my business!
    It now seems RIM are in the same behavioural pattern.
    Very very sad.
    As I mature in technical age (started with DOS & 640k Ram and 20mb HDD!) and well conditioned to "over promise and under delivery", Steve Jobs just might get some business from me quite soon!!
    07-15-10 07:23 PM
    There is some well informed comment on this issue. The frustration being obviously that Win7 and Office 2010 (64 bit) were all well on the way and to find RIM so totally lacking in foresight completely astounds me.
    Having made a well thought out (or so I believed!) and informed decision to move to the new future OS with benefits of speed and performance I am now completely hamstrung by the ineptitude of a supposed industry leader to keep pace with technical evolution.
    Having been a believer that this is what they are good at, my opinions are now severly under review.
    I am not a major Microsoft fan but it is all I have ever used and found them to be the masters of '"circular dysfunction" and as such have resisted being an "early adaptor", simply to avoid their constant, ongoing and necessary patches, updates and service pack releases just to be able to continue running my business!
    It now seems RIM are in the same behavioural pattern.
    Very very sad.
    As I mature in technical age (started with DOS & 640k Ram and 20mb HDD!) and well conditioned to "over promise and under delivery", Steve Jobs just might get some business from me quite soon!!
    07-15-10 07:24 PM
    According to Verizon Wireless Tech's, there is no sync relationship with 2010 and there is no patch to make it work. Blackberry's site has a notice on 2010 issues if you go to their support page and type in the Error Message "no available messages to store". Best answer for right now is to go back to 2007. Ughhhhh come on BB and catch up to the technology. Well, at least my calls don't get dropped....
    07-17-10 08:34 AM
    Goodbye Blackberry; Hello Droid!
    07-18-10 09:32 PM
    Thanks for the mention of CompanionLink! The whole Outlook 2010 issue is a bit interesting. CompanionLink has been supporting BlackBerry devices for years now, primarily for ACT! users (as Outlook sync has always been included with BBDM). When the Outlook 2010 beta was first announced, we went to work to make sure that our other products, like our Android sync, would be fully supported in Outlook 2010 32-bit and 64-bit. When the online community started making noise about the lack of Outlook 2010 support, put two and two together and realized we had a solution. Take a look at our video we just made to address the issue -

We still use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to run the sync - CompanionLink shows up as an addin within BBDM and is used to read/write Outlook 2010 data, while BBDM talks to the BlackBerry. CompanionLink also offers additional sync methods, such as using a Google account to wirelessly sync data. CompanionLink can be purchased for $49.95, and is completely free for 14-days. Download a trial at www.companionlink.com/blackberry. Thanks!

To answer some questions and state some opinions:

a) Microsoft Office (including Outlook) was made available to anyone who wanted to try it as a free beta, starting in November 2009. This is not something Microsoft was hiding from RIM or anyone else.

b) On an unknown date, Microsoft posted information for authors of programs, like Desktop Manager, that explained that some rewrite of such programs would be needed to work with the new version of Office. Here are the details:
    Building MAPI Applications on 32-Bit and 64-Bit Platforms
    Because there are many, many applications designed independently of Microsoft to work with Office (and other MS programs), it is the responsibility of those developers, in this case RIM, to keep abreast of the changes to programs they design to work with Office. Clearly, Outlook is a program relied upon by many, if not most RIM customers and to which they wish to sync. (I am neither an employee or even really a fan of Microsoft.)

c) In a post on another BB in a reply to a frustrated user of the beta version, RIM Tech Support posted, on May 4, 2010, �Office 2010 will be supported once when is available for consumers. That will be in June.� (This obviously was not the case and they were obviously aware of the problem.)

d) After some rather substantial frustration expressed here and elsewhere, and perhaps thousands of hours wasted by RIM customers, trying fruitlessly to sync and trying various workarounds, RIM posted a technical bulletin (dated July 9, 2010) entitled, �Support for Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit version,� stating that, �Currently, BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 does not support Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit version for mailbox connectivity and synchronization of organizer data such as Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos.� This further stated that, �When the next release of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is available (targeted for August 2010), it will only have support for the 32-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2010. The 64-bit version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 is not supported.�

e) An independent company, Sync Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile and more with Outlook, Lotus Notes, ACT!, Palm Desktop and Google | CompanionLink Software, presently offers a solution that allows the current version of DM to work with Outlook 64, but it costs $50. Apparently they anticipated the issue and did what was needed and will now generate major income from BB users who need to sync, but can't get service from RIM.

Summary opinions:

1) RIM knew or should have known that a new version of Outlook was being issued and that RIM customers would likely upgrade to this version and wish to maintain sync ability.

2) RIM did not modify Desktop Manager during the six months plus of beta availability of the program.

3) RIM apparently posted bogus information in at least one place on the Internet stating that the program would be modified in June 2010.

4) RIM did not widely disseminate information to its customers to help them avoid the frustrations and wasted time of trying to sync their new installations of Outlook, when this was not possible. Many customers likely wasted thousands of hours in total.

5) It is likely that most customers have installed the 32 bit version of Office 2010, as this is the one recommended by MS. It appears that support for those customers is coming sometime soon. Some customers will have installed the 64 bit version of Office 2010, considering that it is available at no extra cost and is likely the future default. Those customers are essentially being ignored by RIM and told that support may come sometime in 2011. Their only recourse is to uninstall the 64 bit version of Office and reinstall the 32 bit version, again wasting vast amounts of time. (There is no provision in Office to simply downgrade to 32 bit.)

6) What kind of company, generating the revenues and presumably desiring the loyalty of customers, treats them thus?
    07-19-10 10:18 AM
    we use an outside IT company and our guy checked with Blackberry and advised that 2010 does not sync with the desktop software. there are no fixes for it right now, we have to wait for RIM to get off their butts and make an upgrade.
    07-19-10 01:27 PM
    Companionlink
    Question.
    If I tried the software and it works for my Outlook 2010 32-bit and my current BB tour, will the same software sync my Outlook 2010 with my future phone, which will most likely be on the Android System.

I ask because my Tour's days are numbered, no more than four months before it is gone. At which time I will be switching to the Android line but would prefer to continue to sync my Outlook calendar with the Android since I hate Google's calendar option.
    Absolutely! CompanionLink has a modular design, so it's very easy just to switch the configuration to point to an Android device instead of a BlackBerry (meaning if you buy it now for your BlackBerry, you dont have to buy again when you change phones). CompanionLink can sync with Android via USB or wireless by passing contacts and calendar data through Google. More info at www.companionlink.com/android
    07-20-10 12:27 PM
    Goodbye Blackberry; Hello Droid!
    LOL Droid is not perfect i know i have both.
    07-20-10 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the mention of CompanionLink! The whole Outlook 2010 issue is a bit interesting. CompanionLink has been supporting BlackBerry devices for years now, primarily for ACT! users (as Outlook sync has always been included with BBDM). When the Outlook 2010 beta was first announced, we went to work to make sure that our other products, like our Android sync, would be fully supported in Outlook 2010 32-bit and 64-bit. When the online community started making noise about the lack of Outlook 2010 support, put two and two together and realized we had a solution. Take a look at our video we just made to address the issue -

We still use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to run the sync - CompanionLink shows up as an addin within BBDM and is used to read/write Outlook 2010 data, while BBDM talks to the BlackBerry. CompanionLink also offers additional sync methods, such as using a Google account to wirelessly sync data. CompanionLink can be purchased for $49.95, and is completely free for 14-days. Download a trial at BlackBerry Sync | Sync BlackBerry with ACT!, Outlook, Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop and more | CompanionLink Software. Thanks!

I installed Companion Link and configured it per the instructions, only to have Companion Link instruct me to "Please start the sync via Blackberry Desktop Manager." I did this, only to have the DM tell me that none of the applications are configured to sync, which I am unable to do because of the issue that is the subject of most of the posts on this thread. So I have gotten nowhere.

Very disappointed.
    07-21-10 01:52 AM
    On this subject...

I lost most of one day this week because my Outlook wouldn�t synchronize with my Blackberry (Tour). After discovering that the new Office 2010 product changed (after decades of consistency) the location and extensions of the Outlook data files, my BB Desktop Manager could no longer find the data files needed to synch my BB. Why BB hasn�t pushed out an update for this issue is another story and beyond my ability to understand.

So I downloaded Companion Link which reported to the masses that THEY came out with a solution that would work�didn�t work.

I contacted CL support who tried to get me connected with my BB. Like others in this forum I could only see the Android and Palm selections. CL support said I had downloaded the WRONG version of their software. I selected teh CL 4.0 Beta version when I should have selected the CL "Express: 4.0 version. I uninstalled, and reinstalled...

Once connected, CL support promptly directed me to delete my BB contact data before the first synch operation in order to get a clean first run. Only after this did we discover that the Office 2010 version I had (bought and paid for) was a version they could not support (some sort of Click-to-Run version that allows users to immediately start using the programs while the rest of the software downloads and installs in the background�who knew?).

CL support said I needed to contact MS to get the correct version before I could use their software�OK now we are into a couple hours and deep frustration�

I contacted MS Support. Madhuri from MS support in Bangalore India was more than happy to assist. She instructed me on how to give her access to my computer (scarrrry) and promptly took control. She uninstalled the software (and a few other things she said I didn�t need�nice) and linked me to the 589 MB download of the correct version. She let me go, sent me a support ticket and asked me to reply to the email when I was finished installing. Cool�but now another two hours into this process�

Upon installing the software, I was able to use CL and synch my BB once again. Everything worked correctly�until�

Just for ease of mind I opened the Outlook help page and checked the version I was using to be sure I had the right one after all. Funny, it said I had a trial version that would expire in 29 days�even though I entered my license key when I installed the product. So I sent Madhuri her response�

At 7 AM this morning I got a call from Madhuri�really? They can�t tell time zones over there in India?

Madhuri told me that I didn�t uncheck the trial version box when I installed the software and that I would have to uninstall the software again and reinstall without the check box checked. WHAT TRIAL VERSION CHECK BOX? Turns out it is in small print at the bottom of the license key entry screen that says �Also Install a trial version of Office 2010 Professional?� Why would I WANT TO DO THAT? And WHY WOULD IT LOCK MY PURCHASED VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE SO I CAN ONLY USE THE TRIAL THAT WILL EXPIRE IN 29 DAYS! So this morning I once again uninstalled the software, reinstalled the software�carefully unchecking the �trial version� check box and FINALLY! I have the software working correctly and my BB sync working great�at least until the next time/issue.

I hope this experience helps everyone on this Forum with this issue. Companion Link will work. First you need to go to the File tab in Outlook 2010, selcet Help and see if you have the Click To Run version of the Office/Outlook 2010. If so, you will need to do whaat I did above in order to get CL to recognize that you have a BlackBerry and are using 2010. Be sure you have downloaded the 4.0 Express version of CL.

And now back to the first confusing part of this whole process...HOW HARD COULD IT BE FOR THE SMART PEOPLE AT RIM TO UPDATE BB DM TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE?????

Apple/Mac/iPhone here I come!
    07-21-10 11:07 AM
    It is baffling and in fact very, very, disappointing to say the least. The fact that two major software companies (MS & RIM) couldn't produce a consistency and an update when for so long they knew about this issue is beyond me.

You are correct on the Companion Link site that if you walk yourself through the prompts and drop down lists you are taken to a choice of downloading the Express or the full beta version. Unfortunately I was told by the support person that I should have downloaded the Express version for this to work with BB. She was helpful but wasn't even interested in my explanation that I had done everything their web site said.

However, I am glad that CL was paying attention to this isssue and created a fix. I still think this is something RIM should have done and still should so we don't have to pay for a third party add-in to make DM work the way it should work.
    07-21-10 12:20 PM
    It's a RIM thing. They have announced that there will be a fix in BB Desktop software in August 2010 though only for the 32-bit version.
    07-22-10 04:15 AM
    I'm an Outlook 2010 and a BB 9700 user and also a RIM shareholder and RIM's lack of foresight is hurting my confidence, convenience - and pocket. Sadly, I never bought any Apple shares: just look at the difference in performance! I so like BB for the kinds of functions, reliability and apps thast suit my and my lifestyle..... but this raises my doubts about all these issues!
    07-22-10 04:25 AM
    There's a leak of a new version of DM over at driphter.com here. Version 5.0.1.40. Anyone had a chance to try it to see if it works properly with office 2010?

I'd try it but I'm currently set up with the work around (Office 2007 install then 2010 upgrade) and don't want to risk breaking that.
    07-22-10 09:50 AM
    There's a leak of a new version of DM over at driphter.com here. Version 5.0.1.40. Anyone had a chance to try it to see if it works properly with office 2010?

I'd try it but I'm currently set up with the work around (Office 2007 install then 2010 upgrade) and don't want to risk breaking that.
    I just tried it with no luck.
    07-22-10 09:52 AM

Nevermind... I found my answer in the crackberry post comments and it's not the news I was hoping for...

This does NOT fix the sync
    By: ka3yan | Date: Thu, 07/22/2010 - 03:27 |

This does NOT fix the sync issue with MS Outlook 2010. >:|
    07-22-10 09:52 AM
407 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD