--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried using CompanionLink, 14 day trial, and it "works" sortof ... maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have about 1800 contacts in Outlook and the synch process takes ... are you ready ... 2 hours to complete. If there are any CompanionLink users or employees on this board, I sure would like to find out what the problem is.
    Sorry - can't help you out on that one as I do not synch my contacts. My phone is personal and outlook is work. I need the calendar shared for 24/7 access to meetings/appointments and kids activities (one calendar for both). As a result, my phone contacts don't overlap much with my work contacts, thus don't synch contacts, only calendar and tasks. I do think even the calendar synch is slower than DM but slow is better than none for me right now.
    06-28-10 08:17 AM
    I'm using V 5.0.1.37 on my Storm 2. no problems. Just installed 2010 today.
    06-28-10 05:02 PM
    I'm using V 5.0.1.37 on my Storm 2. no problems. Just installed 2010 today.
    Sorry dude... you may have installed 2010 today... but synch with your BB via DM ONLY will ONLY work if you did an upgrade from Outlook 2007 with DM already configured ...

At this point it is a FACT that Outlook 2010 DOES not synch with DM... even RIM accepts this... So... if it works for you without coming from 2007... you are the only person in the world... lucky you are...

The rest of us, mortals, are patiently waiting for RIM to release a compatible version of DM...
    06-28-10 08:56 PM
    made my decision... went with a new motorola milestone
    sorry BB your going on ebay..
    06-29-10 01:58 PM
    made my decision... went with a new motorola milestone
    sorry BB your going on ebay..
    Sorry to hear that, can�t blame you!
    06-29-10 08:15 PM
    not saying i won't come back, i change my phone once a year and i was with BB for 5 years with 5 phones and no regrets at all.
    but i have to say that the milestone i picked up this morning is amazing
    06-29-10 08:19 PM
    I just purchased 2010 as well and sync won't work. I did some searching and the solution seems to be:

If you have Outlook 2007 and upgrade to Outlook 2010; it will sync your blackberry; otherwise you and ME are in trouble. I'm currently traveling and my 2007 CDs are at home.

If anyone finds a solution; please let me know.
    06-30-10 07:36 AM
    I just purchased 2010 as well and sync won't work. I did some searching and the solution seems to be:

If you have Outlook 2007 and upgrade to Outlook 2010; it will sync your blackberry; otherwise you and ME are in trouble. I'm currently traveling and my 2007 CDs are at home.

If anyone finds a solution; please let me know.
    Read the previous pages of this same thread.... It�s not just installing OL 2010 over OL 2007. You need to configure DM with OL 2007, before you do the upgrade to OL 2010.

This is not a solution... it�s just a workaround until RIM DECIDES to release a new version of DM...... Shame on them...
    06-30-10 08:25 AM
    I installed OL2010 2 weeks ago and i need my BB sync 6 days a week.
    Until now, RIM are not able to update the BB desktop software and it is horrible without the OL sync.

Meanwhile i am sick of waiting for an solution and shocked how long RIM needs to support a new OL version.

This means RIM isn�t a good solution for me in the future and i will change to iPhone 4 ASAP.

Most of my customers (i am a IT engineer with lots of customers) changed from BB to iPhone in the past and now it�s up to me to do the same, cause RIM isn�t able to fix thoose things.

Shame on RIM cause i used BB since 7 years and recommended BB all my customers.
    07-01-10 02:15 AM
    I am having the same issues as everyone else. I am getting the Error message "No Message Stores". It is driving me crazy I have had outlook for a week now and I depend on my blackberry cause i am away from my office alot. I would appreciate it if someone can figure it out to let me know I have tried jsut about everything.
    07-01-10 06:47 AM
    I am a new BlackBerry user and cannot express my disappointment enough at RIM. Even more so that there is no official response from RIM in this regards (or at least that I could find).

This is worse than not providing a free PDF reader with their device.

It is unprofessional and weak.
    07-01-10 08:03 AM
    Public beta of Office 2010 circa Nov 2009.

For RIM to not have a solution in place by now is absolutely unacceptable, especially considering they are touting an "enterprise" product.

I am already aware of some enterprises who are in the upgrade path to 2010.

My phone is due for upgrade shortly, and as the new Bold 9700 feels cheap compared to the 9000 I think I will be going to the dark side of Apple.

I am on Win 7 Enterprise X64 with X32 Office 2010 Professional. This is a fresh build, and of course, BB Desktop does not want to play.
    07-01-10 10:14 AM
    Ok first let me agree with everyone and be absolutely disgusted with RIM on this whole situation. That being said....

1. Start DM
    2. Change Sync config to sync with Windows Contacts/Mail
    3. Perform a sync
    4. Open Outlook 2010
    5. Go to File>Open>Import
    6. Choose �Import from another file or program�
    7. Choose �Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail�
    8. Complete the wizard
    If you do not have mail profiles set up on Windows Mail and only contacts, it will prompt you if you would just like to update messages and contacts. Say yes and it works like a dream.

Now that is taken care of, let the storming of the castle proceed. [/LIST]
    07-01-10 10:39 AM
    So which is better? Outlook or Lotus notes? I'm using Outlook right now but considering changing to Lotus notes since seems that big corporates are using lotus notes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 11:01 AM
    Does anyone know if OL 2010 changes the PST files in such a way that would prevent OL 2007 from working?

If not my idea is to leave OL 2010 installed and Install OL 2007 & DM in a Virtual machine on the same computer that will share the same PST files. My thinking is that when I go to sync I just close OL 2010, open my VM and sync my BB. Then close the VM and I have the best of both worlds until RIM releases a patch. I think I may give this a try. Anyone see any reason it wouldn't work?
    Last edited by gjcavana; 07-01-10 at 04:26 PM.
    07-01-10 04:21 PM
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I purchased a new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Outlook Office Home and Business 2010 installed. Transferred files from my old machine (running XP and Outlook 2007). Everything working fine with new version of Outlook 2010. Downloaded latest BB Desktop Manager and was working through the setup when I found there was no path to Outlook for the Calendar or Contacts. Phoned my local carrier's tech support and was transferred to advanced tech support. No one could help me. I even called RIM's tech support. Was told by a secretary (talking to a tech would cost me $49.95) they hadn't updated the Desktop Manager (or drivers, etc) as yet. I wrote emails to them and have never received the courtesy of a reply. I resent the email 3 times.

Sooo, here's what I did. Installed "Synch Outlook 2010" (see Sync Outlook 2010 data with phones, desktop software, and web-based services -- CompanionLink) and have it working fine. After installation it appears as an "add-on" in the BB Desktop Manager. Bummer part is it's $49.95 (14 day fully functional trial version of CompanionLink Express download is what I'm using for now). I was able to synch immediately and so far, I'm a happy camper. Tech there told me the software price is only guaranteed until end of July.

Hope this helps for those in dire need like me.

Regards,

Mike
    Blackberry_8703e
    Charlottesville, VA

PS I have no personal or financial contacts or interest in CompanionLink Software.
    07-01-10 05:07 PM
    Does anyone know if OL 2010 changes the PST files in such a way that would prevent OL 2007 from working?

If not my idea is to leave OL 2010 installed and Install OL 2007 & DM in a Virtual machine on the same computer that will share the same PST files. My thinking is that when I go to sync I just close OL 2010, open my VM and sync my BB. Then close the VM and I have the best of both worlds until RIM releases a patch. I think I may give this a try. Anyone see any reason it wouldn't work?
    I did this and it worked great. In Windows 7 I used the "Windows XP Mode" to create a virtual machine and installed Office 2007 in that VM pointing to the same PST file that my real Office 2010 install uses. I then installed DM in the VM and it works great. Now I can select DM from the VM and it updates seamlessly using OL 2007 even though I use OL 2010.
    07-01-10 07:15 PM
    Any official update from RIM?
    07-01-10 09:58 PM
    Apple iTunes initially had difficulty syncing Outlook 2010 with the iPhone in the Beta version, but overcame the issue in iTunes version 9.2. Based on Apples success, it is apparent that RIM has not put much energy into resolving the Desktop Manager incompatibility which was recognized in the Beta version.

I would have expected that RIM would have this incompatibility issue resolved with the Desktop Manager in time for the official release of MS Office 2010

Crackberry needs a banner across the website indicating that Blackberry's are incompatible with MS Office 2010.

This issue combined w/ Tmobile's lackluster network has me looking at the dreadful possibility that I may switch to AT&T or Verizon

Two cents....
    07-02-10 05:16 AM
    It is dissapointing to see that apple performs better than rim. Is RIM trying to make their own office suite?

07-02-10 07:56 AM
    It is dissapointing to see that apple performs better than rim. Is RIM trying to make their own office suite?

Even if this would be the case, RIM should still release ASAP an update for DM until they have their "own Office version".

I cannot believe the delay in this. Whole companies are seriously considering migrating to Windows Mobile as they depend on everyday synch with Outlook. An increasing number of companies, and individuals, have already upgraded to Office 2010 and this incompatibility with DM is very anoouying, to say the least!!!

07-02-10 09:56 AM
    I can confirm the above post that Companion Link ( Sync CRM/PIM data with phones, desktop software, and web-based services -- CompanionLink ) does sync with DM 5.0 and Outlook 2010 32 bit running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. BB is VZW 9650 running .732.

Be sure to download v3.0. I'd initially downloaded 4.0 but was getting errors. Called tech support and it turns out 4.0 is a beta, but it is not noted as such.

It is totally stupid to have to purchase a $50 program to sync with Outlook, but it is what it is.
    07-02-10 10:36 AM
    Dang... I fell victim to this problem too. Would have stayed with 2007 until the DM had the fix but like most, I didn't realize there was a problem until I had already upgraded. I guess I need to search next time before I upgrade. Sigh...
    07-02-10 03:38 PM
    I use Google e-mail account, so the solution was very simple for me. In fact, it works even better than desktop manager, as it synchronizes my contacts and calendar wirelessly and automatically - no cables needed. Plus, it's free and does not require enterprise server activation. I did the following:
    1. Installed "Go Contact Sync" (WebGear.co.nz | GO Contact Sync - synchronize your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail) to synchronize my Outlook 2010 contacts with my Google account contacts.
    2. Installed Google calendar sync (Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help) to synchronize my Outlook 2010 calendar with my Google account calendar.
    3. Finally, on my Blackberry device, installed Google Sync for Blackberry (Google Sync for your phone)
    All programs are free, but some of them are beta. Also, note that I had to tweak either Outlook 2010 executable file or Google sync executable file (it's quite easy, see: Sync Google Calendar & Outlook 2010 [Quick Fix]) in order to make it work hasslefree with Google calendar sync. This solution is working for me quite nicely. The only disadvantage is that this will not sync my memos. I have windows 7 (64bit) and Outllook 2010 (32bit) plus Blackberry Storm I.
    Having said that, I just ordered my Droid Incredible yesterday, expecting to get it within next three weeks. Goodbye RIM !
    Last edited by Mikee73; 07-03-10 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    07-03-10 12:59 PM
    I did this and it worked great. In Windows 7 I used the "Windows XP Mode" to create a virtual machine and installed Office 2007 in that VM pointing to the same PST file that my real Office 2010 install uses. I then installed DM in the VM and it works great. Now I can select DM from the VM and it updates seamlessly using OL 2007 even though I use OL 2010.
    How did you point Outlook 2007 to your Outlook 2010 pst file?

07-03-10 02:07 PM
407 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD