I also think it's quite pathetic on RIM's part for not being on the ball with this. It's not like they are lining up at Best Buy the day of release and then running back home to test with DM. As developers they'd have access to RTM and Technet copies of this and they should have been ready.
    05-13-10 11:46 AM
    I also think it's quite pathetic on RIM's part for not being on the ball with this. It's not like they are lining up at Best Buy the day of release and then running back home to test with DM. As developers they'd have access to RTM and Technet copies of this and they should have been ready.
    I agree 100%!!!
    05-13-10 11:59 AM
    I hope not!! I use Outlook as my default mail, contact, tasks and memo software in my business PC and notebook. Upgraded to official enterprise version of Office 2010 yesterday.... I need RIM to release an update...
    I�m tired of not being able to modify DM�s synch setting without using the fix described in this thread..
    then you shouldn't have done the upgrade! you knew it was broke before hand. I agree RIM should have fixed the problem by now but you still have to use common sense
    05-13-10 12:22 PM
    then you shouldn't have done the upgrade! you knew it was broke before hand. I agree RIM should have fixed the problem by now but you still have to use common sense
    I have been using the official Beta 2010, the leaked RTM and now the Official release... if you read my earlier posts in this same thread, you will see that I have been using the fix for this problem for months and patiently explained that as long as it remains beta.. RIM has no need to officialy realease a compatible DM version.

My issue is that now that Office 2010 has been officially released, and considering that this office suite is used by 81% of the people (according to Forrester Research) it is more than expected that RIM should now have a compatible version of DM ready.
    05-13-10 01:08 PM
    I agree 100%!!!
    that's what i was saying earlier but got shot down....RIM is always behind

I still remember it took them like 2 months to come up with the plazmic theme kit for the tour when it first came out
    05-13-10 01:38 PM
    that's what i was saying earlier but got shot down....RIM is always behind

I still remember it took them like 2 months to come up with the plazmic theme kit for the tour when it first came out
    My feeling is that in spite of RIM�s strategy of reaching a broader audience of customers, they still have very clear that BBs are a synonim of business users...
    Being Outlook such a massively used software in corporate environments, I would like to believe they will not take long in releasing the updated DM version for 2010.
    05-13-10 02:32 PM
    After scoping out the wonderful advice here and on other forums, here is what worked for me.

Office 2010 Pro Plus x86
    DM: 5.01.37

This was a clean install of Win 7 & Office on a new partition (dual boot to XP/Office 2003) and I used BackRex Outlook Backup to transfer my account info and settings to the new install.

Initially, of course, I was unable to sync my 8900, receiving the same "Message Store not found" message when trying to configure the sync settings.

I decided to try the (presumably) easiest solution first - installing OL 2007 without uninstalling OL 2010.

I was able to install OL 2007 and configure sync, but when I tried to sync, got "Function OpenMsgStore" error. Googling this pointed me to the following solution:
    Cause

Either the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile or the Intellisync configuration is invalid.

Resolution

Reset the Intellisync configuration by completing the following steps:

1. On the computer, open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Double-click the Synchronize icon.
    3. Select the Configuration tab.
    4. In the Advanced section, click Reset configuration.

Create a new MAPI profile through the Mail icon in the Windows Control Panel.

Basically, what I did was go through Control Panel>Mail, copy my profile to a new name, then delete and add back in the one MAPI email account I had.

After rebooting, I was able to run sync, with one error, which apparently self-corrected the second time I tried.

Now for the real test, I tried to reopen OL 2010, but it wouldn't start due to having the wrong version of olmapi32.dll (installed from OL 2007). I did a repair install of Office 2010 to overwrite that back and now BB syncs and OL 2010 works.

Haven't yet tried to reconfigure DM sync, but don't really need to at this point. Not sure if I can now uninstall OL2007 now or not?

Edit: It appears that one MUST uninstall OL2007 after setting up sync as otherwise Microsoft update will again overwrite the olmapi32.dll that OL2010 needs to work. After running MS Update and rebooting, my OL 2010 would no longer work, so I uninstalled OL2007, rebooted, did a repair install of OL2010, and sync still works.

Now I think I can put my hoops back in the closet for a little while.
    Last edited by grfxguy; 05-15-10 at 02:57 PM.
    05-13-10 06:25 PM
    I can not believe this hasn't been sorted yet. Does NO ONE have any idea when?
    05-26-10 05:28 AM
    I saw a post on a Microsoft board that mentioned June but I've seen nothing official. There is an official document on RIM's site stating that it is a problem though they offer no ETA on a fix. It sucks, but I guess most business clients would be on BES (and therefore wouldn't need DM to sync Outlook) and most business clients aren't early adopters so they're probably just upgrading to 2007 by now. I still wish they'd get on with it though.
    05-27-10 12:45 AM
    I use BES AND BIS, and have been running OL 2010 for a while, I cannot believe that RIM has not been able to release a fix for this issue!!

I need DM and I am tired of using the old trick of installing OL 2007 first....

Come on RIM, we are all getting very.... very angry..

We have had more than enough patience by now!!

I do not want to use a paid app to synch my device.. I want to use RIM�s provided DM...
    05-27-10 06:43 AM
    This issue along w/ T-Mobiles degrading service is making the iPhone & iPad look much more appealing.
    05-28-10 05:00 AM
    After scoping out the wonderful advice here and on other forums, here is what worked for me.

Office 2010 Pro Plus x86
    DM: 5.01.37

This was a clean install of Win 7 & Office on a new partition (dual boot to XP/Office 2003) and I used BackRex Outlook Backup to transfer my account info and settings to the new install.

Initially, of course, I was unable to sync my 8900, receiving the same "Message Store not found" message when trying to configure the sync settings.

I decided to try the (presumably) easiest solution first - installing OL 2007 without uninstalling OL 2010.

I was able to install OL 2007 and configure sync, but when I tried to sync, got "Function OpenMsgStore" error. Googling this pointed me to the following solution:
    Cause

Either the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile or the Intellisync configuration is invalid.

Resolution

Reset the Intellisync configuration by completing the following steps:

1. On the computer, open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Double-click the Synchronize icon.
    3. Select the Configuration tab.
    4. In the Advanced section, click Reset configuration.

Create a new MAPI profile through the Mail icon in the Windows Control Panel.
    Basically, what I did was go through Control Panel>Mail, copy my profile to a new name, then delete and add back in the one MAPI email account I had.

After rebooting, I was able to run sync, with one error, which apparently self-corrected the second time I tried.

Now for the real test, I tried to reopen OL 2010, but it wouldn't start due to having the wrong version of olmapi32.dll (installed from OL 2007). I did a repair install of Office 2010 to overwrite that back and now BB syncs and OL 2010 works.

Haven't yet tried to reconfigure DM sync, but don't really need to at this point. Not sure if I can now uninstall OL2007 now or not?

Edit: It appears that one MUST uninstall OL2007 after setting up sync as otherwise Microsoft update will again overwrite the olmapi32.dll that OL2010 needs to work. After running MS Update and rebooting, my OL 2010 would no longer work, so I uninstalled OL2007, rebooted, did a repair install of OL2010, and sync still works.

Now I think I can put my hoops back in the closet for a little while.
    Having read this I Googled it and found that it has been said to work on a number of other websites.

I have not tried it myself because me shiny new Dell Studio 1745 laptop has freely elected to no longer boot. I cannot even get to POST so it's gone back to Dell.

Assuming this works, then here is the fix until RIM produces a final update or, Microsoft issue a final version to the public with the old API. It may even be there in the Corporate release.

Meanwhile, try the above. If it works - again - please say so here. If it does work, and it should, then we owe big thanks to grfxguy.
    05-28-10 05:29 AM
    just posting to suscribe to this thread, i can't believe that i can't sync with office 2010...
    waiting for any update!
    06-07-10 12:30 PM
    just posting to suscribe to this thread, i can't believe that i can't sync with office 2010...
    waiting for any update!
    rim should release a beta of whatever they think will work with 2010 (will ms even release 2010 before 2011?)
    06-07-10 04:46 PM
    for now i installed 2007. it works well anyway, i'm just pissed that i have to go back to use my bb
    06-07-10 07:50 PM
    I�ve been running the OFFICIAL Office 2010 for just over 20 days now (Volume Licensing)... and still no update for DM!!!!

I�m really pissed!!!!
    06-10-10 07:21 AM
    and to top it off - how much you want to bet that when it gets done it'll support 32 bit only ? (which I understand works anyway).
    06-10-10 09:58 AM
    Oh, I find this really disappointing, I lost my sync configuration, I am running Office 2010 and Windows 7, after reading 10 pages of posts, oh no...I hope an updated version of BB Desktop Manager comes out any second.

I think Blackberry should have a new version of Desktop Manager, Office 2010 and Windows7 are no longer beta products. I uninstalled Outlook 2010, installed outlook 2007, and then recreated the relationship with desktop manager sync., I did a sync, downloaded several hundred duplicate emails, then uninstalled outlook 2007, and reinstalled outlook 2010 and everything is working as it should, I now have to delete a ton of duplicate emails.

Thanks for the tips and solutions that I found on this page.
    Last edited by basilb; 06-13-10 at 05:42 PM.
    06-13-10 12:14 PM
    Thanks for all the great posts, info and research. For a variety of reasons, our IT department is not willing to install both 2007 and Office 2010 or even roll us back. As a result, there are a couple posts that refer to a paid product that will sync.

Not that I or anyone else should have to as RIMM should have this resolved, but I am interested in spending some money if there is a third party app out there that will get me synched? Been double entering everything in BB and in Office but summer schedules with work and kids are making that impossible. Hope someone can point me to a solution other than waiting for RIMM.

Thanks.
    06-13-10 10:21 PM
    Anyone Running MS office 2010 and syncing Outlook with their Desktop Manager?

I have been trying to Sync DM 5.0 with Outlook 2010, and keep getting a Outlook Connector Error, "No Available Message Stores"

I have not been able to solve this and wondering if anyone has found a solution yet?

The work around is:

If you already have Outlook 2010 installed:

Uninstall BB DM - Reboot
    Uninstall Office 2010 - Reboot
    Remove all of the files / directories / registry entries

Install Outlook 2007 (or earlier) and configure
    Install BB DM and configure - Reboot
    Sync a couple of times

Upgrade to Office 2010.

CCleaner is a good utility to uninstall programs and clean the registry.
    06-13-10 11:57 PM
    Come on RIM - this is really bad for your rep. It's now mid June and the promised fix has not appeared yet.

RIM #Fail
    06-14-10 02:41 PM
    I just switched from Time & Chaos to Outlook 2010 and was having the same problem as the posters. Then I remembered that I had an addon to sync with T&C. I checked their website and they had updated their program to handle Outlook. So, for $40, you can purchase Companion Link and sync with Outlook 2010. I just did it. Below is a link to the trial software page.
    Downloads

Good Luck. It is a shame that it costs extra to do something that should be built into the program.
    06-15-10 09:44 AM
    Having read this I Googled it and found that it has been said to work on a number of other websites.

I have not tried it myself because me shiny new Dell Studio 1745 laptop has freely elected to no longer boot. I cannot even get to POST so it's gone back to Dell.

Assuming this works, then here is the fix until RIM produces a final update or, Microsoft issue a final version to the public with the old API. It may even be there in the Corporate release.

Meanwhile, try the above. If it works - again - please say so here. If it does work, and it should, then we owe big thanks to grfxguy.
    I'm new to Blackberry and couldn't figure out why I couldn't sync to 2010. Anyways... After some searching, I found the incompatibility issue.

I left my Office 2010 (beta) install alone. All I did was to install Office 2007 (I'm assuming the trial works just as well if someone doesn't have a disk) while leaving my 2010 in place on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I started up Outlook 2007 once, afterwards I immediately uninstalled it. I restarted Outlook 2010 (beta) and had a few issues so I just exited and hit "repair install" in Control Panel ----> Programs and Features. That's it. Works great now.

I just upgraded to the official release of Office 2010 x32 and have still retained all synching abilities. Just a warning... I'm assuming that installing Office 2010 x64 will not allow synching and will need a special version of Desktop Manager.
    06-15-10 02:11 PM
    Wow. Official release date has come and gone with no update from RIM.

Brutal.
    06-15-10 11:34 PM
    I just switched from Time & Chaos to Outlook 2010 and was having the same problem as the posters. Then I remembered that I had an addon to sync with T&C. I checked their website and they had updated their program to handle Outlook. So, for $40, you can purchase Companion Link and sync with Outlook 2010. I just did it. Below is a link to the trial software page.
    Downloads

Good Luck. It is a shame that it costs extra to do something that should be built into the program.
    Just downloaded trial software and configured. Worked great. Using the free trial for 14 days and will see if RIM comes through - not holding my breath.

Just FYI if others go the Companionlink direction, leave DM in place. I removed mine prior to installing Companionlink thinking it might conflict only to find out it's required. Thanks for the link scottr303 - I finally have an updated calendar.
    06-16-10 11:35 AM
407 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD