hi all

i am trying to download some music to my storm but the media manager on my desktop is 'greyed out' so it doesn't give me the option to access this!!!! anyone else had this problem????!!
    06-06-09 06:25 AM
    mines the same way.. I tried asking about this before on here and no one knew why that was
    06-06-09 06:32 AM
    un-hide the icon
    06-06-09 06:50 AM
    i have no option to unhide - i get no options at all!!!
    06-06-09 07:00 AM
    I think it's a bug. I had this problem too. I uninstalled it and delete all records from my pc. Then I rebooted and installed DM again. Now it works. Make sure you have DM with MM in it. There's 2 different versions of DM.
    06-06-09 08:16 AM
    Why use Media Manager to transfer music? Just enable Mass Media Mode (Options ~ Memory) and then use win explorer to copy and paste .
    06-06-09 08:27 AM
    or if you can't run it from within desktop manager, just find in the Roxio folder in program files and run it from there
    06-06-09 09:11 AM
    I think it's a bug. I had this problem too. I uninstalled it and delete all records from my pc. Then I rebooted and installed DM again. Now it works. Make sure you have DM with MM in it. There's 2 different versions of DM.
    It is not a bug. You are not installing the Roxio media manager with the DM. In a way it is kinda like advertising a feature that you still need to install.
    06-06-09 09:45 AM
    It is not a bug. You are not installing the Roxio media manager with the DM. In a way it is kinda like advertising a feature that you still need to install.
    You're wrong. I tried installing and reinstalling. I had to completely remove it and do a fresh install. Then it worked. .
    06-06-09 03:29 PM
    You're wrong. I tried installing and reinstalling. I had to completely remove it and do a fresh install. Then it worked. .
    I am not wrong, you did one of 2 things when you installed it. 1. You downloaded the file without the media manager. Or 2. You did a custom install and unchecked the box for roxio. You doing either of those 2 things does not make it a bug.
    06-06-09 03:50 PM
    I am not wrong, you did one of 2 things when you installed it. 1. You downloaded the file without the media manager. Or 2. You did a custom install and unchecked the box for roxio. You doing either of those 2 things does not make it a bug.
    Man I'm not gonna sit here and argue back and forth about it.

I downloaded the 212mb DM w/MM. I installed it normally. The file for DM wo MM is only like 88mb. I tried to re-install and do a repair install. It wouldn't work until I did what I stated above. But I guess you would know more than me with all those posts.

Whatever.
    06-06-09 03:56 PM
    Man I'm not gonna sit here and argue back and forth about it.

I downloaded the 212mb DM w/MM. I installed it normally. The file for DM wo MM is only like 88mb. I tried to re-install and do a repair install. It wouldn't work until I did what I stated above. But I guess you would know more than me with all those posts.

Whatever.
    My whole point is you fracking up on the install doesnt make it a bug.
    06-06-09 04:34 PM
    View Post
    Guys, you are both correct so stop fightiong about it. There are at least 2 installs of DM around, one with Roxxio and one without. It is also possible to omit Roxio even if you have the full feature version installer.

I have already removed one ill-considered post. Please get back on topic and try to help the OP who needs to get things working.
    06-06-09 04:50 PM
    I did not install Roxio on my pc. Worked fine until the patch yesterday. Ran Chkdsk /f on the PC. It will tell you that chkdsk will run after you restart the pc. Apparently there was a bad file with this patch that affected my pc. After I ran that on my pc, DM worked fine with no grey out of DM.
    06-06-09 05:25 PM
    Thanks for your help guys...i'll see what happens next!!!!!
    06-07-09 05:10 AM
    I have this same issue also. I specifically installed the media manager version of DM and ran the FULL install and the button is greyed out. I tried to reinstall and still no dice. So I guess I will remove it in its entirety and try again as suggested above.

Thanks to those above who actually tried to help
    06-09-09 07:04 PM
    but can you run media manager directly (without launching from within desktop manager) ?
    06-09-09 08:19 PM
    but can you run media manager directly (without launching from within desktop manager) ?
    Never tried in the 30 mins that I had it on my PC. I manage everything through windows explorer. It is much faster that way.
    06-09-09 08:32 PM
    Mine also had a bad file from the CD and would not install or repair. I just drag and drop, much easier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD