Ok So My Messenger Like I Said In My Other Post Messed Up So I Zapped My Phone And Did The Master Reset... Well I Turned It Back On And The Phone Didnt Have The Messenger So I Took The Battery Out Nad When I Power It Back On It Had Delted All My Web Settings And Cut Off My Service... I Am So Lost And All I Want To Do Is To Get My Phone Back To Working And To Have Bbm On It

Also How Do I Use The Desktop Manager To Get Bbm Back On The Phone....
    10-21-09 12:19 AM
    Do you have a backup file? Do you have a copy of your BB OS installed on your computer?

If you have these 2 things, you can get everything back, except possibly 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 12:39 AM
    i did back my phone up and i got the net back on it it had deleted my browser but i got that back just now.... and for the OS no i dont have that on my pc. how do i get that?
    10-21-09 01:02 AM
    Find out what OS is on your BB, Options, About. Third line down.

What is your device and what carrier are you on? I can't see it, I'm on wap.

10-21-09 01:14 AM
    ok, slow down... you performed a master reset of your device, i presume you also wiped all of your user data, i know that you wiped all of your user settings and you probably even wiped all of your installed 3rd party apps. just for the future, a master reset is not your first option when a single app goes awry.

alright, i hate to make you repeat yourself, but please, recap these events for me again, and include more specifics like, OMG all my address book entries are gone too, etc. also, had you recently performed a backup of your device using BBDM? what device OS are you running? to find this, hit and hold alt>right shift>h what "App Version:" does it list? furthermore, since i don't know where your "other post is" what version of BBM were you installing on your Curve? Does, "and cut my service off" mean that there is a little antenna where your signal strength used to be with "OFF" beside it? btw, if your service is off, how do you know that your master reset deleted all of your web settings? if you can give me answers to all these questions, i can issue the golden key that unlocks the door to the short-path through the BULLSH!#...
    10-21-09 01:27 AM
    haha yall are great and my OS is 4.3, my carrier is Cellular South... and for the forst thing that happened was when i was tryin to download the new 5.0 messenger and it screwed up and deleted all my stuff so after that happended i had been told to do a master reset so i saved and backed up my phone on my laptop.... next i tried to reinstall the bbm *the old version* and it wont install... i have no phone back on the service, it had just gotten turned off so i had to go to manage my connections, i got all that fixed now...
    10-21-09 01:34 AM
    BBM 5 is only for OS 4.5 and you have to have a version at least 4.5.0.80 to run it.

10-21-09 01:38 AM
    o so that is why it messed my phone up, i didnt know that... wished i did... so how am i suppose to get bbm back on my phone now
    10-21-09 01:41 AM
    You can either download the latest official OS from your carrier, or the latest OS for your device (8330) stickied at the top of this forum (4.5.0.175). Your choice.

You will choose to have BB Messenger installed with the upgrade (v4.7). Then you can do the OTA download of BBM 5, and restore from your backup file.

10-21-09 01:45 AM
    ok man thanks i will try to down load the sticky first
    10-21-09 01:50 AM
    ok man thanks i will try to down load the sticky first
    do you know how to upgrade/install an os without using BBDM?
    10-21-09 01:55 AM
    do you know how to upgrade/install an os without using BBDM?
    Why don't you give him the link?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

10-21-09 02:00 AM
    Hi I m new to this site and I ve reading your posts. I got a 2nd hand BB 8310 curve and the only thing working was the phone, so I used CrackUtil, and followed the instructions but after doing it, I realize my phone application is a V4.2.2.170, platform version 2.5.0.30 so I havent been able to install the update to the BB.
    Can you direct me step by step, so I can fix it ?
    Thanks a lot
    J.P
    My carrier is Cingular AT&t:
    10-21-09 08:48 AM
    Why don't you give him the link?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

thank you guys/gals so much.... i will try and get it uplaoded right away, i have dialup so i will have to go to town or school and download this new OS! dang i am glad yall are out there and can help ppL!
    10-22-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD