I just bought a Pearl 8130 from Verizon.

I can sync it on my mac using PocketMac with no problem. My problems start when I insert a memory card to my pearl and enable mass storage mode. My mac will see the drive mount it and after about 20" or so give me a message that the drive was removed as the blackberry locks up. My blackberry will have a solid red light and be completely unresponsive - I have to remove/re-insert the battery to get it to restart.

I thought it may be doing that as spotlight attempts to index the volume when it mounts, so I disabled that by placing a .metadata_never_index file on the memory drive (oh yes the memory drive does work with I connect it to my Mac using the card reader instead of the phone itself).

I would like to move files back and forth freely and often without having to remove the memory card however.

My suspicion is that my mac is trying to do something to the drive that the blackberry does not like, so the blackberry panics and shuts down Has anyone else seen this?

-John
    01-23-08 08:28 PM
    I've got the same issue and doing a search on this and other forums, it seems to be a known error with the 8130. No work around known using USB Mass Storage, I just take the card out and use my card reader to transfer info.
    01-25-08 08:51 AM
    I was having trouble transfering music and podcasts to my pearl from my mac. I had the USB cable and set the Pearl for Mass Storage. I was trying to drag files into my music folder but noticed i can drop it onto the pearl (root level) instead and it's much more stable. Once the files are transfered I can move them with drag and drop into the music folder. Not as painless as syncing with itunes (and pocket mac doesn't work) but at least I have everything I want on my pearl and love it!
    01-29-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD