i personally have been an it geek for most of my life and used windows along side linux for alot of it but have recently brought a macbook to aid me in a networking degree and have found that macs are good dont get me wrong but there is not enough companies that support the mac's which does wind me up. Windows set up there software to support any config where as mac produce there os just for there own systems and we as mac fans pay for it. The disc that came with my blackberry does not even work in my mac but its great to join an apprication group too
    10-03-08 01:20 PM
    Gotta love the mac baby! Ive been using one since 2003. Currently im rockin a 2007 MacBook Pro with a clear speck sheild.

I use a berry 8330 on vzdub to go along with it, and I love 'em both!
    10-04-08 05:49 PM
    Is there a forum like CB for Mac? I've learned so much here I would love to do the same with my Mac.
    10-05-08 07:02 PM
    Sure, Mac is the way nowadays =) I'm a photographer, and I use an iMac 20" with 2.4GHz intel core duo processor and 4GB memory to do my editing stuff, a 17" Macbook pro for image capture, and a 12" Powerbook G4 for my administration work.

I also use BB 8310 Crimson, and I love it! I don't care about desktop manager, i just need Pocketmac to keep my life organised and synced.

I do however still keep a PC running a 3GHz intel that I switch on from time to time to do an OS upgrade for my BB 8310

And no, I won't install Winblows on any of my Mac, that would be blasphemous

I just hope one day RIM would realize that they HAVE to release Desktop Manager for Mac, so that i can finally ditch my PC. Hehehe
    10-08-08 11:37 AM
    Love love love my Mac. Currently have a MacBook... Been a Mac User since '99. I know quite a bit about Macs, so when I got a BlackBerry Curve I was a little irritated that I couldn't figure everything out. I feel like Im kind of getting the hang of it but totally a newbie still. No idea about how to sync it to get the music from iTunes still, so if someone could please please pleeeeesee give me some more info on the pocket mac or some other tips that worked for them that'd be soo rad!  -Allie
    Last edited by alliemccann; 10-09-08 at 04:05 AM.
    10-09-08 03:56 AM
    Quality\Systems\IT professional here:

I went to a MacBook Pro 14 months ago (at home).

My wife used it for 3.5 minutes and said she had to have one immediately. Got her a MacBook.

Switched the router from a Cisco to the Time Capsule /n.

Just bought the daughter her own MacBook off of ebay.

The migration is complete and I'm NEVER going back to PCs! Now if I could just get them to switch at work...

It's kind of funny (from this side anyway), I started a business on the side fixing virus\malware laden PCs and I have all the business I can handle.
    10-09-08 07:33 AM
    !!!!

I just wish pocketmac would work with my Bold!!
    (macbook 2.2ghz)
    10-09-08 09:13 AM
    Macbook pro 2.2 GHz 4 gigs of ram and vmware fusion for my BB 8130 soon to be storm!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 10:14 AM
    I've been a PC guy forever. I bought a MacBook back in March at the age of 26. I love the thing. Since then, I've become the "Mac Guy" at work, and they even bought me a new MacBook Pro!
    10-09-08 11:43 AM
    Im A mac User A Mini And A Macbook...Love My New BB Curve I Am New TO BB But Ill Never Leave.
    10-12-08 02:53 PM
    Got a MBP and just got my first BB, a Curve 8330, although I am hoping the Storm comes out in the next 26 days so I can trade in the Curve. Currently using Missing Sync, which I think works decent. There are a couple of things that bug me about syncing with iCal but it's nothing I can't get over. Became a Mac user in College, where I was studying Visual Journalism. It became pretty apparent that I was going to need a mac for photo/video/web etc. so I made the switch and haven't wanted to go back yet.
    10-12-08 03:05 PM
    I had a pc for lonnnngggg time and I had problems left and right with it. One day it crashed on me 2 times, and that is the day I bought me a MacBook Pro. I have never looked back, I love it.
    10-12-08 03:07 PM
    Im A mac User A Mini And A Macbook...Love My New BB Curve I Am New TO BB But Ill Never Leave.
    I love my G5 for everything internet, pictures and music. HATE it for the BB. I keep the old Dell laptop limping along just for the Blackberry. If by Mini, you're talking about the Cooper, I'm there! Got a silver Clubman in March and the bluetooth works great with the Pearl. Funny, the Mini owners are just as clan-ish as Blackberry owners!
    10-12-08 03:09 PM
    Mac addict here! using Macbook with Leopard, and over a week ago switched from iphone to bb! yay!
    10-12-08 04:13 PM
    I have an iMac 2GHz Intel running Leopard 10.5.5 and an AT&T 8310 Curve.

I am a frustrated PocketMac sync user. I works some, but other times it is hardly worth the effort with dupes and complete non-syncs.

I'm looking forward to the actual OS X Desktop Manager. I don't care if we do represent 4% of the computing world. It is nice to get some love!
    10-12-08 06:49 PM
    I've had eleven Macs over my lifetime, from the SEII with it's cute little floppy drive. I love Macs, I love my ipod, and I love my Blackberry.

I don't want an iPhone!

So please please please someone tell me why they cannot resolve the sync issues. Pocket Mac is terrible and my Missing Sync is hit or miss. Last week I missed a meeting because it had not been copied over when Missing Sync told me the two devices were synchronized.

Someone -- someone -- tell them to get the BBerry in sync with its fellow fruit!
    10-14-08 10:44 PM
    I got into Macs july of 2007, a week after I bought an iPhone. I bought a MacBook Pro.

Several months later, I bought an iMac, then a black MacBook and then finally, a Mac Pro. I still used my two HP laptops and decided I liked using them much better and sold the two MacBooks on eBay. I use the MacPro as my main computer now though I am typing this on an HP laptop.

Macs can crash just like a Windows machine and I've had all of mine crash several times.

I love the Macs I have and my HPs also!
    10-15-08 06:09 AM
    I gotta ask what you're doing to get a mac to crash several times......
    10-15-08 07:41 AM
    I gotta ask what you're doing to get a mac to crash several times......
    Mostly just internet stuff, surfing etc on my iMac. I've had everything just freeze to where nothing worked and only had the spinning beach ball. Powering off was the only way to stop it. My Mac Pro also locked up once recently but I can't remember what I did to make it happen.
    10-15-08 07:45 AM
    *cringe* which os? I had a G3 iBook with 10.4.11 (or 12, whatever the newest OS is) with 384mb of ram and never really had any of that stuff happen.....other than websites that were WAY overloaded with multimedia crap.....
    10-15-08 05:44 PM
    I've been using PCs for over 15 years. I just bought my first MacBook eight months ago and never looked back. It's the best laptop I've ever used. Though, I still use my other computer which is a PC.

The only gripe I have about the MacBook is that there's a lot of software that doesn't work on there (and no I don't want to install Windows on my MacBook!).
    10-15-08 07:53 PM
    Another MacBook User here that makes a living cleaning the crap off of PC's. I also made the switch from the iPhone to the BB and really enjoyed selling the iPhone on ebay. 
    10-15-08 09:36 PM
    My name is Josh and I have a Mac. And a BB. I just bought it today and I'm crazy excited to figure it all out!!!
    10-15-08 09:40 PM
    Hello my handle name is "carl d'mua" and i to, am a Mac addict.

mac book pro 15".

i need tons of help, i just got internet on my BB 8100 and im loving it but its quite an overload on apps. all my messages and emails and bb ims and BB email is in every message box. its kinda messy to me.. but i dont know how to regulate this to just have it all in its special box! any info would help..

thanks guys.. nice to meet you to!

-ernie
    10-16-08 11:06 PM
    I am here at my iMac 24'' 2.8 GHz
    totally addicted. Pitty that Mac doesn't support BlackBerry completely and as smoothly as Windows does. Any argues - proove, I wanna be wrong
    10-17-08 08:15 PM
966 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD