I'm getting my Curve 8330 from Sprint today, and I'm typing on my 15.4 inch Macbook Pro with a 2.4Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160GB with Leopard, on which I also run XP through Parallels for Visual Basic and C++ coding. I have a quick question. Is there a good, free solution to connect my Curve with my MBP? Missing sync costs about $30, and will be my only option if no one else has anything worth recommending. Thanks!

*Edit* - Sorry, "". I'm in the club now, right?
    09-22-08 03:29 PM
    a Mac Tablet would definitely be cool

And that is so awesome you got a FREE MAC!! whaaaaat?! What school do you go to?
    Hahha its called Harriton High School right outside of Philadelphia Pennsylvania in the Main Line. We're the second best public district in the country so they spoil us hahha. We've gotten new macs (like totally upgrade every computer in the school) three times in the past two years. Totally pointless but I'm not complaining haha and yesss a mac tablet would be AWESOMEEE!
    09-22-08 04:57 PM
    Another lover here from Holland since 1998. My wife has a Pearl and a white macbook and I have a Curve and a Macbook Pro. Ordered the Bold (should arrive this week). At home we have a G5. Converting as many people as possible to the mac.
    Updating the os through Parallels, running 4.5 os now.

Synching OTA through hosted exchange.

greetings from Holland
    09-22-08 06:17 PM
    Hello, I too am a addict. I a Black MacBook and 5th gen 80 gig iPod in black too. I bought them both at the same time over two years ago. I just love my and BB.
    09-22-08 06:50 PM
    Hi, I'm a new imac convert! Just taken delivery of a shiney new 20" imac and lovin' it,no more windows issues for me.
    Now just gotta get my BB pearl hooked up and I'll be a happy camper
    09-24-08 06:39 PM
    I switched from WINTEL to Apple in 07. I bought a 20" iMac and then got the 8300 (ATT) to replace the last in my series of Nokia mobiles. I am now a confirmed  and BB addict. I just wish RIM and Apple could learn to play together. Its a bit ridiculous that I need to keep an old Windows laptop around for my BB.
    09-24-08 10:27 PM
    Die hard Mac-fanatic! Running a 17" iMac G5 and a new 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo Macbook (love it!). I also sport an 8GB iPod touch and an older Nano. In addition to myself I've created 9 other Mac lovers including my 72 year old grandmother. My wife and I are both BB fans and chose to stick with them over the iPhone; my wife has a Pearl and I have the 8830 WE, both of Verizon's network.
    09-26-08 02:16 PM
    die hard mac user.....went from a G3 600mhz iBook to my current 15" MBP 2.2ghz C2D, 128mb 8600GT-M vid card, upgraded to 4GB ram & 320GB HD (anyone who thinks it's hard to change a HD in a MBP should go try it in an ibook G3, you have to totally dismantle the laptop, with the MBP it's just take the top off...)

also recently converted the wife, she's got a 13" Macbook White (2.4ghz C2D, 160GB hd, 2GB Mem) and we're working on converting her mom and grandparents

running VMware with XP Pro SP2 on it for blackberry desktop, Castle Link (Electronic Speed Control Programming software for my big RC toys), and Magic Workstation. (when I get back into coding it'll be for that too)

so far pocket mac is syncing fine, but, I haven't bumped to 10.5.5 yet, still on 10.5.4....

maybe one of you guys can answer a simple question....I know on tiger if you plugged a datacard into the laptop you got a reception meter at the top of the screen, but, I can't find how to do that in leopard....any suggestions?
    09-27-08 11:05 AM
    maybe one of you guys can answer a simple question....I know on tiger if you plugged a datacard into the laptop you got a reception meter at the top of the screen, but, I can't find how to do that in leopard....any suggestions?
    I have leopard and I still have the reception meter at the top. Maybe check preferences and see if you can add it. My moms Pro has a small telephone on top while mine has the at&t bars.
    09-27-08 11:12 AM
    Hello, I too am a addict. I a Black MacBook and 5th gen 80 gig iPod in black too. I bought them both at the same time over two years ago. I just love my and BB.
    yay for speck see-thru cases!!

I have the hot pink one on my mb and also a hot pink seethru on my iphone! now if they only made one for my berry....lol they have em for the pearl not the curve
    09-27-08 12:33 PM
     addict as well. I have a Mini running Leopard. I have appealed to the deity of my choice but have not yet received a MacBook Pro. I think he wants me to fix my credit rating first.
    09-28-08 01:38 AM
    i have my whole staff at work switching from ghey WINBLOWS to MAC. its great.

switched to mac here 3 yrs ago, never looked back
    09-28-08 08:54 AM
    I have leopard and I still have the reception meter at the top. Maybe check preferences and see if you can add it. My moms Pro has a small telephone on top while mine has the at&t bars.
    either I don't know where I should be looking, or, I'm not seeing it......and the fun part, the crappy software that the carrier tells me I have to install (it did at least give me a better modem script than "Verizon Support (PC 5220)" so I won't complain too much), quicklink mobile, won't see the card, even after I'm connected to the net through the OS, it's still saying "please connect WWAN device"

oh well.....by the way, the script that the QLM installs works gorgeously for BT tethering the BB
    09-28-08 10:14 AM
    I'm a mc addict! I have a MacBook Air!! I love it!! Never going bck to PC's again!!! I just wish the PocketMac will actually work!!
    09-28-08 10:55 PM
    Switched to Mac last year. Got myself a MacBook with 2.2 Ghz. Together with buying my BB, it's the best choice I have ever made. Hope BB will make some decent software for Mac soon, currently considering to go for PocketMac.

Why doesn't any phone company make decent software for Mac users??
    09-29-08 04:56 PM
     User here. I use a 20" 2.4Ghz iMac with 2GB RAM, 250GB internal, 320GB LaCie d2 quadra. I use VMware Fusion to run Vista for my BB desktop manager, JL_Cmder and all those fun things. Been using mac for about 6 years now, lovin' it.
    09-29-08 08:42 PM
    I too abuse both. Though I have been a -addict for longer. I own, wait for it, iMac G3, PowerMac G4, PowerBook G4 12", MacMini C2D and my 'main' computer, BlackBook 2.4 GHz. I also have most types of iPod but not the iPhone, I just prefer my Curve!

I too run VMware Fusion with XP SP3 and I use MissingSync in OSX. I usually set XP up full screen then use 'spaces' to flick between it and OSX, that always impresses people!
    09-30-08 11:54 AM
    mac addict all the way, i switched my whole family.

currently I'm still on an iBook 14" but i will be upgrading shortly to a MacBook. There's also a 20" iMac G4 in my house and each of my parents has a MacBook.
    10-01-08 08:27 PM
    I usually set XP up full screen then use 'spaces' to flick between it and OSX, that always impresses people!
    Haha yes I loved doing this to impress people. Then I just hooked up my 22" LG tv as a second monitor running at high res and run a dual setup with each OS on a monitor. It's dang snazzy and I'm glad my TV has a VGA input lol.
    10-01-08 09:49 PM
    hi i'm a mac ....user 
    10-02-08 01:18 AM
    hi i'm a mac ....user 
    Awesome and Welcome to CrackBerry!! You will love it here and learn a ton!
    10-02-08 01:42 AM
    Hello, All.
    I've been a Mac user for the past 5 years or so - had to make the switch because I was honestly getting ready to lose my mind with PCs. My job as a graphic designer has been a lot more efficient and fun, since using the Mac as my platform - Love using them!

Last week, I decided to become a BlackBerry owner -
    I had done a wealth of research & "hands-on" testing with a variety of smartphone devices, including the iPhone. The BlackBerry just seemed a better fit for what I was looking for, at least as far as what was available on my carrier network (Verizon). The iPhone is as I'm sure everyone knows, an AT&T exclusive right now - which pretty much killed it for me.

(The iPhone was decent enough, but AT&Ts service is stink-O in my area, and I'm sticking with Verizon because they're good & people like my Godchild who also have Verizon can call me without losing minutes).

So that's why I'm a Mac owner with a BlackBerry -
    I decided upon the 8330 Curve, as my berry-of-choice - and so far I'm having a ball with it. It's a decided step-up for me in terms of mobile devices & having a true "smartphone" - my last phone was a RAZR, if that gives you any clue how tickled pink I am, with all I can do with this BlackBerry! WoOt.

If anything, I might be just a little disappointed that the Mac isn't supported better by the BB - but you can't have everything. I knew that full well before making the plunge anyway, so I'm not (really) complaining. As a stand-alone device, the Curve does everything I want it to.

As of this moment right now, there are rumblings about the new BB "Storm" coming to Verizon, which looks sweet! I am hoping it'll possibly make its debut before my 30-day trial period with Verizon is over, so I can see how it compares to the Curve. If it's really that fantastic, I may have no choice but to get one! We'll see.
    When I make a decision, I'll have to come back to the Mac-Section & see what other Mac/BlackBerry owners are using for better integration between their computers & the BB. It's nice to know there's a forum here for that!

Anyhow, It's nice to see other MacFanatics are here as well - I literally stumbled onto CrackBerry.com while doing some general BlackBerry research & I was suitably impressed with the community & help here.
    Good Show!
    That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
    -DC-
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 10-02-08 at 08:09 AM.
    10-02-08 08:07 AM
    I just switched from Windows to Mac, and I have to tell you Im loving it. Very easy to use (a lot of tech support, lol) once you get use to the OS. I do have one question thou, I am using PocketMac and I am trying to sync my music on iTunes and the box is grayed out. I have a Blackberry Bold and I am running 4.6.0.150 (thanks to Kevin at CB).
    10-02-08 08:47 AM
    Blackberry 8320 and Macbook...what else do I need?

San Jose, Cali
    10-02-08 12:58 PM
    been a mac user for a while now.

Have no choice, Final cut pro just rocks too much socks.

Girlfriend thinking of getting a macbook too, its virus proof and she aint too computer smart.
    10-02-08 09:33 PM
966 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD