I'm a mac man lol

First started with the iPhone,then bought the iMac, then sold my dell laptop for a macbook.
    05-25-09 06:33 PM
    hello,
    just got a macbook from a friend moving back west and WAY prefer it over pc, however; i have a pc desktop and i don't use the pocketmac, i prefer to use desktop manager

05-26-09 07:16 AM
    hello,
    just got a macbook from a friend moving back west and WAY prefer it over pc, however; i have a pc desktop and i don't use the pocketmac, i prefer to use desktop manager

That was a nice getting the macbook, a new experience for you.
    05-26-09 08:46 AM
    I've got a black macbook running leopard and loving it,, but the support for blackberry in mac is still insufficient, really, missing sync or pocket mac are not good enough, they should make the desktop manager work on mac, so that we mac users can install apps and update os without bootcamp or vmware, cause I can't install those things, as I only have 1 gb of memory left, which really sucks for me, haha

my bb is a storm 9500 btw..
    Last edited by obus10; 05-26-09 at 09:27 AM.
    05-26-09 09:25 AM
    Hello all, I just got a blackberry storm. I have used macs my entire life. Is there any easy way to get my mp3's off of my mac onto my phone? From what i've read you have to have desktop manager which only runs for PC?

cw
    05-26-09 10:34 AM
    Hello all, I just got a blackberry storm. I have used macs my entire life. Is there any easy way to get my mp3's off of my mac onto my phone? From what i've read you have to have desktop manager which only runs for PC?

cw
    Just enable mass storage mode and when you plug your Storm into your Mac the SD card should pop up as a drive on your desktop. Copy, paste, eject, done!
    05-26-09 11:30 AM
    just changed over from a college-required Dell to a new aluminum 13 inch macbook. 250 gig hard drive, 2.4 GHz. I love it. I just used PocketMac for the first time and it worked fine. My parents have a PC if I need it for DM but not looking likely!
    05-26-09 11:38 AM
    just changed over from a college-required Dell to a new aluminum 13 inch macbook. 250 gig hard drive, 2.4 GHz. I love it. I just used PocketMac for the first time and it worked fine. My parents have a PC if I need it for DM but not looking likely!
    I hope you knocked on wood after you posted this!! Keep that PC nearby; you may need it sooner than you think.
    05-26-09 11:43 AM
    I hope you knocked on wood after you posted this!! Keep that PC nearby; you may need it sooner than you think.

they don't use it, so it's open all the time. and my phone is working fine atm and I have my backups from my old computer available as well.
    05-26-09 11:58 AM
    they don't use it, so it's open all the time. and my phone is working fine atm and I have my backups from my old computer available as well.
    I was referring to your present happiness regarding Pocket Mac.
    05-26-09 01:49 PM
    I've been a long time Mac User. I used the Apple IIe way back in elementary school.

My personal computers so far have been a PowerMac G4 (AGP Graphics) 400Mhz with a 17" Studio CRT Display

Then for high school I had an HP zv5160us 15.4" laptop that was a beast at the time graphics wise, IMO.

But of course for college, and my laptop for the last 3 years, a MacBook (white) 1.83Ghz...one of the first models. I bought the laptop about two months after they were released for school. My next computer will probably be an aluminum MacBook.

Of course, I'll admit I'm not a fanboy by any means: every OS has their advantages and disadvantages. I use VM Ware and run Windows XP, Windows 7, and Fedora, but my main use on my laptop is internet, music, video, and photos, and the Mac suits me the best!

I also have Missing Sync (which works over Bluetooth for me but can't install apps at all) and PocketMac which works on the Macs at the lab I work at but not mine :-/
    05-27-09 01:08 AM
    I have had my pearl for a while, but picked up a new Macbook pro 2.53 with 4gig ram. It's phenomenal, coming from a PC it feels as if i'm almost cheating, not having to prepare for battle with a world of viruses every time i turn my computer on!

However syncing up my blackberry brought about those bad memories of system errors.

I had big issues with pocket mac, and also really wanted Bluetooth capabilities, so i found missing sync by Mark Space.
    The first connection had to be carried out with a USB cable, the phone could never be found, then when it did it simply was playing up, displaying errors and dropouts, forums suggesting i hack into the engineer section of my pearl through typing these specific codes, seemed shifty.

Ironically i had to go back to the PC to install the blackberry software, i then updated my phone with the latest and greatest, now everything works like a breeze, plus the new interface looks killer! You can use missing sync to work with entourage and ical at the same time also, which is a great feature.

I highly recommend Missing Sync, its $40.00 dollars, but it is amazing, you also get a free 13 day trial, just make sure to update your firmware on the phone to avoid the PC style stress!
    05-27-09 07:58 AM
    I've been using Missing Sync version 1 with little to no issues even after upgrading to a Storm. Pocketmac just never worked for me even on a clean install of a new macbook pro. It's worth the $40 for peace of mind if you're a mac user.
    05-27-09 10:04 AM
    I've been a long time Mac User. I used the Apple IIe way back in elementary school.

My personal computers so far have been a PowerMac G4 (AGP Graphics) 400Mhz with a 17" Studio CRT Display

Then for high school I had an HP zv5160us 15.4" laptop that was a beast at the time graphics wise, IMO.

But of course for college, and my laptop for the last 3 years, a MacBook (white) 1.83Ghz...one of the first models. I bought the laptop about two months after they were released for school. My next computer will probably be an aluminum MacBook.

Of course, I'll admit I'm not a fanboy by any means: every OS has their advantages and disadvantages. I use VM Ware and run Windows XP, Windows 7, and Fedora, but my main use on my laptop is internet, music, video, and photos, and the Mac suits me the best!

I also have Missing Sync (which works over Bluetooth for me but can't install apps at all) and PocketMac which works on the Macs at the lab I work at but not mine :-/
    Hi Socc. There isn't a HUGE difference, IMO, between the MacBook you have now and the newer aluminum.

As far as PocketMac working at the labs, thats one of the major downsides to PocketMac and Missing Sync. Neither program offers consistency across all users; which is pretty disappointing; especially if you've done everything you need to do for it to work and it still doesn't.
    05-27-09 10:08 AM
    Hi Socc. There isn't a HUGE difference, IMO, between the MacBook you have now and the newer aluminum.

As far as PocketMac working at the labs, thats one of the major downsides to PocketMac and Missing Sync. Neither program offers consistency across all users; which is pretty disappointing; especially if you've done everything you need to do for it to work and it still doesn't.
    Oh yeah, I've tried everything short of formatting my computer.

And about the differences....being a computer geek, the upgrade from a Core Duo to a Core 2 Duo with about .5Ghz, 2GB DDR2 to 4GB DDR3 from 533mhz to 800mhz RAM, and going from the Intel GMA 950 at 64mb of video RAM to the nvidia 256mb of video RAM.....it's definitely an upgrade and a huge difference

Course, then again, I run applications that take advantage of those differences. If I didn't, you'd be right: other than the shiny exterior and sleeker look, there isn't a whole lot of difference.

And hi back *waves*
    05-27-09 10:31 AM
    I have the white macbook and sync using pocketberry to my storm. Only issue I have is sometimes while syncing using 2 way, the new pin numbers i enter into the device address book do not transfer to mac address book. I hate using ical though. For my calendar i use google sync and google.com/calendar. Best wireless calendar i have ever tried. Also if you are running a BES server or connected to one, you can forget about syncing it to the mac. At least i have never found a "reliable" way. I had the .132 software that crashed my phone so I re-put .75 and back to the dreadful sw. I'm waiting on more reviews for the .148 before i commit.
    05-27-09 02:38 PM
    I have the white macbook and sync using pocketberry to my storm. Only issue I have is sometimes while syncing using 2 way, the new pin numbers i enter into the device address book do not transfer to mac address book. I hate using ical though. For my calendar i use google sync and google.com/calendar. Best wireless calendar i have ever tried. Also if you are running a BES server or connected to one, you can forget about syncing it to the mac. At least i have never found a "reliable" way. I had the .132 software that crashed my phone so I re-put .75 and back to the dreadful sw. I'm waiting on more reviews for the .148 before i commit.
    I use the google calendar and contacts sync as well, just nice to have another backup of everything. I'm using .122 that came with the Telus Storm and it's working quite well.
    05-27-09 03:02 PM
    Oh yeah, I've tried everything short of formatting my computer.

And about the differences....being a computer geek, the upgrade from a Core Duo to a Core 2 Duo with about .5Ghz, 2GB DDR2 to 4GB DDR3 from 533mhz to 800mhz RAM, and going from the Intel GMA 950 at 64mb of video RAM to the nvidia 256mb of video RAM.....it's definitely an upgrade and a huge difference

Course, then again, I run applications that take advantage of those differences. If I didn't, you'd be right: other than the shiny exterior and sleeker look, there isn't a whole lot of difference.

And hi back *waves*
    Soc, I read "white" MacBook and thought of my own configuration; which didnt make upgrading all that necessary. For that reason I must have thought you had the same.

It's been a long week....
    05-27-09 03:10 PM
    Ah, yes....they've been making the white MacBooks for three years now

Of course, they've updated them along the way...in fact I believe yesterday they got a little speed and HD bump as well
    05-27-09 05:29 PM
    I was referring to your present happiness regarding Pocket Mac.

ah, okay. I don't know, I have a storm and with PocketMac it worked right away. I know from reading here a lot of people have had problems with it, but as of right now (fingers crossed) not a problem for me.
    05-27-09 05:42 PM
    Ah, yes....they've been making the white MacBooks for three years now

Of course, they've updated them along the way...in fact I believe yesterday they got a little speed and HD bump as well
    LOL funny man!!

I've only had mine for a year; prior to that, everything was all about windows. I never considered a Mac when I got my iPod, but when I got the iPhone, I just wanted to go Mac all the way.

I keep my PC around for BB OS upgrades and syncing. Eventually I plan on getting rid of my PC.
    05-27-09 06:48 PM
    Converted to Mac 4 years ago (give or take) and have not looked back since. I still get plenty of Windows use at work so I see what I am "missing" at home.

I have not turned myself into a Mac snob either, as most PC seem to think we all are. I just like this OS better. I only wish I switched years ago, but was so afraid of trying something different.

Only 1 problem I have is, I don't get to learn as much about OSX due to not having any problems with it. lol
    05-28-09 08:22 AM
    Noob Mac user here... had my white Macbook for about two months, but I completely love it. I came from Vista, so after I got used to the shock of a properly-working OS, I'll never go back! =P
    I'm no hater (looking forward to see what Windows 7 has in store), but I'm quite a fan.
    05-28-09 11:41 AM
    Converted to Mac 4 years ago (give or take) and have not looked back since. I still get plenty of Windows use at work so I see what I am "missing" at home.

I have not turned myself into a Mac snob either, as most PC seem to think we all are. I just like this OS better. I only wish I switched years ago, but was so afraid of trying something different.

Only 1 problem I have is, I don't get to learn as much about OSX due to not having any problems with it. lol
    Jim, I believe this is the reason many of us stick with what we know; afraid of trying something different.
    As far as learning about OS X, I realized I didn't want to learn. The fact that it boots up in seconds and I can just start doing whatever I need to do was good enough for me.

Now I will say that iPhoto suddenly disappeared one day and I don't know how or why. Without having to restore the whole system, I was able to put back on iPhoto from the OS X disc. That was the only time I've ever needed the disc and prior to that, I didn't know where I had even put it.

05-28-09 02:59 PM
    For me, I enjoy learning how to work the different OS. I've done enough tech work on Windows to know the system decently well. Using Macs most of my life I've adjusted to the UNIX-base OS. The only one I'm still not up to par with yet is Linux. I run VMWare on my Mac and have XP, 7 RC1, and Fedora 10 so I can mess around with them without crashing my computer or corrupting the OS
    05-28-09 03:16 PM
966 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD