I just bought a new Macbook the other day!! I finally figured out how to tether it and I'm so happy!!

Anyone who wants to add me to BBM feel free- I'd love to talk to other Mac users since I'm such a NOOB!
    Navan, Which one did you get?
    05-04-09 07:48 PM
    been a mac user for a few years now, spend my days with windows computers at work. but at night i get to go home to my mac

would like to talk to some other mac users that own BlackBerrys add me on BBM!!
    05-05-09 01:25 AM
    Wish there was a app that would transfer my playlist and bookmarks and all info from my Mac to the Storm. PocketMac blows, Blackberry Media sybc is nice but doesn't do it all.
    05-05-09 07:02 AM
    been a mac user for a few years now, spend my days with windows computers at work. but at night i get to go home to my mac

would like to talk to some other mac users that own BlackBerrys add me on BBM!!
    Just added you on Twitter. I'm also a Mac user with a Blackberry. Let's keep in touch.
    05-05-09 07:33 AM
    Been a Mac user for around three years now, and have been happily proving my anti-Mac friends wrong about my Macbook for about as long too.

Currently running a Macbook Pro with PocketMac SyncManager, and Parallels desktop to upgrade OS.
    Only trouble I have is the actual upgrade itself needs to be connected to another computer, (my families ancient Dell), because Parallels keeps erroring out when it tries to upgrade.
    05-05-09 08:28 AM
    I am a MacBook user-I adore it-no windows problems, and with the intro of vista-I'm even more grateful for Leopard OS!
    My Blackberry is on it's way to me, so I don;t know how it will work with PocketMac, but I'm hopeful it will be seamless. (I do have a windows desktop that my kids use, so if worse comes to worse-that'll have to be used.
    05-08-09 07:37 AM
    I've been a Macbook user for almost 3 years now not to mention the numerous iPods I've owned. Mac4Life.
    05-08-09 09:04 AM
    Been a Mac user for around three years now, and have been happily proving my anti-Mac friends wrong about my Macbook for about as long too.

Currently running a Macbook Pro with PocketMac SyncManager, and Parallels desktop to upgrade OS.
    Only trouble I have is the actual upgrade itself needs to be connected to another computer, (my families ancient Dell), because Parallels keeps erroring out when it tries to upgrade.
    Have you thought about ditching Parallels & using something else so that you don't have to use the Dell?
    05-08-09 01:39 PM
    I am a MacBook user-I adore it-no windows problems, and with the intro of vista-I'm even more grateful for Leopard OS!
    My Blackberry is on it's way to me, so I don;t know how it will work with PocketMac, but I'm hopeful it will be seamless. (I do have a windows desktop that my kids use, so if worse comes to worse-that'll have to be used.
    Tell the kids to move over- you'll be using that Pc.
    05-08-09 01:40 PM
    been a mac users since i can remember!

Started with a Power Macintosh (the tanish boxes),

then my mom got her first powerbook (the old laptops, black matte with white apple)

then we got the first imac! (G3, with the clear grey bubble)

then i got the first flatscreen all white imac 20" (dont remember what it was called)

now im on the newest imac 17" (grey metal case)

about to get a macbook pro! My mom and stepdad both have one right now. Ive never owned anything BUT a mac. I had an iphone but im a new blackberry faithfull
    05-08-09 01:50 PM
    (oh and of course have had almost every ipod ever made)
    05-08-09 01:53 PM
    (oh and of course have had almost every ipod ever made)
    It was my use of the iPhone that caused my Mac interest.
    05-08-09 02:02 PM
    i need help with my storm / mac pro 8 core
    05-09-09 05:32 PM
    I'm going to college in the fall and will be getting a new laptop and after extensive research I settled on a mac!
    I'll be getting one during the summer :-)
    I have the Blackberry Storm and love it!

Actually, could anyone tell me if pocketmac actually works and what the best syncing program is?

Also, any input on my choice of mac? I'm caught between the macbook and the pro (15 in 2.66 ghz)
    I have a 15 in sony vaio right now and love the size of screen. Surprisingly, I really didn't mind the screen of the 13 in on the mac...
    This has to last 4 years and it'd be my primary comp...
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Desimundha7; 05-09-09 at 10:30 PM.
    05-09-09 09:21 PM
    I'm going to college in the fall and will be getting a new laptop and after extensive research I settled on a mac!
    I'll be getting one during the summer :-)
    I have the Blackberry Storm and love it!

Actually, could anyone tell me if pocketmac actually works and what the best syncing program is?

Also, any input on my choice of mac? I'm caught between the macbook and the pro (15 in 2.66 ghz)
    I have a 15 in now and love the screen. Surprisingly, I really didn't mind the screen of the 13 in...
    This has to last 4 years and it'd be my primary comp...
    Thank you!
    I honestly wouldn't know what to suggest to you in terms of which one you should get. What are you going to do with the 15" Mac you already have when you go to college?
    05-09-09 09:50 PM
    I honestly wouldn't know what to suggest to you in terms of which one you should get. What are you going to do with the 15" Mac you already have when you go to college?
    I have a 15 in sony vaio.
    The macbook [pro] I'll be getting will be my first mac and hopefully not my last.
    I want it to last 4 years but I also hope to be a long term blackberry user.
    And apparently pocket mac stinks and missing sync is 40 $.
    That's disappointing, I hope that RIM comes out with a new DM for macs
    05-09-09 10:29 PM
    Missing Sync stinks also. & my bad- I guess I thought your 15" was already a Mac. Whatever you get to lug around campus with, make sure it has decent battery life.

Many people have gotten netbooks for that very reason. Light, portable and 6-7 hr battery between charges.
    05-09-09 11:19 PM
    Have a 20" iMac and a few days ago got my new MacBook 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250 GB drive. If they come out with a larger compatible solid state drive I may have to order one of those to swap out. Having a 2 year old wreaks havoc on a laptop if it is not out of reach and a solid state drive would be ideal, but DAMN there is a premium for them.....c'mon....it is just a giant flash drive!

Anywho......I love Mac's, but have always worked on PC's. Thank god for being able to work on what I want at home!

Oh....have VMware running on the iMac, but have yet to put it on the MacBook....it will be the next thing I install as I am sick of having to update my BB on another computer...pain in the A$$
    05-10-09 12:45 AM
    Every once in a while, I get an urge to install windows; but that urge only last a hot sec.
    05-10-09 01:08 AM
    Weird how this works but I'm 18, have a Macbook Pro and a Blackberry Bold...and am so impressed by both that I will NEVER go back or substitute for another product, Mac and Blackberry for life! (even if it does cost me idk..... 2x, 3x, 4x? the money haha)
    05-10-09 01:24 AM
    Got a Unibody Macbook! Just trying to figure out missing sync at the moment
    05-10-09 09:09 AM
    I have the MacPro 15. It is the best. Just kinda heavy. If you are carrying around a laptop. You may want to look at the 13" MacBook. It is just as powerful and half the weight. Plus a bit cheaper too. Mac is the BEST computer you can get. I have had mine a year and a half and it is still just as fast as it was the day I took it out of its box. Glad to see another PC user coming to the good side. PCs are garbage and I HATE them. Long live the MAC!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 11:06 AM
    Missing Sync stinks also. & my bad- I guess I thought your 15" was already a Mac. Whatever you get to lug around campus with, make sure it has decent battery life.

Many people have gotten netbooks for that very reason. Light, portable and 6-7 hr battery between charges.
    Oh, it's fine, I looked at the wording of my post and edited it because it did seem misleading.

The macbook pro 15'' seems to be pretty good with decent battery life. I won't be getting a netbook. I need a mac and everything it has to offer... I want a mac...
    Thanks!

I wouldn't buy missing sync because I don't want to pay $ 40 for a bad program. And pocketmac is apparently a nuisance... great.
    Hope RIM comes out with DM for macs

I have the MacPro 15. It is the best. Just kinda heavy. If you are carrying around a laptop. You may want to look at the 13" MacBook. It is just as powerful and half the weight. Plus a bit cheaper too. Mac is the BEST computer you can get. I have had mine a year and a half and it is still just as fast as it was the day I took it out of its box. Glad to see another PC user coming to the good side. PCs are garbage and I HATE them. Long live the MAC!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was able to hunt down the specs of my current laptop and it's 1.1 pound more heavy than the macbook pro.
    My campus is huge and I did consider the weight/battery but I think the pro may be more suitable for [at least] 4 years.
    Though, I still have time and am debating a bit between the 13'' and 15''...
    At a year and a half, my current laptop was freezing... ugh.
    I'm glad I'm being encouraged, hope nothing stops me from getting a mac.
    05-10-09 11:21 AM
    I'm glad I'm being encouraged, hope nothing stops me from getting a mac.
    From most people I've had this conversation with, it seems that once the decision is made to buy a Mac, people don't usually change their minds. The hardest part is just deciding which one- cause you look at them and want them all.

My whitebook is a year old and its one of the best purchases I ever made. The differences between the white and unibody were extremely minimal that I have no reason to upgrade.
    05-10-09 01:45 PM
    From most people I've had this conversation with, it seems that once the decision is made to buy a Mac, people don't usually change their minds. The hardest part is just deciding which one- cause you look at them and want them all.

My whitebook is a year old and its one of the best purchases I ever made. The differences between the white and unibody were extremely minimal that I have no reason to upgrade.
    Definitely!
    I knew macs would probably be the best and my extensive research has only reinforced my belief. I just need to pick either the macbook or the pro.

And Apple comes out with an upgrade (in some way) almost every year. So by the time you want another laptop/computer there should be another amazing mac out.
    05-10-09 02:03 PM
966 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD