Just bought a Macbook 2.0ghz with 4gb ram about 3 weeks ago and I'm in love. Installed Windows 7 beta on it as well. It runs decently but not as good as it did on the old Toshiba I have.
    04-28-09 08:17 PM
    my mbp was my baby until it fell off my loft 6 feet to the ground and now there is a big dent....
    04-29-09 04:31 AM
    no other damage?
    04-29-09 08:04 AM
    Ive been going back and forth about a mac for the longest time i think i just have to do it, i here nothing but good things about mac and about had it with dell.
    04-29-09 08:07 AM
    On my MacBook, these appear as lime green hearts but on my netbook running Win XP they appear as lime green blocks. What font am I missing?
    you said "hearts" not "apples" lol :P
    04-29-09 03:25 PM
    BlackBerry addict, yes. Mac addict?... not really. I spend a lot of time on my MacBook, but still, it's a computer, I spend equal time on my PC before.
    04-29-09 03:41 PM
    you said "hearts" not "apples" lol :P
    Ya'll know I meant apples....
    I just looked at your post in which you said, "I see lime green "apples".... and I didn't get it - I thought you were being funny! My bad!.....now I understand......*mumblin* ya'll knew what I meant.....
    04-29-09 04:21 PM
    Ya'll know I meant apples....
    I just looked at your post in which you said, "I see lime green "apples".... and I didn't get it - I thought you were being funny! My bad!.....now I understand......*mumblin* ya'll knew what I meant.....
    haha yea i was being technical :P
    04-29-09 10:35 PM
    New to the Mac family. Just bought my white 2.0GHz C2D Macbook with 2GB of RAM and a 160GB HDD. I love it and will never go back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 11:07 PM
    New to the Mac family. Just bought my white 2.0GHz C2D Macbook with 2GB of RAM and a 160GB HDD. I love it and will never go back!

This reminds me- I bought RAM and it never arrived....need to call about that tomorrow.
    04-29-09 11:35 PM
    ScandaLeX, I would definatly call about that haha. What kind of Mac do you have?

05-01-09 12:57 AM
    ScandaLeX, I would definatly call about that haha. What kind of Mac do you have?

WhiteBook -

The RAM is for my NetBook. I just checked my account. I put the damn thing in my shopping cart and never finished the order; so the fact that I havent rec'd it is ALL my fault.
    05-01-09 07:31 AM
    Love my Macbook Pro!
    05-01-09 10:26 AM
    Hi... Newbie to Blackbeerry, here... but an Oldie when it comes to Macs... still lovin' my old MacBook Black... still using my venerable iMac too, on occasions! Been working with Apples since early 1980s...on the "Apple IIe"...jeez. How old must I be...?
    05-02-09 03:06 AM
    Hi folks,

Glad to see that there are that many Mac-BB users out there.

I myself converted to Mac 3 years ago (without any regret :-).
    Resulting in a history of a powerbook and now an Imac 24" and a (white) MacBook. I have VM Fusion on my Imac for an old MS Access application.
    I also have a classic Ipod (60 Gb) and a 2G and 3G iPhone.

I have a question for you all though.
    I am switching provider (in Belgium); and I am reconsidering my smartphone choice: continue with the iPhone 3G or switching to BB (bold). I would like some advice on this topic...

Let me explain my situation:
    I work as a freelance consultant (project manager).
    At my current customer (have been there for 3 years now), I have a Dell notebook that I mainly use for mailing.
    I do can connect with my MacBook to the company network, and I retrieve the company mails via Entourage. My work calendar also is synched in Entourage that is synched in turn to the iCal calendar.
    My private mail accounts (own business, gmail,...) are retrieved via Apple Mail both on my MacBook and my iMac.
    I used to forward my work mail (as a consultant, I am not allowed access to their BES) to a mail2web account that pushed to my iPhone.

Why am I considering BB ?
    - I can type small messages on the iPhone; but I get freaked out when I have to type larger messages : the keyboard is well functional but not pleasant to work with
    - I am mainly a mail and calendar user on my smartphone, and mail on the iPhone imho is quite poor (especially when you work with multiple accounts)
    - everybody is talking about the splendid app store; but I can hardly find any useful applications (and no, the fart sound applications are not in my category of useful); I have 3 pages of applications on my iPhone, but I hardly use any of them
    - image : I kind of do not like the "toy" factor the iPhone has... BB tells "business", where iPhone tells "play"

Why do I doubt :
    - a lot of mixed messages of synching BB and Mac : I do need my calendar and mail synched (or I would be taking a step back)
    - tasks : I have been looking for years for a good way to organise my tasks; so that I can add tasks remotely on my smartphone that are synched flawlessly to my Mac when synching : can you do that via BB?

All advice is greatly appreciated :-)
    Last edited by st-aladin; 05-02-09 at 04:02 AM.
    05-02-09 03:33 AM
    Hey all...

Mac fanatic here, currently own 2 Imac's, Macbook, MAcbook Pro and 3 Ipods plus the usuals like Air Tunes + Airport Extreme router!

Any help I can give, ask away!
    05-02-09 07:22 AM
    I am also a converted Mac user. Switch about three years ago. I also use Missing sync for all my smart phones. I am an IT professional and support PC by day and play on my Mac by night.
    05-02-09 07:31 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I'll try my best to help you out here, but I don't think you'll get more answers in the proper forum, since this one is for Mac users and wont get you as many eyes/opinions you may need.

It's hard to say what you should do regarding business/job purpose. iPhones, Mac and Pc's all play nice with each other, but BB and Mac don't.

There are 2 programs for Mac users to sync BB with; Pocket Mac (free) and MissingSync ($40) - the general consensus of both programs is they are absolutely horrible. Many people have found work-arounds to compensate for these growling issues.

Again, post this in BB general discussion and you'll get a slew of responses. Also, search out some of your issues; many have already been covered- at least that will give you some place to start.

Hi folks,

Glad to see that there are that many Mac-BB users out there.

I myself converted to Mac 3 years ago (without any regret :-).
    Resulting in a history of a powerbook and now an Imac 24" and a (white) MacBook. I have VM Fusion on my Imac for an old MS Access application.
    I also have a classic Ipod (60 Gb) and a 2G and 3G iPhone.

I have a question for you all though.
    I am switching provider (in Belgium); and I am reconsidering my smartphone choice: continue with the iPhone 3G or switching to BB (bold). I would like some advice on this topic...

Let me explain my situation:
    I work as a freelance consultant (project manager).
    At my current customer (have been there for 3 years now), I have a Dell notebook that I mainly use for mailing.
    I do can connect with my MacBook to the company network, and I retrieve the company mails via Entourage. My work calendar also is synched in Entourage that is synched in turn to the iCal calendar.
    My private mail accounts (own business, gmail,...) are retrieved via Apple Mail both on my MacBook and my iMac.
    I used to forward my work mail (as a consultant, I am not allowed access to their BES) to a mail2web account that pushed to my iPhone.

Why am I considering BB ?
    - I can type small messages on the iPhone; but I get freaked out when I have to type larger messages : the keyboard is well functional but not pleasant to work with
    - I am mainly a mail and calendar user on my smartphone, and mail on the iPhone imho is quite poor (especially when you work with multiple accounts)
    - everybody is talking about the splendid app store; but I can hardly find any useful applications (and no, the fart sound applications are not in my category of useful); I have 3 pages of applications on my iPhone, but I hardly use any of them
    - image : I kind of do not like the "toy" factor the iPhone has... BB tells "business", where iPhone tells "play"

Why do I doubt :
    - a lot of mixed messages of synching BB and Mac : I do need my calendar and mail synched (or I would be taking a step back)
    - tasks : I have been looking for years for a good way to organise my tasks; so that I can add tasks remotely on my smartphone that are synched flawlessly to my Mac when synching : can you do that via BB?

05-02-09 07:56 AM
    WhiteBook - [Ihttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/snQQpy/mine1.jpg[/IMG]
    The RAM is for my NetBook. I just checked my account. I put the damn thing in my shopping cart and never finished the order; so the fact that I havent rec'd it is ALL my fault.
    Haha it happens! What year is your whitebook? I just got a 2009 model, and it's only running 2GB of RAM and a 2.0GHz C2D CPU.

05-03-09 03:16 PM
    Haha it happens! What year is your whitebook? I just got a 2009 model, and it's only running 2GB of RAM and a 2.0GHz C2D CPU.

Chaos~ I like calling you that.
    Anyway, I got mine Feb '08. I haven't seen any reason to upgrade to the newer aluminum MacBook since mine is already running at 2.2 GHz with 4GB ram.
    05-03-09 03:26 PM
    Why do I doubt :

well, here's what I'd offer you on those points.

Calander Sync: ical/google cal/blackberry, it's a 3 way sync, you get google sync to pull the google cal to the phone and push the phone to the google cal, then there's an app that'll sync ical to the google cal as well.

Mail Sync: no need, the BB is checking mail on the server, after you open your client on the mac it'll pull the mail down like normal.

Tasks: unsure here, as I personally have a total lack of give a **** about doing tasks, but, I'm sure there's some people that can lend a bit more info on it.

hopefully it'll get ya some info on ways to make it work other than using direct sync methods....
    05-03-09 04:26 PM
    ScandaLeX, that was my name in German class in highschool haha. It was pronounced KA-OS lol.

05-04-09 11:05 AM
    Last night I was iKlearing my MacBook and the keys on the right hand side started popping off.
    I had already had my top board replaced 2x's; the first time they didn't do to good a job and it looked horrible.

I was having trouble with this keyboard anyway, so today I took it in and the whole thing feels brand new. Ny keyboard actually feel better than it did on unboxing day.
    05-04-09 03:34 PM
    Mac addict and now Blackberry too. lol...
    05-04-09 05:43 PM
    I just bought a new Macbook the other day!! I finally figured out how to tether it and I'm so happy!!

Anyone who wants to add me to BBM feel free- I'd love to talk to other Mac users since I'm such a NOOB!
    05-04-09 07:45 PM
966 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD