I had the same thing happen to mine. I haven't taken mine in yet, I don't know what I would do for 3 days without my macbook.
    Hey there Fi! It doesn't take 3 days; it can actually be completed in less than 20 min. The Apple stores (at least the ones I go to) are usually so busy that they'd rather you just leave your Mac. I dropped mine off and rec'd a call the next morning at 9 a.m.

I was surprised since they don't open that early on Sundays but they told me they call early just to give you time to get ready to come pick it up. I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm showing you a few pictures so you'll see what to expect. I still have the plastic on mine- makes a great protector. One of the things you'll definitely have to check (BEFORE LEAVING THE STORE) is your keyboard. The part that's cracking isnt just replaced. It's an all-in-one unit so when they replace it, they also be replacing your keyboard.

I had to take mine back because I didn't notice until sometime that night that my z x c v b keys were so raised; I could see underneath them. You'll see from the pics that my up arrow is a bit screwed; but it's not so bad I cant live with it.

03-15-09 07:32 PM
    Just got the 13 inch white Macbook two months ago and don't know what took me so long! I love it!

I bought a Curve 8320 last week/T-mobile (Sunset is so nice looking) and I am equally as into it as I am my Mac. It's my first smartphone so I have been on this site learning all I can. Wow, these phones do a whole lot. But I was worried about my Mac and how BB would work with it.

It took me a while to figure out the best thing to do about syncing iCal (and I am no techie- at all) but I just synced with google calendar using calaboration, downloaded the google calendar syncing thing on my BB and now I can add an event to any of the three and they will talk to each other. I didn't even have to connect my phone to the Mac- yay! Sad to lose the multi-color calendars on iCal but oh well.

2 new addictions in 2 months--- good thing they don't show up on any tests for work
    03-16-09 01:48 AM
    I just downloaded pocketmac and it isnt recognizing that my storm is plugged in... is there a solution to this? PLEASE HELP! i hate windows lol and dont want to have to use windows so that i can get softwear on my berry
    03-16-09 11:20 AM
    Mac lovers rejoice!

17" MacBook pro
    3GB Ram
    Dual Core

Ms. Mac is going on 3 years old and I've never had an issue.

Originally had a 8830WE and now have a Storm. When I first connected my Storm the Mac wouldn't see that it was attached. Tried to bluetooth a couple contacts over, which worked. When I plugged the phone into the laptop again, it started to work. I have no idea why but it's working now.

Never go back
    Mac and Berry for life.
    03-16-09 01:56 PM
    I just downloaded pocketmac and it isnt recognizing that my storm is plugged in... is there a solution to this? PLEASE HELP! i hate windows lol and dont want to have to use windows so that i can get softwear on my berry
    You might want to try what worked for Andi. PocketMac and Missing Sync arent perfect in any regard.
    03-16-09 02:00 PM
    Proud Mac man!! Currently running OSX Leopard on my Macbook pro, As far as syncing goes using Pocketmac, for tethering using VZ Access Manager! Little quirks but all in good fun
    03-16-09 02:55 PM
    Proud Mac man!! Currently running OSX Leopard on my Macbook pro, As far as syncing goes using Pocketmac, for tethering using VZ Access Manager! Little quirks but all in good fun
    Hi War! Have you considered using TetherBerry. It's my understanding that it pays for itself in no time and cheaper than what you'll pay in the long run using Verizons access manager.
    03-16-09 04:19 PM
    Hello my name is Manny and i'm a Mac User. MBP 15" and now my third BB - Storm. I run Parallels. Is that the best way to sync with a BB on a PC?

Is anyone able to sync your media (music) through itunes with Media Sync and sync your data (contacts, calendar) through Pocket Mac or Missing Sync? i understand you can't have one with the other.

I have an iTouch and love it. Im thinking the storm will replace it for watching movies on the subway on the way to work. But all this manual transfering is crap!

Anyone got the magic touch?

E.
    03-18-09 09:43 AM
    Hello my name is Manny and i'm a Mac User. MBP 15" and now my third BB - Storm. I run Parallels. Is that the best way to sync with a BB on a PC?

Is anyone able to sync your media (music) through itunes with Media Sync and sync your data (contacts, calendar) through Pocket Mac or Missing Sync? i understand you can't have one with the other.

I have an iTouch and love it. Im thinking the storm will replace it for watching movies on the subway on the way to work. But all this manual transfering is crap!

Anyone got the magic touch?

E.
    No magic touch, but I just drag and drop my music from iTunes to the BlackBerry icon mounted on the desktop. Works beautifully. My pictures load perfectly through MissingSync so far. If there are any I want from my computer, I drag and drop. Just remember to disconnect the phone from the computer or you might have a heart attack thinking everything has been wiped out. I'm sure no one else is dumb enough to be fooled that way....
    03-18-09 10:01 AM
    No magic touch, but I just drag and drop my music from iTunes to the BlackBerry icon mounted on the desktop. Works beautifully. My pictures load perfectly through MissingSync so far. If there are any I want from my computer, I drag and drop. Just remember to disconnect the phone from the computer or you might have a heart attack thinking everything has been wiped out. I'm sure no one else is dumb enough to be fooled that way....
    Been there, done that.

I created a "Blackberry" playlist in iTunes, so I just drag everything form there over to the Music folder on my BB SD Card.
    03-18-09 10:33 AM
    Im having trouble syncing my storm with pocket mac, after i try to sync it says (error 1) skipping. I know there is a thread that addresses this very issue, but I couldnt find it... If you could point me int the right direction or help me out if you know the problem, it would be great! thanks.
    Last edited by scottiesmith03; 03-22-09 at 01:12 PM.
    03-22-09 01:07 PM
    well, i got a storm (first blackberry ever) sunday. I have 13 macbook alluminum. guy at the store told me to download "pocket mac." but i see on here other people are talking about "missingsync" what should I do as this is going to take place tonight.... i am about as lost as it gets with this thing. hopefully it wont take me 2 years to figure this baby out.
    03-23-09 12:42 PM
    ah yess i have a IMAC and a macbook pro. i love it

so much easier to use.. i just wish autocad would have a mac version.
    03-23-09 02:22 PM
    Im having trouble syncing my storm with pocket mac, after i try to sync it says (error 1) skipping. I know there is a thread that addresses this very issue, but I couldnt find it... If you could point me int the right direction or help me out if you know the problem, it would be great! thanks.
    well, i got a storm (first blackberry ever) sunday. I have 13 macbook alluminum. guy at the store told me to download "pocket mac." but i see on here other people are talking about "missingsync" what should I do as this is going to take place tonight.... i am about as lost as it gets with this thing. hopefully it wont take me 2 years to figure this baby out.
    Scottie, if I come across that thread, I'll post the link for you. I recently read it; just dont recall the name of it.

Bergie, Pocket Mac (free) & Missing Sync ($40) are the only 2 programs available to sync your BB & Mac. Damn shame though that both programs are garbage for so many users!

Whatever problems you run into, either post back or search the forums- we'll do everything we can to help you out.
    03-23-09 04:44 PM
    
    03-25-09 12:30 PM
    OK, first the  laundry list:

1. Mac Plus with an external 80MB Jasmine drive
    2. Mac LCII
    3. Ibook(2x)
    4. MacBook (2x)
    5. iMac (2x)

Grew up in Cupertino, Mac lifer.

ISSUE - I have an ATT 8310 Curve. How the heck do I load new SW on to the device if I don't have DesktopMgr on Windows available? Seems PockeMac is just to move contacts, media. I tried to use it and the app somewhat loaded. It doesn't show up on the BB Options, Advanced Options, Applications List.

Ideas?
    Last edited by GolfTraxx; 03-26-09 at 02:38 AM.
    03-26-09 02:33 AM
    ISSUE - I have an ATT 8310 Curve. How the heck do I load new SW on to the device if I don't have DesktopMgr on Windows available? Seems PockeMac is just to move contacts, media. I tried to use it and the app somewhat loaded. It doesn't show up on the BB Options, Advanced Options, Applications List.

Ideas?
    You don't. You needs a windows PC.
    03-26-09 07:10 AM
    I have a 17" PowerBook and a new 24" iMac. Working on trying to get a MacMini for here at work ... I'm this close. I just got the BB Curve last Friday. I have tried using PocketMac but am having some issues.
    03-26-09 03:17 PM
    I have a 17" PowerBook and a new 24" iMac. Working on trying to get a MacMini for here at work ... I'm this close. I just got the BB Curve last Friday. I have tried using PocketMac but am having some issues.
    You and everyone else.
    03-26-09 03:34 PM
    I have a macbook. Just got my curve 8900 today
    03-29-09 12:02 AM
    Is there any software available (Verizon doesn't have it) that allows the Verizon Curve to tether to my newer MacBook Pro?
    03-29-09 03:25 PM
    I'm using The Missing Sync for BB. It costs $ but works GREAT.
    03-29-09 03:28 PM
    I'm using The Missing Sync for BB. It costs $ but works GREAT.
    For now...
    03-29-09 03:30 PM

Once you try Mac you never go back! PowerBook G4 here - over three years old and runs like a charm. I use a Bberry Storm, sync with PocketMac. Eh.
    03-29-09 04:08 PM
    Is there any software available (Verizon doesn't have it) that allows the Verizon Curve to tether to my newer MacBook Pro?
    to tether it? use bluetooth and you shouldn't need anything other than what the phone comes with, and what your mac came with....
    03-29-09 04:44 PM
966 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD