love my macbook
    love my storm!!!!!
    01-19-09 12:57 AM
    Switched when the Mini came out and haven't looked back since. LOL I do have Boot Camp/XP Pro SP3 but I only use it when I REALLY have to like with the Bold. I can't when RIM releases the Desktop Manager for OSX.

We have three Leopard iMac's, (20" & 17") in the house and I'm currently using the 24" AL Interl Core 2 DUO 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM. I want the new MacBook.
    01-19-09 07:44 AM
    Love my Macbook, too!!
    And Storm!!!
    01-19-09 08:47 AM
    I love my new Macbook! I used Boot Camp to install Windows 7, it works perfectly. Actually I'm using 7 right now lol!
    01-19-09 09:12 AM
    Black MacBook (I call her MacKenzie, lol)

Also have a BB Storm (whose name is Bailey)
    01-19-09 09:14 AM
    I'm a mac addict
    Up until 4 months ago I was a pc guy - had never used a mac
    When I started my new job they forced me to use a mac (octocore 2.8ghz macpro with 8gb ram) and after 2 weeks I was hooked
    My wifes work shut a division and got rid of some computers - end result is I got a 2ghz g5 powermac for a stupidly low price
    The only reason I keep a pc round is to sync my bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 07:20 AM
    I divorced my PC to marry my G5 back in 2003...we're inseparable

OS X
    Curve 8330
    Pocket Mac (no probs yet....)
    Last edited by Mz.Kurve; 01-21-09 at 05:36 PM. Reason: needed to add more info
    01-21-09 05:26 PM
    macbook air... love it.. i carry it in my purse! Had an iphone and while it is a fun gadget i went back to my pearl as it is better for business. Just traded it in for a curve 8900 and waiting for a replacement mine is malfunctioning so i am not having a very good time with it... syncing is a nightmare right now.
    01-21-09 06:20 PM
    I have a MAC Mini. Running windows in boot camp. Stable as heck. Windows runs better on a Mac than a P.C. Never had an issue with compatability BB & Mac works fine.
    01-21-09 11:30 PM
    Macbook pro for my graphic design (and everything else too)! Love the new look of the line. Way to go apple . Still sync to the ole Dell though.. I can't hack pocketmac!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 04:02 AM
    mac and will never go back!
    01-23-09 12:49 AM
    MacBookPro 17'' 2.5 ghz
    BootCamp
    XPpro BBdm BB storm.

Works, but don't like working on the windows side!
    01-23-09 11:43 PM
    I have a Macbook Pro 15" 2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. I switched in 2007 and haven't looked back!! I love my ! Just got a BB Bold last month and love my Blackberry just as much!
    01-25-09 02:51 AM
    I've been a Mac user for a few years now, I currently have a Mac Pro.

My Blackberry is a Storm, I just switched from an LG Viewty, and I'm loving the Storm.

I decided on the Storm over the iPhone due to the presence of MMS on the Storm and being able to load media onto the Storm without having to have it in my iTunes library.
    01-25-09 05:08 AM
    I am a Mac/Windows user!

I have 2 windows PC's for VMWare projects and the occasional game.

I have a MBP/Mini/Ipod for other stuff.

Both are good in their own ways!

It's just a shame RIM treats Mac users like the black sheep with the half-arsed desktop software.
    01-25-09 05:14 AM
    TOTAL MAC ADDICT HERE!!

I'm in love with my gadgets
    I'm in love with my pink mac
    I'm in love with my pink bb
    I love love love loveeeeeeee it all!!!!

( okay i lied.. it's not really pink.. it just has a pink speck cover =[ )
    01-25-09 07:42 AM
    TOTAL MAC ADDICT HERE!!

I'm in love with my gadgets
    I'm in love with my pink mac
    I'm in love with my pink bb
    I love love love loveeeeeeee it all!!!!

( okay i lied.. it's not really pink.. it just has a pink speck cover =[ )
    Haha thats great!

It actually looks like it was done really well in terms of quality.

If anyone steals your laptop, it will be easy to identify!
    01-25-09 07:50 AM
    I have been addicted to macs since I purchased my first one three years ago. I bought my first BlackBerry a little over a year ago and was immediately addicted to that as well.

I use Missing Sync for my contacts, calendar and notes and Windows XP via Parallels to run DM for OS updates and backups.

As soon as RIM comes out with DM for mac I will have no use for Windows anymore.

I just can't get into the iPhone with it's virtual keyboard and lack of MMS not to mention all of the other missing features.

Is there anything better than a BlackBerry paired with a mac?
    01-26-09 02:57 PM
    I love my mac. This MacBook is the 5th or 6th that I've bought since 1987. I've had my first Blackberry for a couple of weeks and am considering returning it and switching to an iPhone. Anyone who does not support full functionality with Apple does not get my business. The inability to sync contacts and calendars or update my OS seems a fatal flaw to me.

I will check out sync software mentioned by others here to see if there is a workable option. Otherwise, I'll not ever make it to crackberry status.
    01-26-09 04:47 PM
    ^^ Pocket Mac sucked IMHO. I've got an exchange server of my own, so I use Entourage on my Mac, which is synced with MS Outlook on my PC(Windows 7, running thru VM Ware on my Macbook Pro) and Blackberry desktop manager syncs with that, which in turn syncs with outlook, and well, then Entourage simultaneously.

Complicated setup, but works flawlessly for me, and I get the best of both the worlds (Windows 7 is actually pretty damn awesome).
    01-26-09 10:18 PM
    I love my mac. This MacBook is the 5th or 6th that I've bought since 1987. I've had my first Blackberry for a couple of weeks and am considering returning it and switching to an iPhone. Anyone who does not support full functionality with Apple does not get my business. The inability to sync contacts and calendars or update my OS seems a fatal flaw to me.

I will check out sync software mentioned by others here to see if there is a workable option. Otherwise, I'll not ever make it to crackberry status.
    there's plenty of workable options......pocketmac syncs the stuff just fine, and for OS updates, use VMWare and a windows install...I prefer to do it that way anyway, you can see whether or not the machine is actively connected to the BB via USB or if something's not working properly....which, when doing OS updates, is quite handy....
    01-27-09 12:24 AM
    I have a mac mini and I need help with it being compatable with my blackberry curve 8310????
    01-27-09 10:11 AM
    there's plenty of workable options......pocketmac syncs the stuff just fine, and for OS updates, use VMWare and a windows install...I prefer to do it that way anyway, you can see whether or not the machine is actively connected to the BB via USB or if something's not working properly....which, when doing OS updates, is quite handy....
    Installing Windows on VMware isn't a workable option!

The Mac solution isn't a viable one! This really annoys me because I do most of my surfing/email etc on the mac and want to use that rather than fire up my desktop for that purpose!

RIM coooommmmmeeee on!
    01-27-09 11:03 AM
    Installing Windows on VMware isn't a workable option!

The Mac solution isn't a viable one! This really annoys me because I do most of my surfing/email etc on the mac and want to use that rather than fire up my desktop for that purpose!

RIM coooommmmmeeee on!
    ok, throw me a bone here, what're you NOT able to do on a mac that you can't do without windows?

*sync address book? pocket mac and missing sync both work for that, and they'll both go to multiple apps if you need them to. Via pocket mac, contacts can go to Address Book, Entourage 08, Entourage, Lotus Notes, Meeting Maker, and Now Contacts

*sync calendar? again, pocket mac and missing sync both work great, you could even go wireless with this part of the sync and get google sync, have it upload your calendar to google cal, and put the sync app onto the mac and it'll auto-sync down to ical. Via pocket mac calendar can go to Entourage 08, Entourage, Lotus Notes, Meeting Maker, Now Calendar, and iCal

*sync tasks/notes/bookmarks/email? pocket mac and missing sync......I'm not going through all the details, however, they work.

*music/photos? pocket mac (don't know on missing sync) will allow you to flag playlists and photo albums in itunes and iphoto to auto sync to the device

*install apps, here's a tough one, there IS a way to bundle an app so that you can install it from pocketmac, but, with most everything being OTA now, I've not looked into what you have to do to make it work.

*backup file, nope, can't do it, but, if you're syncing, why do you need a backup file?

*install OS, nope, can't do it, but, that's mainly because a mac can't install the OS which is packed as a windows executable, if they were just a zipped folder that you could drag into the right directory, then maybe you could get closer to doing it too....

I'm not saying that as a mac user you have perfection, but, you've got just about everything that you could want to do, and it's better than on windows....

oh, and VMWare **IS** a workable option, it lets you do anything you needed a windows machine for without ever shutting down and booting to windows through bootcamp, or moving to another computer, it works just fine for me, I've done probably 150 OS updates through it, do backups and everything else regularly, it's not a problem for me
    01-27-09 11:22 AM
    Dude, VMware is not a viable option unless you already have a platform for another purpose. Why would someone go to the trouble of building a windows machine in VMware for a OS update? Thats plainly ridiculous to have to go to those lengths for an update.

I have both types of machine but it's obvious to anyone who has been on both sides of the coin that right now Windows users get the good end of the deal and Mac users just get a joke package. Until RIM develop something that can meet the functionality of desktop manager in windows my blackberry will continue to be sync'd in windows.

No OS updates, no software installs and no back-up's? That is just a joke.

This isn't a Windows vs Mac debate, it's just a fact that the Mac work arounds are rubbish half arsed attempts at appeasing Mac users.

This isn't a viable solution and is entirely stupid for normal users to have to deal with.
    01-27-09 12:33 PM
966 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD