I have a Mac (hush, I love it). And now I have a Storm (love that too btw). The problem is that they don't go well together. I have been unable to get PocketMac to work after four hours on the phone with both Verizon and BB. And I found out that even after I do get it to work (if that ever happens), it will only work with one BB per computer. In other words, either my husband or I get to have a backed up BB, but not both. I don't think that buying MissingSync will help because I heard that it has it's own problems.
    *SIGH*
    So sad that my two loves have bad chemistry.

I am not willing to partition my Mac and put XP on it just so I can back up my BB. What to do, what to do....
    03-28-09 12:55 PM
    Get a PC. right now there is nothing that will really work for the Mac. Even running bootcamp doesnt work from the threads I have read.
    03-28-09 01:05 PM
    get one of those computers that has two OS...one windows and one mac. They are really good
    it's only the thing that can save this relationship.
    03-28-09 01:34 PM
    Get a PC.
    Great advice. Yes OP, give up your Mac for a POS cell phone, thats intelligent.

If you want to use bootcamp it would work just like any windows rig out there. However, you can use Parallels or VMware and run XP inside OSX. I have XP installed in VMware just for the Storm.
    03-28-09 01:38 PM
    Hmm, maybe I will do the partition and use bootcamp to put on XP. Soooooo scared to do it though! I'm not a computer whiz, but I'm not bad either. My hubby says I know just enough to get myself in trouble. I am afraid I'll break my new pretty MacBook.
    03-28-09 01:49 PM
    Hmm, maybe I will do the partition and use bootcamp to put on XP. Soooooo scared to do it though! I'm not a computer whiz, but I'm not bad either. My hubby says I know just enough to get myself in trouble. I am afraid I'll break my new pretty MacBook.
    Do you have a copy of XP I presume? Download a trial of Parallels or VMware (Id recommend VMware personally). Both have 30 day trials Im pretty sure. You cant test out the compatibility with your Storm before partitioning you hard drive and doing bootcamp.
    03-28-09 01:51 PM
    Like I said. I have not found one person who recommends using bootcamp. Its not the same as using a PC with windows on it. I would buy a $300 basic laptop if you really need windows. Otherwise just wait for OTA updates and such.
    03-28-09 01:55 PM
    Like I said. I have not found one person who recommends using bootcamp. Its not the same as using a PC with windows on it. I would buy a $300 basic laptop if you really need windows. Otherwise just wait for OTA updates and such.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Using bootcamp is EXACTLY like using any pc out there. Please stop spreading non-sense "advice."
    03-28-09 01:57 PM
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Using bootcamp is EXACTLY like using any pc out there. Please stop spreading non-sense "advice."
    Sorry bro, I am going from what I have read on this website of other users who have macs and run bootcamp. Im not spreading non-sense advice if people have actually said that same thing who have knowledge on the subject.
    03-28-09 02:05 PM
    Get a PC. right now there is nothing that will really work for the Mac. Even running bootcamp doesnt work from the threads I have read.
    You are soo off with that statement man...

It's running a Virtual Machine where SOME issues are...

I'm happy with my Storm on my new 17in MacBook Pro.

I use VMWare Fusion and also bootcamp.
    03-28-09 02:06 PM
    Again, WRONG...
    Just stop spewing trash out your pie hole.

When you boot in bootcamp it's a PC... THAT SIMPLE...

You are "thinking" Virtual Machine.
    03-28-09 02:08 PM
    Do you have a copy of XP I presume? Download a trial of Parallels or VMware (Id recommend VMware personally). Both have 30 day trials Im pretty sure. You cant test out the compatibility with your Storm before partitioning you hard drive and doing bootcamp.
    I am doing both !

I installed XP with a 30 gig partition and I use THAT partition for my VM machine as well!!! SO SO NICE !

I am on a special team that responds to disasters and ArcMap only runs in Windoes so I NEED to use XP
    03-28-09 02:10 PM
    Maybe what I read was incorrect but I know I have found peoples posts on here who did not recommend updating on your Mac. Simple as that. Im not trying to be a **** and say you cant do it, Im going from what I have read. If you all have other opinions cool, Ill stop since you all disagree completely from what my eyes have read.
    03-28-09 02:11 PM
    I apologize for those who think Im spreading death and disease, that was not the intent.
    03-28-09 02:13 PM
    ... Im spreading death and disease...
    well that was funny at least
    03-28-09 02:18 PM
    Like I said I apologize. Was not my intent to spread wrong info. I know I read several posts of people who made mention but that could have been old at the time. Im not the type to point people in the wrong direction. Those posts I read were the reason i kept my pos PC for the updates and not convincing my wife to get bootcamp.
    03-28-09 02:21 PM
    you should really go on what you know versus what you hear - i have a macbook pro for two years now - used bootcamp with xp for 6 months - never had an issue - went to vmware fusion only because in boot camp you are either on windows or or mac - with fusion you can have both open at the same time and transfer documents from one platform to another seamlessly - incredible program - also fyi - most macs will run windows xp or vista faster and more reliably than most pc's (look it up and you will find articles to back that up) so to the user - i would load xp through bootcamp and see what you think - when you see how stable and reliable it is you will want to get the vmware fusion and enjoy your mac completely.
    03-28-09 02:24 PM
    Maybe what I read was incorrect but I know I have found peoples posts on here who did not recommend updating on your Mac. Simple as that. Im not trying to be a **** and say you cant do it, Im going from what I have read. If you all have other opinions cool, Ill stop since you all disagree completely from what my eyes have read.
    Post up where Bootcamp was failing...
    would LOVE to see that post...
    03-28-09 02:26 PM
    you should really go on what you know versus what you hear - i have a macbook pro for two years now - used bootcamp with xp for 6 months - never had an issue - went to vmware fusion only because in boot camp you are either on windows or or mac - with fusion you can have both open at the same time and transfer documents from one platform to another seamlessly - incredible program - also fyi - most macs will run windows xp or vista faster and more reliably than most pc's (look it up and you will find articles to back that up) so to the user - i would load xp through bootcamp and see what you think - when you see how stable and reliable it is you will want to get the vmware fusion and enjoy your mac completely.
    XP in bootcamp runs windoes faster then any PC
    Yes it's fact.
    Ironic ain't it?
    Even those killer DELL XPS systems...
    03-28-09 02:28 PM
    Post up where Bootcamp was failing...
    would LOVE to see that post...
    I have been trying to find exactly where I read that so you all wouldnt think I was being a ******. I cant find what thread it was in. I have 2 Macs so I am not anti mac by the way.
    03-28-09 02:29 PM
    I use vm and missing sync 2.x. Any way I had bo trouble with either of them except that when I am in vm for updating my storm os it will not connect to xp. This is caused by missing sync. So if you want to sync to you mac I reccomend missing sync if you want xp vm is the way to go.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PGAPRO; 03-28-09 at 02:36 PM.
    03-28-09 02:31 PM
    Flashman run for the hills. The mob is after you
    03-28-09 02:31 PM
    I have been trying to find exactly where I read that so you all wouldnt think I was being a ******. I cant find what thread it was in. I have 2 Macs so I am not anti mac by the way.
    That's fine and all... just would like to see it myself...
    There's 4 Macs in my house....
    Two of them connect VM and bootcamp to the Storm.
    03-28-09 02:35 PM
    Those posts I read were the reason i kept my pos PC for the updates and not convincing my wife to get bootcamp.
    Now ditch the pos pc and come over to the bootcamp side. i haven't tried vmware or parallels, but bootcamp works just like windows, because it is windows. Sure some things are different if you're running it on a macbook (right clicks are tricky, and you have to keep remembering to press control instead of command for shortcuts), but it all works itself out

btw, don't forget to install antivirus on the windows side of bootcamp. . . lol
    03-28-09 02:35 PM
    That's fine and all... just would like to see it myself...
    There's 4 Macs in my house....
    Two of them connect VM and bootcamp to the Storm.
    Well i must just be a fack cause I cant find what I read. I am sorry for the misinformation as I have spewed through this thread. Ignore my posts as I am not meaning to be "that guy". I will probably get Bootcamp after a couple months when I move. Sorry OP I didnt mean to create issue in your thread.
    03-28-09 02:37 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD