Will Mac users ever be able to get BB Desktop Manager for their comp? As of now I have this fusion program on my mac where I can run Windows XP and then get to BB manager, but it can get to be quite a hassle. Will BB ever come out with BB Desktop for Mac just wondering, but I can live without it.
    03-29-09 11:19 AM
    Rumor was they (Blackberry) were working on it.....
    03-29-09 11:20 AM
    Any idea of when it will be ready and out for people to use?
    03-29-09 11:22 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. I've been waiting for a long time...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:24 AM
    they might be working on something you never know...
    03-29-09 11:26 AM
    you'll find a lot of companies don't program for 10% of the market.
    03-29-09 11:43 AM
    Did anyone teach gray math? 10% is a pretty big number. ...its just my opinion but its true!

03-29-09 11:49 AM
    you'll find a lot of companies don't program for 10% of the market.
    thats funny, every single one of my friends with blackberrys has a mac, so thats a 100% of my friends... sorry i guess yours are too poor and stupid to realize a better quality computer. Have fun running vista
    03-29-09 12:18 PM
    It's certainly on my most wanted list along with VNC, SlingMobile and native PDF support, but as others have stated, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. The Storm and Mac....red-headed step children aren't they?
    03-29-09 12:21 PM
    I am realtively new to BB, but apparently those with BB's and Mac have been waiting for this a heck of a lot longer. There were rumors that something was going to come out the first or 2nd quarterof this year. All we got was a media manager program. Nothing yet for our contact lists and iCal other than 3rd party apps.
    03-29-09 12:32 PM
    I have a mac too, and respectfully, I laugh at the poster who said 10%. Macs have taking such a big bite out of Windows market lately that Windows is actually producing commercials showing how much cheaper they are then Macs.

You pay for what you get.

To get back on topic, I've heard a rumor that RIM hates Mac for some reason and that's what really is behind the delay. Of course it's just a rumor so it's probably not true.

They really should have had a DM for Mac by now.
    03-29-09 12:36 PM
    I have a Mac lol. I would love to get an official desktop manager.

Take 10% away from your market and that has major side effects. Take into account how bad an 10% unemployment rate would be, just as a comparison. So try and use some common sense whoever made that comment.

03-29-09 12:37 PM
    Maybe I was just misreading the intent of the post that originally said 10%, but I thought that was his point. I complain when companies don't put out drivers for Linux, but there's little market in that so at least it makes sense. Mac-users are a big chunk of the market, and I know people who actually got an iPhone instead of a Blackberry solely because of Mac support (I almost did myself). I'm guessing they don't fully realize how many Mac-users would actually get a Blackberry, maybe since BBs are seen as primarily business phones, as are PCs, NOT Macs.
    03-29-09 01:19 PM
    good question
    03-29-09 01:52 PM
    thats funny, every single one of my friends with blackberrys has a mac, so thats a 100% of my friends... sorry i guess yours are too poor and stupid to realize a better quality computer. Have fun running vista
    Lol no need to get your panties in a wad.

03-29-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD