Hello BB Heads! I am a complete noob at owning a BB. I had a Palm Treo for years and yesterday it bit the dust (smashed screen). Verizon is my carrier and they no longer carry my 700 Smartphone. So now I have a BB. Here is what I need. I want a program for my computer similar to Palm Desktop. It was similar to Outlook, but without the e-mail. Managed all my contacts, calendar, and to-do lists and synced with my phone. The Verizon rep said I can use my BB with Outlook the same way, but I have not been able to sync my BB with Outlook. Can anyone help me?
    09-05-09 02:30 PM
    It should synch with Outlook. What did you do to try to synch. What problems did you encounter?
    09-05-09 02:34 PM
    First, let me say that I am running Outlook 2003. There was a point in my initial set up on the CD that came with the phone where it asked me to choose the program that I wanted my phone to sync with and I chose Outlook. I assumed that the initial sync took place at that time. But none of my data is on my phone, it never synced over. I haven't done anything since then as I do not know how to do it. I have nothing in the literature that came with the phone that explains how.
    09-05-09 02:41 PM
    You need to go into your desktop manager settings and make sure you have it set to sync both directions (from outlook to berry and berry to outlook). After that you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 02:49 PM
    Got it working. Thanks for the help :-)
    09-06-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD