I just updated (suggested by the app itself) to the latest version of the DM ... and now it won't even start. It just crashes ... Windows 7 asks if I want to search for a fix, it does, but just closes it, no fix.

I've re-booted, still the same.

Any thoughts?
    02-25-12 07:16 AM
    Uninstall the DM from the Control Panel-->Programs and download a new copy from RIM's website and re-install. Hopefully this will fix the issue.
    02-25-12 07:27 AM
    Uninstall the DM from the Control Panel-->Programs and download a new copy from RIM's website and re-install. Hopefully this will fix the issue.
    I just found that on the BB forum, did that ... had the exact same result.

Going to uninstall, re-boot, re-install, re-boot, then see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response though!
    02-25-12 07:38 AM
    BTW anyone running the DM on Mac with problems? After I updated, DM will not connect with my pb always saying something about repairing something. We have two pb's in my home and it does that for both of them!
    02-25-12 07:46 AM
    I just found that on the BB forum, did that ... had the exact same result.

Going to uninstall, re-boot, re-install, re-boot, then see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response though!

After the re-install, it wanted to start the app ... all worked fine.

Thanks for the help.
    02-25-12 08:19 AM
    After the re-install, it wanted to start the app ... all worked fine.

Thanks for the help.
    So whats new in the update ?
    02-25-12 08:28 AM
    It can make you tea and coffee when you connect your BlackBerry!

Seriously, what do you expect? There was nothing ever new with a new DM release! They just include som bug fixes! In this case, it actually includes many bugs!

When you backup with DM7, sometimes you cannot restore that same backup file you created as DM will tell you it's corrupted!
    Thanks, good to know it is to be avoided as don't drink Tea or Coffee so would be useless to me.

Now if it provided Beer that would be a different matter .......
    02-25-12 10:00 AM
    Thanks for that. I haven't DL'd DM 7 yet.
    02-25-12 07:52 PM
    BTW anyone running the DM on Mac with problems? After I updated, DM will not connect with my pb always saying something about repairing something. We have two pb's in my home and it does that for both of them!
    Have the problem with my 9930 not backing up with the DM on my Mac. Need to figure this out. Extremely frustrating...
    02-26-12 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD