I just recently switched from a Bold 9000 (ATT, OS 5) to a Bold 9700 (ATT OS 5).

On the Bold 9000, I had 2 separate icons for my email. One was "Desktop" (the email from the BES) and one was "Personal" (my gmail account). There was also an option in the email settings to determine which emails showed up in the "Messages" view as well and you could have personal, work or both show up there.

Now I can't seem to find this option in the 9700.

What gives?
    06-24-10 04:12 PM
    bump..........
    06-25-10 07:22 AM
    In my experience, when I had the 9700 there was the "messages" icon AND separate email icons for each account. Try this- while on the main menu, hit the menu key and choose show all icons, and search for the separate email icons. When you find them, hit menu again while they're selected and choose to show them. I usually tucked the "messages" icon in a folder somewhere and used the separate email boxes in the exact same way you're wanting to. Post back and let me know if you got it...
    06-25-10 10:36 AM
    Do you mean Message -> Inbox Settings -> "Select the items to include in the main message list" -> Email Accounts?
    06-25-10 10:51 AM
    ^^ I would think that takes care of it. I have an envelope icon for each of my email accounts even if there on selected to be shown in the main message box.
    06-25-10 11:01 AM
    The Message ->inbox settings ....... option is not there?!?! It used to be on the 9000. I assume you mean "go into the message box, hit the BB button and look for "Inbox Settings" in the menu. Not an option. And it's not under the "options" either.

Yes, I've tried the "show all" thing and that doesn't work either. There's no Icon for the "desktop" like there used to be.
    06-25-10 08:54 PM
    Bumb. Having the same issue with my new 9700 I got today. Thanks.
    07-01-10 06:32 PM
    I used to have a Curve 8310 and to separate my BES e-mail and my BIS e-mail I purchased a program called "BES Mailbox" from Empower Interactive (www.getempower.com). I think I purchased it thru Crackberry for $9.00. This gives you the BES mailbox you are looking for. When I upgraded my BB to the Bold I moved the program to my bold as well. Just recently I decided to upgrade my OS and I tried a Hybrid (v5.0.0.743 + Willyboy 9700 v6 .732/.743/.758/.6.0.0.31) and another mailbox popped up called "desktop" which is my BES e-mail. So if you feel comfortable upgrade your OS above AT+T's newest OS and you should get the mailbox back for free. If you don't then purchase BES Mailbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 08:08 PM
    I upgraded to the 5.0.0.743 - Optus Mobile OS version that is a sticky in this forum. That fixed it! Thanks for the tip.
    07-06-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD