Everything was honky dory with my Torch until today when the dreaded error code 0x80040fb3 appeared this afternoon.

I deleted the offending contact from both my Torch and my Contacts, rebooted both and i am still getting the error?

I am running Windows 7.

Please help!!!
    08-19-10 01:55 AM
    I have the same issue. How did you find the "offending contact"?
    08-28-10 02:23 PM
    This error is so annoying.

Why is BDM not able to tell you exactly what is wrong with the data?

Been trying for 2 nights now to get my BB data calendar into my PC Yahoo calendar, always get this 0x80040fb3 error.
    10-05-10 10:40 PM
    0x80040fb3 error when I try to sync my Outlook 2007 contact database, wunning Desktop 6 and Windows 7. I got disconnected from Sprint 4 times (took an hour) after they finally said I needed to speak with someone at Blackberry. No kidding!

How can I find the offending contact?

Lois
    11-20-10 11:47 AM
    Click the downward-facing triangle at the upper right of the DM6, next to the question mark. Click "Support Resources", then "Organizer sync log". Scroll down toward the bottom of the page, and you should see some item that is listed as one that is an error. I have never had a problem with Contacts, but frequently get it with Calendar items. I have found that simply opening the item and then saving/closing it again tends to fix it. On a couple items that caused this error repetitively, I just deleted them.
    12-18-10 08:29 PM
    One tip I learned syncing with Outlook 2003 was to make sure that all recurring events have an end date.

Good luck
    12-19-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD