Hello

I have my bold for a month and I have not done backup data.
    I told myself, go, I'll make one.
    DM I installed 5.0.1 (the latest) and I connected my 9700 to launch a full backup.

From there I have had nothing but problems.
    Can not save all the data. It routinely blocks at the base BBgroups. I have run a selective backup power to at least have something.

My question was whether anyone had ever had this problem and if he could fix that.

Thank you for your responses.

01-13-10 09:39 AM
    Do you have mas storage enabled? Options>memory. Make sure that it is on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 10:06 AM
    Yes, it is on
    01-13-10 12:34 PM
    I've been having the same backup issue at BB Groups point in the backup as well - I've got the 8330m Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 12:28 PM
    are you recieving errors or is it just not backing up to the computer?
    01-21-10 12:32 PM
    No I have no error, the backup hangs on bbgroups. It stops and blocks the desktop manager program.
    I could do this without a backup file.

I do not know if this problem is that I transfer all my old data bold 9000 to 9700.
    01-21-10 04:10 PM
    No error for me either, just freezes at that point. Another thread (below) suggested clearing the cache in DM, but that didn't work in my case.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/de...groups-398351/
    01-21-10 09:41 PM
    Well, I ventured out on my own to create a work-around. Here's what I did: first, launch DM, connect BB, from main menu select Backup and Restore. Next, click the advanced tab - you'll see two windows a file window on the left and a Devices Databases window on the right. I selected everything but the BBGroups database and moved them over to the files window (with the arrow button). Finally, under the file dropdown on the left, I selected save as option and named my backup file. Probably not the best workaround, but at least most of my stuff should be backed up now.
    01-26-10 07:54 PM
    I'll try this solution

Thank you
    01-31-10 09:27 AM
    I am still having issues with backing up my BOLD 9700. I have the same problem as Jimbo 5000. As the back up starts and reaches BB Groups, the Desktop manager freezes and "the clock" on the handset screen just keeps spinning. I am now lost as what to do. I tried clearing the cache using the advanced option in desktop manager but that didn't work. I am trying to find a thread on this website where a user gave instuctions to go into the web browser on the handset, click options and clear the cache memory which is supposed to help. Can't seem to find that thread though. If anyone can assist me please post. I need to back up soon. Thanks
    Last edited by Sugarzz; 07-13-10 at 08:21 AM.
    07-13-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD