Hi there

I couldn't find a similar thread with this so here it goes:

I recently moved office to a 'serviced' office. When I try and access files from file manager that are stored on my work computer, it says the computer is off line even though it isn't. Any ideas? I don't have a file wall on my mac - I am just wondering if I need a public IP address or need to ask the tech people who supply the broad band to do anything. It doesn't even work when we are on the same wifi network. Any advice gratefully received!?

Also, I thought I would try and see if I could set it up at home with another mac to see what end the problem was. Different problem here - It doesn't say 'offline' but when I tap on the computer I want to access it looks like it's searching for files but just comes up with a black page (I have selected several files from BlackBerry link that should be viewable).

So annoying as this worked flawlessly before I moved office and use it all the time...any help appreciated!

Like a tap dancing mouse on my Q10
    08-27-13 03:30 PM
    I don't know Mac, but in the PC world you must adjust your settings on the PC to allow file sharing. As for the work PC are you sure there is no firewall? And there could be IT policies also that prevent your access. I know this would not work on my office PC.
    08-27-13 11:43 PM
    Progress - it no longer says it's offline but when I select a file that i've given permission to access the 'wheel' goes round and round for a minute or two then I get a blank page, as if the file is empty. The same is true when I try to access my wife's computer files. Any one else have this problem?

Like a tap dancing mouse on my Q10
    09-08-13 03:34 AM
    Mines acting up again at random, very disheartening. One of the best things about Link is unusable.
    04-27-14 09:56 AM
    Go to settings on your device from the home screen. Go to Storage and Access. Check if you have "Access using WIFI" enabled. I think you have it disabled. It will prompt you to select a password for it. Shut down the File Manager if you have it open. It should work when you open the File Manager again. If it doesn't, reboot your device.

Issues with Remote File Access BB10 to Mac-img_20140427_173117.png

It could take a little time for the File Manager to make a proper connection. It depends on what drives you connect with. There's a difference between syncing a few dozen GB and a few hundred.
    04-27-14 10:36 AM
    I've done that and more, RFA had been working fine before updating to 10.2.1.2228, I've followed numerous suggestions in many threads dating back to this one.
    What os are you on?
    I haven't changed a thing as far as settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:35 AM
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141

It has worked well for me for the most part since 10.0 a long time ago. Maybe you can try to delete the WIFI from your device and desktop and reconnect them. Perhaps there's a connection time out of some sort. It's weird how certain features get screwed after an update which should actually fix things, not break them.
    04-27-14 05:20 PM
    Deleted both Wifi profiles on both cell and laptop.
    Restarted both its still a no go.
    But thanks for you help Crackbb10

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 08:44 AM
    Deleted both Wifi profiles on both cell and laptop.
    Restarted both its still a no go.
    But thanks for you help Crackbb10

Posted via CB10
    Only thing left I can think of is signing out from BlackBerry Link and sign in again and then establish the connection.
    04-28-14 02:17 PM
    No!!
    You can only use the remote file access feature on mac by turning off the firewall.

I don't know why BlackBerry link will only work like this but yeah it solves your problem

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 07:25 AM
    Discovered one reason why remote access is flakey…
    When I first tried remote access I wasn’t able to get it to work because my mac's firewall was on. So I turned it off and sure enough remote access started working over both home and mobile networks. Unfortunately, it didn't last. It stopped working shortly after - for what seemed to be no reason.

Getting it working again wasn’t easy. No matter what I turned off and on, nothing seemed to work - until I sighed out of BBLink on my mac and back in again. My phone automatically re-connected and I had full access to my shared files!

So why does it stop working?

THE PROBLEM (I think): When a mac goes to sleep, it disconnects the network connection - which terminates Link’s connection to BlackBerry as well. When it wakes up the network connection is restored, but it seems Link doesn't re-connect to BlackBerry; even though Link says you’re still signed in.

THE WORK-AROUND: Prevent the computer’s network connection from breaking once signed into BBLink! You can turn data on or off on your device anytime, but the computer’s connection cannot break. If it does, re-signing into BBLink will restore remote access. For me, this means disabling sleep mode - which I don't like, but it's a work-around. I don’t like leaving the firewall off either so I installed a software firewall and whitelisted all BBLink-related incoming/outgoing processes to make it work!

One other thing to remember if you switch between LAN and mobile networks, on your phone - close the File Manager and turn BBLink off for about 30-60 seconds, and then back on.

I hope my very first post helps those having similar issues with remote access!
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    06-10-14 08:10 PM
    Discovered one reason why remote access is flakey�
    When I first tried remote access I wasn�t able to get it to work because my mac's firewall was on. So I turned it off and sure enough remote access started working over both home and mobile networks. Unfortunately, it didn't last. It stopped working shortly after - for what seemed to be no reason.

Getting it working again wasn�t easy. No matter what I turned off and on, nothing seemed to work - until I sighed out of BBLink on my mac and back in again. My phone automatically re-connected and I had full access to my shared files!

So why does it stop working?

THE PROBLEM (I think): When a mac goes to sleep, it disconnects the network connection - which terminates Link�s connection to BlackBerry as well. When it wakes up the network connection is restored, but it seems Link doesn't re-connect to BlackBerry; even though Link says you�re still signed in.

THE WORK-AROUND: Prevent the computer�s network connection from breaking once signed into BBLink! You can turn data on or off on your device anytime, but the computer�s connection cannot break. If it does, re-signing into BBLink will restore remote access. For me, this means disabling sleep mode - which I don't like, but it's a work-around. I don�t like leaving the firewall off either so I installed a software firewall and whitelisted all BBLink-related incoming/outgoing processes to make it work!

One other thing to remember if you switch between LAN and mobile networks, on your phone - close the File Manager and turn BBLink off for about 30-60 seconds, and then back on.

I hope my very first post helps those having similar issues with remote access!
    Thanks for the workaround..but still disabling mac sleep mode is a pain in the ***

Posted via my awesome communication device BlackBerry Z10
    06-10-14 09:45 PM
    No!!
    You can only use the remote file access feature on mac by turning off the firewall.

I don't know why BlackBerry link will only work like this but yeah it solves your problem

Posted via CB10
    Has anyone found out how to get it to work without turning off the firewall? You can put exceptions in the firewall but even after I put like 5 BlackBerry Link processes it still won't work. If you know which ones to put in there to get it to work let us know please.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 07:33 AM

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-12-15 11:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:02 AM