I have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop and I'm having two issues that seem to be a direct result of synching with BB Desktop:

1. My Torch is running the latest OS version - 6.0.0.246. When I go to All and select to add Text Messaging to Favorites it works fine until I sync with the BlackBerry Desktop. Once I do that it disappears from Favorites and I have to go back to All and again add it to Favorites or just run Text Messaging from All. Thus far it only appears to be happening to Text Messaging. I can use BB Messanger without issue (I have 16 applications in Favorites).

2. Often, following a sync with Desktop Manager, approximately 1/2" of the bottom of the screen is blocked, i.e. you can't see it or scroll down. This used to require a battery pull but now I just run A+ Reset which returns all to normal. But, I shouldn't have to do this.

3. Lastly, on occasion (haven't determined if this occurs as a result of a sync), the icons in the Favorites folder will no longer be pinned to the locations I had them in; they're scattered around the folder.

Has anyone else had these problems and, if so, are there solutions? Thanks!

Nick.
    11-19-10 10:28 AM
    Icons rearranging themselves, and becoming unpinned to the favorites tab, is a known issue. Don't believe it's related to syncing with DM, least no one else has mentioned it. I'm not 100% sure since I haven't used the stock theme since the day the theme builder came out, but I believe the latest OS .337 fixes that. Perhaps someone using the stock theme will chime in .

Never experienced the other bug with the bottom of the screen being cutoff, so i can't comment on that.

You do know that holding the alt + shift + del keys together, until the keyboard goes dark. Does the same thing as your A+ reset app? It's called a soft reboot and not to be confused with a battery pull. Nothing will simulate an actual battery pull.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-19-10 at 10:54 AM. Reason: editted to reflect my ctrl/shift mistake
    nshaw likes this.
    11-19-10 10:34 AM
    Alt+Ctrl+Del on your PC homer
    It's Alt + Rt-Caps + Del on a Blackberry
    ...just didn't what the poor OP looking for a Ctrl key
    11-19-10 10:49 AM
    Yes shift(right caps key) not ctrl. My bad.

Just so used to saying "alt + ctrl + del" in reference to starting the task manager, as I'm a member of a pc forum as well.
    11-19-10 10:56 AM
    Thanks about the soft reset; didn't know the key combination.

I'm a little curious about this .337 version as my BB Desktop shows 6.0.0.246 and when I check on the phone or through the desktop there are no updates. I have AT&T. Is this a release for another provider?

Again - thanks!
    11-19-10 11:41 AM
    Thanks about the soft reset; didn't know the key combination.

I'm a little curious about this .337 version as my BB Desktop shows 6.0.0.246 and when I check on the phone or through the desktop there are no updates. I have AT&T. Is this a release for another provider?

Again - thanks!
    Yes its for another carrier. Have a look at the top sticky thread in this section. Download links as well as what people are finding as far as bugs go, is being posted in that thread.
    11-19-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD