View Poll Results: are you having problems with Desktop Manager 6?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was, but it's all better now.

6 4.96%
  • yes and the problems continue.

98 80.99%
  • no, worked from the start.

17 14.05%
    How were you able to go back to version 5? ...
    Unless you deleted it, you should still have the DM5 download on your PC. If you don't, I can upload the version I have to Megaupload later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 05:57 PM
    V5 was deleted when I uploaded V6. If you could send it to me that would be great. Do you need me to pm my email? Many thanks for your prompt response.
    Cheers,
    09-10-10 06:16 PM
    No need for an email. I'll put the megaupload link in this thread. It may be a couple of hours before I get home, though.

09-10-10 06:34 PM
    Jeff,
    Thank you, I will look forward to the link.
    Cheers,
    Colby
    09-10-10 06:49 PM
    Here's the link to DM 5.01. MEGAUPLOAD - BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.01
    09-10-10 08:14 PM
    Jeff,
    I downloaded V 5 and all is now well in my Blackberry world once again. You have made an old lady very happy. People like you are what is so great about CrackBerry. Thanks so very much for your help.
    Cheers
    Colby
    09-10-10 11:03 PM
    if anyone from RIM is reading these posts please, can I be the person who gets to FIRE the ***** who decided to release this software? I'll gladly pay to have that honor.
    09-11-10 02:02 AM
    i was told via girl in vodafone shop who was told by the blackberry rep dm 6 is not compatible for bb curve 8900 if this is true this should be common knowledge to all,i have been a victim as my first attempt buggered up my fone now have replacement and was told to get rid of dm 6 and reinstall dm 5
    09-11-10 07:42 AM
    at this point, I'm wondering if it's compatible with anything. I get to see mine for about 30 seconds before it crashes.. on the bright side though, the Icon looks good on my desktop. it's just a shame that it's not functional. it's almost like chrome on a gun; it's only good for pimps... and has no use.
    09-11-10 09:23 PM
    Ok, after several hours over the last few weeks, I finally got mine to work. I think.. so far so good. I finally determined that my issue was a phone issue and not a computer issue. I then went into my video files on my phone itself and deleted all the videos off the phone. I then deleted all the music off the phone. now when I start DM6, I'm able to plug the phone in and get the software to work without it crashing. since I don't currently have my computer hooked up to the internet, it won't let me do an initial sync of my outlook, but I will give an update on that tomorrow sometime. as of right now, it's letting me sync my music and videos without it crashing. wish I would have tried removing videos and music off my device sooner. Hopefully RIM will read this and fix the issue. hope this helps everyone who continues to have issues. all this made me want to scream..
    09-12-10 11:39 PM
    I reverted back to 5 as soon as I realized that the "3rd party app sync" option was removed andI could no longer successfully sync Ascendo Datavault with the desktop app. Complete showstopper for me.
    Same issue here...took me two days and messing with the registry to get myself back to here I was before I made the unfortunate error of downloading this update. I use a Tour 9630 and it wouldn't sync my Outlook, or Ascendo.
    09-13-10 01:21 PM
    DM 5.0 was able to sync my PST folders. I can't seem to be able to do that with 6.0. Very annoying. I don't care about syncing media files.
    09-15-10 02:36 PM
    Jeff,
    I downloaded V 5 and all is now well in my Blackberry world once again. You have made an old lady very happy. People like you are what is so great about CrackBerry. Thanks so very much for your help.
    Cheers
    Colby
    where did you get version 5.0?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it. My life is back to normal now!
    Last edited by MOTH477; 09-15-10 at 03:44 PM.
    09-15-10 02:38 PM
    Not sure if it's an issue with my phone but within hours of loading DM6 and working on the first sync (which never actually went through) my phone gave me a DVM 102 error - completely froze. Once I got my phone working again, I immediately uninstalled DM6 and put DM5 back on my desktop. Sync and phone working fine.

Horrible software. Can't believe they would release update that causes customer phones to lock up!
    09-16-10 03:27 PM
    thanks so much jeff for the link.my deskmanager 5 was deleted on dm 6 upgrade.DM 6 never worked great for me and i dislike the setop of 6.now all is right in my bb world dm 5 works great.
    09-18-10 01:32 AM
    Sorry if I'm late to the party. Just tried to download DM6. I already have .NET 4.0. Yet when I try to install DM it wants to install .NET 3.5 SP1 and it fails every time.

Any work arounds?

09-20-10 07:33 PM
    which one is the latest dm5 version and where can we download it from? PLEASE!
    09-21-10 12:24 AM
    which one is the latest dm5 version and where can we download it from? PLEASE!
    Look back to my post on Sept 10 in this thread. I posted a megaupload link to the version of DM 5 that I use, DM 5.01. I don't know that it was the last DM 5, but it works.
    09-21-10 05:26 AM
    very cool thanks
    09-21-10 12:14 PM
    Look back to my post on Sept 10 in this thread. I posted a megaupload link to the version of DM 5 that I use, DM 5.01. I don't know that it was the last DM 5, but it works.
    Unfortunately, a downgrade to DM5 would not work for me. DM simply does not read that I have a device connected after the initial sync attempt (which freezes on me and never finishes). Thank goodness I at least got the stupid thing to make a back-up file for me.

What in the world is going on??
    09-22-10 10:24 PM
    Everything was fine, backing up, contacts synchronization, but when I plug in my BB and click on ADD APP, the applicaion sits there forever trying to figure out what apps are on my BB.......

I uninstalled this POS and back to the trust 5.0.1
    09-27-10 09:01 AM
    DM6 has been wonderful.

Fast, tethering is easy, backups are quick, nice interface, etc.

Loader.exe is pretty much the same.
    09-27-10 12:27 PM
    Since I'm a BB newbie, and that I could not find a way to upload individual songs on my BB with DM6, I went back to DM5. And as long as it looks like there is no easy way to do with DM6 what I can simply do with Roxio, I'll keep DM5, thank you very much.

Also I don't understand much about all that synchronising business but I just started reading those great 101 lectures, so maybe there's hope.
    09-28-10 11:17 AM
    It was working but now has crashed and wouldn't even start up. Uninstall and downloading DM 5 as we speak.
    10-04-10 01:36 PM
    DM 6 has worked fine for me since day one. What I don't like is you cannot do as much with it like you could with DM 5.
    10-04-10 04:30 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD