View Poll Results: are you having problems with Desktop Manager 6?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was, but it's all better now.

6 4.96%
  • yes and the problems continue.

98 80.99%
  • no, worked from the start.

17 14.05%
    how about a poll to see how many people are having issues with RIMs DM6? this software is JUNK to say the least..
    08-19-10 12:43 AM
    not sure if the crackberry team reads these posts. anyone know an email address so I can write someone and ask about putting a poll up. I'm really curious to see what percent of people are having issues with this lousy software.
    08-24-10 09:22 AM
    You don't need to email site support to put up a poll. You can put up the poll yourself. The option is near the bottom of the new thread creation options.
    08-24-10 09:27 AM
    You don't need to email site support to put up a poll. You can put up the poll yourself. The option is near the bottom of the new thread creation options.

thanks JeffH, I didn't know that. learn something new every day.. have a good one.
    08-24-10 10:38 PM
    come on, I know more than 6 people are having issues with DM6, and I know there are a few who haven't had any problems at all. I finally gave up..
    08-27-10 10:19 PM
    I thought it would work for me, but it doesn't. I don't like it.
    08-27-10 11:48 PM
    My sms problem started when I used DM6 to back up and update my 8900. Now periodically I get a message error and I have to reboot my phone before I can send and recieve sms or bbm messages.
    08-28-10 03:13 PM
    it's been a few days, and I haven't kept up. Does anyone know if they've fixed desktop manager 6 or identified what's causing so many people to have issues with this software.
    08-31-10 10:04 PM
    it's been a few days, and I haven't kept up. Does anyone know if they've fixed desktop manager 6 or identified what's causing so many people to have issues with this software.
    They havent
    09-01-10 06:14 AM
    Yep, still no fixes.
    09-01-10 07:05 AM
    No problems, I have the beta 6.0.0.30 at the office and whatever the official is (6.0.0.42?) on my laptop
    09-01-10 07:15 AM
    I have gone back to version 5...
    09-01-10 10:38 AM
    Same here. To many lockups, failed updates and having open program files even after the DM is closed down.
    09-01-10 03:15 PM
    Same here. To many lockups, failed updates and having open program files even after the DM is closed down.
    So I contacted a customer service rep through tw�tter who suggested I try a few things. I did everything he asked and it didn't work . His final solution was for me to contact my carrier so they could take my issue back ro rim. This is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. I'm already talking to rim and they suggest I have my carrier talk to them. I guess its easier for RIM to give somebody the runaround if there's a third party involved. I'll tell you. I sell phones part time and this is def�nately making it easy for me to suggest anything but a blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 01:10 PM
    I had no issues with backup or sync. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and Outlook 2007.

I do not use the media manager on DM 6, nor have I used it on any previous version of DM.
    09-03-10 11:46 PM
    Anyone voting here could you please also add a comment on the RIM website!

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 Crashing - Page 17 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-04-10 05:00 AM
    The sync is less specific in the new version. All video or picture files get imported to your computer instead of just the ones you select. I'm not having any problems with getting the software to function but I don't like my choices. Crappy software RIM.
    09-04-10 04:35 PM
    DM6 works good for me from day 1, no issues at all.

09-04-10 05:10 PM
    DM6 works good for me from day 1, no issues at all.

I envy you. I've been trying for days to get this software working. this has got to be the worst software I've ever had the displeasure of working with. I do however love my phone. it's just a shame RIM doesn't take pride in what they put out. to them it's just a way to make money. I can't blame them for wanting to make money, but they should also take a little responsibility for their products and try to communicate with their customers. so far the results of this poll doesn't surprise me. obviously a small amount of people have voted, but I'd be willing to bet that this software has caused many more people headaches.
    09-04-10 10:44 PM
    DM6 keeps telling me to connect my device even though it is connected. i've tried reconecting it several times but nothing works. Suggestions?
    09-06-10 10:48 AM
    Works fine for me.

What I am supposed to be looking for?
    09-07-10 12:23 AM
    Works fine for me.

What I am supposed to be looking for?
    if it's working, your one of the few able to use it. the majority of us can't even get the software to start, or it will start and crash within about 1 minute. there are also other issues which I haven't had a chance to find out about because mine won't last a minute before crashing. so far, the results of my poll are pretty much what I expected. I can't believe RIM allowed this to be released. I sell cell phones part time, and as a result of RIMs poor customer service, I've started recommending other phones to customers. it's amazing, when you tell them how bad someone's customer service is, customers immediately start looking for another phone. although I love my phone, I'd like to be able to use all the functions with a software that works. RIM just gave me the runaround..
    09-07-10 06:20 AM
    I reverted back to 5 as soon as I realized that the "3rd party app sync" option was removed andI could no longer successfully sync Ascendo Datavault with the desktop app. Complete showstopper for me.
    09-07-10 03:49 PM
    well, the newest build doesn't work either. mine crashed almost immediately. the problems continue. not a surprise though..
    09-09-10 05:08 PM
    How were you able to go back to version 5? I uninstalled V 6 and tried to go to RIM to get V5 and all I could get was DM 6.0.0.47 and it freezes and goes into not responding mode. I had to reinstall V 6 and it still does not work on my Curve 8330.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by Colby1944; 09-10-10 at 05:46 PM. Reason: correct typo
    09-10-10 05:46 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD